2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

I wonder if our depth at RB could hurt us with Bryant. That's really the only advantage USCe has on us.

Nope. SC is just a hat on the table. Auburn is the only team he has retweeted positive stuff about the last 5 days.

I noticed that. Gamecock nation hasn't really made a showout of support.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn holds most of the cards for Bryant's signature. He will be playing behind a great OL with all the talent Auburn has accumulated there. USCe is not as deep as we are at RB, and that's there only advantage. Steve Spurrier is pretty old, and who knows if he will be around in 3 or 4 years.

Auburn has limited spots left, and he'd better commit pretty quickly. With commits likely from Kearse and possibly Matthews on the horizon, Auburn is nearly full.

Our class will be nearly done way before NSD, with Adams being the exception and/ or a possible flip from OJ Howard.

I want him to come to Auburn but I hope he doesn't just pick us now to tie up his spot and then flip later on after looking more.

Just imagine what coach Yox would do with him haha. That said I really hope we get him. Guy has so much potential and he already looks college ready  :we:

I want him to come to Auburn but I hope he doesn't just pick us now to tie up his spot and then flip later on after looking more.

What makes you say that?

This is the sort of results one gets when they opt out of going on a turkey shoot, fishing or what not, and instead focus on the job they're hired to do.

This is the sort of results one gets when they opt out of going on a turkey shoot, fishing or what not, and instead focus on the job they're hired to do.

I don't agree. These coaches are taking just as many vacation days as did the previous staff. The difference is that they've learned to keep their off-time activities a secret because if they don't we Auburn fans will crucify them for not being on the job 24/7/365. I'm shocked that nobody has yet suggested that the coaching staff be provided with army cots in their offices so that they don't go home at nights and on the weekends.

PS: Last year it almost slipped out that (horror!) Coach Luper took his family on an extended vacation to the Bahamas during the summer. I think something else newsworthy popped up about then so the vacation story never took hold in the media. Good thing, or people would have been saying Luper's vacation was the reason we lost Goldman, Darby, Diggs and Alexander last signing day.

GB is "Back on the market", by BM  GB has decomitted from OU.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/4-star-running-back-Greg-Bryant-is-back-on-the-market-82914

:laugh:  NM  I read back only 2 pages to check for this info.  Now I see it was the 3rd.

This is great news...

;D

This kid is a beast and i would love to have him aboard!!! Hopefully his next announcement will be he is joining the AU family!!!!1 :party:

@EagleDamnWar

Matt Porter: Dad of Greg Bryant says now focus is school and football rather than recruiting. Decision may come later. bit.ly/MgqGcv

@Niebuhr247

RT @Adamphillips06: @Niebuhr247 opinion on where greg bryant ends up? /// AU ... As of today

Retweeted by Kyle Kolumbus

Oh good grief. Still beating that tired, ridiculous argument?

xCTT's duck hunting trip was a good bit closer to signing day than sometime in the summer. It was late November 2007 (the 29th to be exact, because that was also the date that the Tubs to Arky rumors blew up) and not during a dead period. The recruiting calendar for football in 2007-08 was this:

November 25, 2007, through February 2, 2008, [except for (1) though (6) below].

Six in-person off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one permitted in any one calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) or partial calendar week:

Contact Period

(1) December 16, 2007: Quiet Period

(2) December 17, 2007, through January 1, 2008:* Dead Period

(3) January 2-3, 2008:* Dead Period

*Institutional staff members may have contact with a prospective student athlete who has been admitted for mid-year enrollment, provided the

prospect has signed a National Letter of Intent or other offer of admission and/or financial aid to attend the institution and is required to be on campus to attend institutional orientation sessions for all students.

(4) January 4-6, 2008: Quiet Period

(5) January 7-10, 2008: Dead Period

Other coaches, including the coach of his archrival, were on the recruiting trail while he was taking a vacation. The time to have planned a hunting trip with that calendar would have been during one of the dead periods.

I'm waiting for the "we don't want a player that would de-commit from somebody else" post. Only the orange jersey threads are better.

@Niebuhr247

RT @Adamphillips06: @Niebuhr247 opinion on where greg bryant ends up? /// AU ... As of today

Retweeted by Kyle Kolumbus

E it's been over a hour and a half without an update... You're slipping man  ;) ;) ;)

If we get Bryant from OU that will almost make up for what Stoops did to us in 2004. Karma is a strange creature.

If we get Bryant from OU that will almost make up for what Stoops did to us in 2004. Karma is a strange creature.

Whoa, let's not go that far.  I don't think so...

Can't really blame Stoops for '04.  He just rode what the voters gave him.  Tubs would have done the same if the roles had been reversed.

You have to admit though taking their top recruit is a nice way to pay them back. That is why I said almost. I know nothing will ever take the place of a NC taken away from us but anytime we can take a jab at OU the better imo.

You have to admit though taking their top recruit is a nice way to pay them back. That is why I said almost. I know nothing will ever take the place of a NC taken away from us but anytime we can take a jab at OU the better imo.

2004 has nothing to do with my wanting to one up Oklahoma. Their fan base is eerily similar to Alabama's. I have a pretty good friend who comes from a bammer family but chose Oklahoma as his favorite team instead (we've had discussions as to the parallels between the two and why he decided to go Boomer Sooner in the midst of Bama's probation). Again, he's a cool guy, and talking football with him is fun, but some of his Oklahoma friends...dear Lord they need to get over themselves.

Can't really blame Stoops for '04.  He just rode what the voters gave him.  Tubs would have done the same if the roles had been reversed.

Actually, Tubs under played his hand all year in the media. I never understood that. We beat more top ten teams that year than the next two closest teams combined, yet CTT never really tried to market our team to the voters. I also seem to remember that Stoops brother voted AU something ridiculous like #7 in 2004.

Wasnt it Stoops who voted Auburn in the 90s in the coaches poll vote to help his sooners get in and not au ??

Archived