Less Than 1,000 Tickets Remain For Auburn-LSU Basketball Game Saturday

AUSportTalk

AUBURN---Less than 1,000 tickets remain for the Auburn-LSU

men*s basketball game Saturday at 3 pm Central in

Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum. Tickets are $15 each to see SEC Champion

LSU against Auburn, winners of seven of its last eight games.

Go to www.autigertickets.com to purchase the $15 tickets. The

Auburn Athletic Department Ticket Office will be open Friday from 8 am -

4:30 pm and on Saturday beginning at 1:30 pm.

Auburn Athletic Department officials recommend arriving early on

Saturday.

It is Senior Day for a quartet of Tigers in Korvotney Barber,

Rasheem Barrett, Quantez Robertson and Drew Smith.

I know as of yesterday they sold those 1,000 tickets....so they have decided to raise the curtains in the upper section.....they have a few more tickets left but they won't last long.....all in all it will be SOLD OUT!

Great news! One of the first times I can remember since 1999 that we are selling out a game in order to watch AU play basketball.  I know we sold out other games but those were for Kentucky coming in and Iron Bowl presentation.  WDE!!!

The capacity is 10,500 with the seats covered up by the wall.  Uncovering them, as they did Saturday brings it back to a little over 12,000.  Before they put the office suites on the other side and that wall up it seated a little over 14,000.

That size arena is what we need.  The way it is built will make it twice as loud as Beard-Eaves.  It is built alot like Cameron Indoor at Duke which provides the most hostile environment in all of college basketball and seats just over 9,000.

Yeah looking at the plans for the new arena it stacks the fans closer to the floor and more on top of it. Should make for a more hostile enviroment for opposing teams. Also should make it more fun for the fans. I was at the Corndog game and was in the upper section and it just seamed like we were too far away to make any significant noise.

I like the capacity being lower b/c it will make the tickets in more demand when we have big games!! I would love to know that the tickets are in demand! Plus that is all the seats they could get into the place to make it fan friendly, plus they were looking for the best way to make it very loud.

Smaller area but its more compact in terms of seating. Its more like your on top of the court than before at least thats what it looks like in the comparison of the two arenas on the Official Athlectic Web site(auburntigers.cstv.com). Go to INSIDE ATHLETICS and then Facilities Const. for a comparison.

The upper deck laps over the lower deck so alot of the upper deck seats are just as close or closer to the court than some of the lower level seats in the back.  It is gonna be loud if we show up and holler!!!

They have to build to a reasonable expectation of being able to sell those seats.  We could build a 15000 seat arena but never sell it out.  It makes more business sense to sell-out 9000 seats and save the building costs.

Very true, and they really wanted to keep this place intimate.  People who travel to Chapel Hill to watch UNC play will tell you that the place lacks in energy and excitement because it is just too big.  Bigger is better in football but definitely not in basketball.

Archived