The hour glass should be about out on Lebo

SuperFlyEagle

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think hes a good coach and should get another year to let this team mesh together. They are playing well considering that alot of new faces are on the floor. With next years recruiting class shaping out to be very good, I think we will be tournament bound next year and lebo will finally have the teams he wants at auburn

I think hes a good coach and should get another year to let this team mesh together. They are playing well considering that a lot of new faces are on the floor. With next years recruiting class shaping out to be very good, I think we will be tournament bound next year and Lebo will finally have the teams he wants at auburn

If Lebo has a good recruiting year, I am willing to give him next year to get us in the NCAA's.  I have seen some improvement this year, so I am somewhat pleased. 

I have heard that Lebo is a great tactician, but not a very good recruiter, (some would say the polar opposite of UA's coach.)  I hope he has a great recruiting class. 

:wedance: 

I am firmly in the "Dump Lebo" crowd now.  The team continues to decline.  I had some hope earlier in the year, but after the PanAm game it is gone.

Get a new coach in so the new arena has a good team to christen it.

>:(

Should Lebo be fired now or after the season? Georgia and Alabama didn't wait to start their coaching search. Georgia fire their coach and Alabama's coach stepped down on his own "yeah buddy."

Agreed that I think it is time for a change, but I think it will be real difficult to do since we are already paying Tubs 10 million and we are building the new arena and you would think eventually Lebo could get it going before we move into the new place.  But I guess new arena may just mean reason for a new coach.  Good luck with this decision and hope we make the best decision for AU basketball because it would be great for our university to one day be at the top of both major sports again. 

Not that I think we will, but what if we lose 4 out of the next 6 or 5 out of the 6. Does Lebo return for another year? that being said though, I really believe we will go 3-3.

• 2 weeks later...

He did inherit a mess, but I kind of agree. Missing foul shot after foul shot is just evidence of not practicing them enough.  Also why continue to shoot 3's when we miss 20 in a row at some points during games.  We either need to recruit better people or coach more to our strengths. 

THANK YOU!

If we beat LSU saturday can we please take the pin off this subject and just let it fade away. Who wants to get rid of Lebo now? I'm tellin you guys Lebo can coach. I lived in Chattanooga TN for ten years while Lebo was the coach there, and he had the team competitive when he left. It's not a matter of who can we get thats better, it's a matter of the guy inherited major problems at a program that is not known for supporting it's BB team. Once we have the new stadium and are able to recruit a better athlete and maybe if the fans would support this sport you might see a turn around. Sorry if I went on a rant but I think we would be stupid to get rid of a quality coach. Anyway WAR EAGLE to everyone hope I was'nt being a jerk.

:believe:

I have never swayed in my support for Lebo.  The man can coach, period and Auburn is very fortunate to have him.   What he has done with this team is amazing.  To go from everyone beginning to wonder if he was losing his team (myself included) after the Ole Miss game in Oxford to this is nothing short of phenominal.  Most casual fans really do not understand how big of a hole we were in when he took over.  That AAU deal was an absolute killer!  He is bringing in some sho' 'nuff basketball players next year, folks, so WATCH OUT!!!! 

:we:

You said it Waraueagle, Lebo inherited a bad situation because of the AAU deal and is starting to get this program turned around in the right direction. With the new arena and facilities next year(long over due) recruiting is going to get better. Hate to sound cheezzy but "The future so bright, I gotta wear Shades"! :thumbsup::trampoline::thumbsup:

Oh yeah!! It's looking bright for our Tigers!! I'm proud of the way they've turned their season around. Lebo has definitely proved that he can get things done, and has earned himself another year at least. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

:believe:

Hey all Im new to boards from the CBS site where some of you know me as BHDAU1 there as well.  Anyway, I used to be calling for a new coach before the second half of the this season because it seemed like once again we werent very good.  My main gripe has been with recruiting and the fact he ran off some of our best players for the first 3 years.  Killingsworth, Monroe, Douglas, and his name escapes me now but he transferred to Ole Miss, and that is just naming a few.  We have lacked a big man and had to play small ball every year and with the losses that became VERY frustrating.  I still dont understand how an SEC team can not get a big man from anywhere that has talent and keep him.  With that being said I cant tell you how happy I am for this team and I will be there Saturday to support them along with a friend or two. My wife cant come because my daughter is only 8 months old and I dont think the noise would be too good.(hopefully)  I grew up in Lexington, KY so I have always been a basketball fan along with football and I did get spoiled with Auburn basketball because my first year at AU was 98, when we actually had good fan support and were nationally relevant.  I have missed those days immensely and HOPE that we can play ourselves into national relevance by finishing the year strong!! Just think, I really believe that if Auburn is given the chance in the NCAA tourney they could maybe repeat what they did in 03. 

Thanks!!  I look forward to talking to Auburn men and women without the ridiculous Bama fans throwing their garbage around.  Just watching that game the other night made me dislike them even more.  they were gtting every call and in the off chance they were called for anything, and I mean ANYTHING, they would yell and boo the refs.  I have never witnessed such a large crowd of uneducated basketball fans in my life!!

Sportstalk and a couple of the other guys were there I think.  I saw it on TV, but I couldn't tell too much about the Bama fans except that they looked sorta goofy and inbred.

Goofy and inbred about sums it up.  Ignorant would be another good choice of words.  :we:

Archived