Big Time Recruiting Weekends Updated @ 11:52 7-18-09

AUSportTalk

I for one don't believe that these GREAT set of coaches will turn it around in a day. However, i'm very happy with even being in consideration for some of these "Big Tyme" recruits. It has put a spark and a sense of excitement back into the program. If we take a step back, we are all on the edge of our seats worried about if this guy or that guy will show...instead of pointing fingers and ducking our head in shame because of the season we had last year. With that being said, I already consider this a "Winning" season. We won't land everyone of these guys that we have on our radar, but we'll damn sure get some of them and that's more than I can say for the past!!!

So long story short....lets enjoy this crazy train ride and keep in the back of our minds that it could be much worse...class of all 2 and 3 stars!!!

Okay...I now return you to your regularly scheduled program!!!

AUSportsTalk...Are you still standing by your silent commit that will announce this weekend???

:yay:

I still feel pretty good about it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats the deal with Dyer's folks. Sounds like he's got something against us. :dunno:

Sure hope he lets Dyer make his on decisions.

I'm not sure.....sounds kinda crazy to me. Who knows? If he shows up at Auburn this weekend then we all know where he wants to play college football!

I cant stand when relatives get in the way. In the end the kid has to make his own decisions. Hopefully that will happen in the end any way it goes.

Even without seatrunk coming this weekend and dyer coming on sunday I am still extremely excited about this weekend and think a lot of good will come out of it.  I think people need to step back and relax and let the coaches do what they do best and that is recruit!  WDE!

Anyone else thinking that this may be Seastrunk's idea of funny? Saying he won't show and then maybe showing up and committing? Long shot, I know. One can still hope!

I like your way of thinking....at least you aren't one of the fans that are ready to jump off a bridge.

I've been firmly planted on this bridge for a while. I can assure you my friend, that Im not going anywhere. WDE, and I hope we land some good ones this weekend!!!

I don't think anybody is gonna jump off a bridge. We all just have high expectations and that's a good and a bad thing. By the way i missed the part where Dyer is coming Sunday that's good to hear if it happens.

I'm Auburn to the end no matter what, just ready to get this thing underway that's all.

WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :we:

Rivals 100 weakside DE Corey Lemonier has been added to the visitor's list for this weekend!!!

Yep yep!! Good stuff.....if everyone just takes a step back and just lets the weekend go on.....everyone will be happy with the results!

Great point!!!

:tdau:

I for one don't believe that these GREAT set of coaches will turn it around in a day. However, i'm very happy with even being in consideration for some of these "Big Tyme" recruits. It has put a spark and a sense of excitement back into the program. If we take a step back, we are all on the edge of our seats worried about if this guy or that guy will show...instead of pointing fingers and ducking our head in shame because of the season we had last year. With that being said, I already consider this a "Winning" season. We won't land everyone of these guys that we have on our radar, but we'll damn sure get some of them and that's more than I can say for the past!!!

So long story short....lets enjoy this crazy train ride and keep in the back of our minds that it could be much worse...class of all 2 and 3 stars!!!

SportTalk anymore hints???

WDE                                                                    :zapbama:

AUSportsTalk...Are you still standing by your silent commit that will announce this weekend???

I still feel pretty good about it.

What we all need to understand is that we don't have room for all of the players who are scheduled to come in over the next two weeks. Plus, we really don't know where most of them stand on the coaches' list of priorities. It's only July and nobody can sign anywhere until February so I'm going to have a glass of good wine. War Eagle.

We're gonna be alright, everyone.  Don't worry.  And another thing for all the doom and gloomers.  Dyer was interviewed on a Little Rock, Ark. radio station yesterday and said that Auburn was still, by far, his leader.  He and Dakota were then interviewed on a television program where the reporter said "I heard you might be a silent commit to Auburn."  While laughing, Dyer said "It might be true, though."

I think we get 5 commitments this weekend. LS and Dyer will wait I believe though.

WDE.. :believe:

I think we get 5 commitments this weekend. LS and Dyer will wait I believe though.

That would be a very productive weekend.

Any word of any recruits on the Plains yet? I wish Seastruck would come down this weekend.

Any word of any recruits on the Plains yet? I wish Seastruck would come down this weekend.

I haven't seen or heard of any being here yet but I am gonna try to get an update around 5-6pm b/c some should be arriving around that time.

Thank ya so much. Im heading out of town for the wknd but look forward to hearing any updates when I get back Sunday night. 

Its mighty silent in here no new news SportTalk?

I will be getting news all day and doing an update on the whole weekend sometime later tonight

Archived