Interesting.......

AUSportTalk

Word is out that Coach Curtis Luper said that another BIG recruiting weekend could be in the works and he would like to get some more big time players on campus before they return to school.

While I like the coaches enthusiasm about recruiting, some stuff they should keep to themselves. Take this weekend for instance. Some AU fans quickly became irrational thinking we might get 10-12 committs this weekend. 1 minute all of the big time rbs are coming then theyre not then they are again and everyone is ready to jump off of a bridge when they cant make it. I try not to, but then you gotta listen to the turds make their da comments. Man I hate those guys. :beatmullet:            :zapbama:

If I were the coach I would try to keep it under wraps as best as I could and invite them all on 1 weekend and just see where it goes from there. Guess thats why Im sitting here on the couch and they are in AU making the big bucks. :hellyeah:

Maybe not everyone could be here on the same day, so they're spreading it out over two weekends.

It's been said a lot, but it bears repeating.  These guys are not just recruiting the guys that have been mentioned.  They are working on changing the entire culture of Auburn recruiting.  It does them no good for everyone to go crazy when this events don't live up to OUR expectations.  To the kids that were on campus this weekend, I'm sure it was a HUGE weekend.  Everybody just needs to take a valium or something.  Things will work out, they always do. :wedance:

The more hype it gains, the more likely incoming classes of the future will want to be included when it's their turn.

heard from a 2013 5 star recruit lol

"Man I remember when I was a Sophmore I heard about that "Big Cat Weekend" and all the top players in the country went and all had fun together, i wanna be part of that!"

My opinion is that if Auburn wins 8 this year, we end up with a top 10 and maybe a top 5 class.  Every recruit has loved the coaching staff and campus, but the only thing keeping them from locking down is the uncertainty surrounding Chizik's past record.  If he proves he can win some then the recruits will flock this year.

I wish things like this would stay a  secret until they happen. All that build up for this past weekend just to let most of us down.  :banghead:

It was just a hard weekend for me.  WAR EAGLE THROUGH

lol the 2013 recruit was a hypothetical.. just ment that if it's a big deal, the kids will want to be part of the fun..  Just like when the tiger prowl came around, and everyone was saying oh that is tacky oh it's this and that... and my point always was.. what is tacky or dumb to most of the fans, isn't the same as it is for an 18 year old high school kid.  Maybe these weekends aren't turning out to be as huge as previously thought, and that bothers us, but to the kids, as long as it's a big group of great players getting together to have a LOT of fun and fellowship, they will want to be there, and the more they are there the better. 

I forget who it was, maybe LaD-O...anyway they said they came into the camp thinking it was going to be boring, but they said it actually turned out to be quite fun.

lol the 2013 recruit was a hypothetical.. just ment that if it's a big deal, the kids will want to be part of the fun..  Just like when the tiger prowl came around, and everyone was saying oh that is tacky oh it's this and that... and my point always was.. what is tacky or dumb to most of the fans, isn't the same as it is for an 18 year old high school kid.  Maybe these weekends aren't turning out to be as huge as previously thought, and that bothers us, but to the kids, as long as it's a big group of great players getting together to have a LOT of fun and fellowship, they will want to be there, and the more they are there the better. 

You have to forgive him tmartin, he's a complete idiot.......

I wish things like this would stay a  secret until they happen. All that build up for this past weekend just to let most of us down.  :banghead:

It was just a hard weekend for me.  WAR EAGLE THROUGH

the build up was from the fans. He said there would be fireworks in July. Is is just me or does everyone's calendar say that July is not over.

Yes, he said July.  The build up for this weekend was eager Auburn fans and rumor spreading bammers.  Still plenty of time in July for fireworks.

It certainly seems like there are some things going on this week.  It looks as if Auburn COULD get as many as 4-5 this week (Howard, Dyer, Mosley, Grant) but I doubt it and would say its probably just one.

Archived