The hour glass should be about out on Lebo

SuperFlyEagle

Anybody ever see an hourglass run in reverse?!!  :wedance:

That's a good one.  :laugh:

If nothing else, Lebo has earned his stay.  No denying it.  If he can take a team like this and mold over 20 wins, (10 SEC wins), then he should be there a while longer.  I don't believe a school like AU can do better than Lebo.  I just hope he can get some better recruits and a full bench.

:wedance:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been trying to tell everyone all year that Lebo has done a fantastic job with these guys!! He is a great coach and everyone has underestimated what he has done here at Auburn. I just hope that everyone has jumped on the Lebo bandwagon now b/c he deserves it!!

WAR EAGLE!!

What a great year for AU Basketball...Sportalk you convinced me Lebo has done his job,,Now lets hope the womens and mens team finish the job. In conjunction with new facilities, the recruits will be lining up

If we beat LSU saturday can we please take the pin off this subject and just let it fade away. Who wants to get rid of Lebo now? I'm tellin you guys Lebo can coach. I lived in Chattanooga TN for ten years while Lebo was the coach there, and he had the team competitive when he left. It's not a matter of who can we get thats better, it's a matter of the guy inherited major problems at a program that is not known for supporting it's BB team. Once we have the new stadium and are able to recruit a better athlete and maybe if the fans would support this sport you might see a turn around. Sorry if I went on a rant but I think we would be stupid to get rid of a quality coach. Anyway WAR EAGLE to everyone hope I was'nt being a jerk.

:believe:

Well all I can say was me and the boy had one heck of a time at this game and I think the hour glass has run out on this subject. Its time to un pin this subject and to support this staff. WAR EAGLE!!! :yay::trampoline::happydance::hellyeah:

:believe:

Maybe Lebo is on his way to making believers out of the doubters, non-believers, haters, skeptics, and the fans with no clue(me)..Keep it up team...We'll forget about this year, next year...

War Eagle

yea maybe I came out a little to early with the fire lebo. at the time this popped up, if this had been any other sport but basketball (at AU), the coach would have been out the door. Remember that this is his 5th year. Anyways.... I dont know how much credit to give to him, I give it all to the team... they are playing phenomenal! Regardless of it all, I'll take looking like a complete jackass and Lebo winning it all anytime

Sorry SFE but I have to agree with Waraueagle, Lebo has done an outstanding job with this team. We are an undersized not that deep of a bench over acheiver of a team and if you dont think Lebo has not gotten the most from this team then your not looking at where our BB recruiting classes have been the last 4 or 5 years. And before you say thats his fault most of it is not. He was dealt an unfavorable situation from the last coaching staff with probation, restrictions and on top of all that we are not what you would call a premeir BB program. Cut the guy some slack or better yet give him some credit, he is a good coach. 

I found out some very interesting news today.  It seems as though Mr. Dean Smith (lebo's former coach at UNC, btw) himself is acting as a "mentor" to Coach Lebo and that he watches film of Auburn after every game and breaks it down.  He then goes over it with Jeff and gives him advice.  How awesome is that?  The man is a legend and thinks the world of Coach Lebo!  Just a nice little nugget I figured I would pass along to all of ya'.

When Dean Smith talks, People listen. Does anyone else remember those Dean Witter commercials? But seriously WOW Dean Smith is breaking down AU game film thats impresive. Darn it, find this out right after I've been ranting what a great coach Lebo is, only to find out he's Smith's puppet.(just kiddin) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

With new facilities and with the improvement in recruiting and staff, Auburn should be a "big time basketball program"..Why would Lebo leave? Only for Tarheels...

I know he's done a really job this season but, the big question is can he keep this going next year and the year after that?

I think Lebo has finally turned the corner at Auburn. I think this team will be competing at a high level the rest of the time he is here......he has done a great job recruiting for next year! We shall see!

But wouldn't you agree when we were 2-5 in the conference, things looked preety dark for Lebo and his future on the Plains.

Things didn't look good for him but I had been telling everyone he was gonna turn the corner very soon, i could see things coming together! Auburn just needed something to go there way!

I think it is all going to hinge upon his ability to recruit unimpeded.  If he can go after the talent he wants, I see no reason that he can't be successful every year.  :wedance:

Archived