2 recruits are visiting MSU this weekend

AUSportTalk

Harris Gaston and Brandon Heavens are visiting Mississippi State this weekend. Heavens has liked Florida for a while and has followed them close waiting for an offer but never got one......and now that OC Dan Mullen is the head coach of MSU he said that he is very interested in the Bulldogs. So this visit to MSU for Heavens and Gaston is something to keep a close eye on.

Ditto.  Need both.  If I were Heavens, though, and read these boards, on and on about needing big time receivers, needing big time playmakers, I'm thinking, huh...what am I?  Maybe MSU thinks I'm worth more than these guys do....

Surely the coaches have and/or will reassure him.

Gaston plays in a different classification than Heavens. If im not mistaken Heavens actually moved up to a better Classification and seems to be more proven. I think we need both definitely, but if I had to choose between the two I would take heavens...

This past Saturday (1/24) I was in Birmingham in a resturant.  Of coarse I had and AU shirt and hat on.  A woman came up to me and put her arm around me said "War Eagle."  Then she told me how her son was going to play football for AU next year.  I asked her, her sons name and she said Brandon Heavens.  Then she spent the next 10 min. explaining to me how excited she and her son were that he was going to be an Auburn Tiger.  I Guess things can always change, but according to mom, Heavens IS a Tiger!

ABRNFAN, I think your post made my night. Thank you for sharing that with us and welcome to our group..

I think Heavens grades may be in question, so if that's the case he won't be playing anywhere.  Gaston had knee surgery, and is rehabbing.  So I don't think it will hurt us if they decide to go elsewhere.  That opens up room for Bamfo and King at LB, at WR maybe one of these big-guns would lean our way. (Randle, Patterson)

What you just said rang a bell for me.  Jeffrey Lee did say that about Heavens and it was because of grades!  He didn't say that he new for sure that they asked Heavens to look elsewhere but he thought they might have.

Archived