B Zone Parking

I'm not lazy. Walking never hurt anyone. However, I have serious issues with the "Pedestrian Friendly Campus Committee"'s decision to yank B Zone parking privilages away from grad students. Without going into a pointless rant on why and how stupid, disrespectful, and inconsiderate this decision is(for the 3rd time today), I was wondering if anyone here has some insight as to what this committee was thinking. For instance:

What parking problems does this solve? I can only see it creating more.

Why the short notice? Many students base their place of residence on traveling to campus.

When are you going to realize the Tiger Transit is not the cure all? A reported 10,000 people ride the thing a day. I doubt it. Divide 10K by 2 (people have to get home). Then divide it again by the number of multiple riders per day. Down to less than 2000 now arent we? While its a great service and I commend whoever's decision it was to implement it, its not for everyone!

How much more pedestrian friendly can you get? There are only 2 roads that cut through campus. Actually, make that 1, Donahue was cut up this past week. 75% of parking is already on the perimeter, only A and a very small B zone are left on the interior.

Why was the Graduate Student Council left out of this decision???

Why is the university discriminating against certain university employees?

What the heck???

If anyone can answer these questions, please do so. I've considered writing a long email to the committe, but I have seen the benefits from this action through fellow grad students. They receive an automated reply basically saying 'So sorry, get over it.'

Don't get me wrong, I love Auburn. But if this keeps up, they need to change the slogan:

I believe in Auburn, except for the executive decisions made by the administration, and I love it, except the construction, the constant policy changes, and the run around they give students.

man I went through the same crap at UA. When I was there they were pushing the 'pedestrian campus' really hard...MAN walking so much sucked...especially in August

Guest AuNuma1

They completely yanked B zone from grad students altogether? yuck!

You also might want to try your question over on theplainsman.com forums...they might know for sure.

Wow! The parking situation seems to have gotten completely out of hand. Sorry to hear about your losing parking.

Archived