Chizik visited Kirkpatrick today

Haven't seen it posted yet, but I read where Chizik visited Dre Kirkpatrick today.  He isn't scared to go head to head with Saban.  I know that Tubs had pretty much never even considered him a chance but Dre said now he may consider visiting AU.  I know that he is still going to Bama, but at least Chizik is getting after it. 

Yeah well if he doesn't get any of the big names this year....just wait until next year b/c all the hard recruiting he is doing this year is just gonna make it that much better next year b/c he is forming relationships with coaches and players.

Yeah well if he doesn't get any of the big names this year....just wait until next year b/c all the hard recruiting he is doing this year is just gonna make it that much better next year b/c he is forming relationships with coaches and players.

Yah, I have seen he has already met with coaches in 4 different states in the last 15 days.  Going to be tough, but he is working hard, you have to give him that.  I just wish we weren't losing so many recruits this year.  May be a tough day on signing day. 

I really believe that if Tubs was able to pull in top 10 classes rather consistently then Chizik may be able to do even better because he seems to be working harder than I have seen here in some time.  The old staff would not have wated their time with a visit to Kirkpatrick.  I think he may steal a few away here and there in the future with that fire and relentlesness!

very true....i really think that Tuberville and his staff focused too much outside the state of Alabama the last few years and thats the main reason we didn't get the top prospects in AL.....i think he basically said UA can have those great recruits in bama b/c ill go outside of the state to get some athletes when he could have gotten several in this state if he would have put in the time and effort

Yah, especially with the state of AL being so HUGE last year.  We really suffered not having a good history of recruiting the state well, especially with Saban.  Again, hopefully all of this will change with the new regime. 

I think when it comes to recruiting secondary players, Chizik is always gonna turn a five star head or two. The guy is the only coach in history to coach three consecutive jim thorpe winners, of course cornerbacks are gonna be interested when they hear from him.

Archived