the way i see it

Guest auburn warrior

If Malzahn has a great year this year, do you think he'll be getting some tempting head coaching offers?

I think he will definitely get head coaching opportunities as all great coordinators do.  We just have to hope that he will not make a lateral move, but only move to a new coaching opportunity that is better than the one he has.  You can not fault him for that. 

Oh, I wouldn't blame him at all for leaving for a HC position.  Just wondering what would happen and if we'd have someone else in mind in the event that it happened.

Pretty sure it will be the same as it has been for the last few years with DC.  Chizik has proven to make intelligent hires and I think if GM leaves for a head coaching job (which he eventually will if it works out as well as we hope it will) Chizik will get the wheels turning and hopefully reload the staff, not rebuild.  We have been able to do the same with DC the last few years, I do not see why it has to be any different. 

That's kind of my point.  We've had some good luck getting DC's in the past.  (Probably wouldn't matter, though, as Tubbs is a defensive genius himself).  We haven't had that much luck with OC's though.  Not sure if we'd come away with another great OC if CGM left.

I think we would be fine, as long as there are OC's available to be picked up.  I hope that we will do well, but we won't know until we are in the situation.  Hopefully Chizik has and can gain some great connections within the coaching ranks. 

Archived