If JJ doesn't make a change

auburn4ever

Guest War Eagle 29

Sorry if this is stating the obvious, but the level of JJ's concern about the BB program can be measured in the MILLIONS that have been spent to construct a state of the art arena. JJ will do the right thing at the end of this season. I like CJL, but I believe even he knows that his race  at Auburn is nearing the finish line.

What does that tell the Auburn family after 6 years of JL?

JJ hired a damn good FB coach, and his selection took some guts. Whether he decides to make a change or not, I'll trust his judgment.

JJ hired a damn good FB coach, and his selection took some guts. Whether he decides to make a change or not, I'll trust his judgment.

Watch the language, FAMILY SITE. I got in trouble for the word "panties" so watch out!

JJ is still a bust as an AD, baseball has been garbage, basketball has been brutal, women's bball has been the same (arguably improved). He also let our swimming unreplaceable swimming coach leave. Although I love what Chizik and his staff are doing, the verdict is still out on him too. So to put all your judgement in JJ is a tad extreme IMO.

JJ is still a bust as an AD, baseball has been garbage, basketball has been brutal, women's bball has been the same (arguably improved). He also let our swimming unreplaceable swimming coach leave. Although I love what Chizik and his staff are doing, the verdict is still out on him too. So to put all your judgement in JJ is a tad extreme IMO.

The baseball coach JJ hired has had one season. The prior baseball coach and both BB coaches were hired prior to JJ becoming AD.

I agee that losing our swimming coach was bad, but I'm not privy to the details, are you? Slavery went out 150 years ago. I don't know how you force somebody to turn down what they think is a better offer.

So while the jury is still out on JJ, you can hardly call him a bust.

If coach Chizik wins and wins big, then JJ will be off the hook for that hire. If JJ doesn't bring in a top head basketball coach/recruiter after 6 long years of Lebo, then people are gonna want him gone as AD. As for baseball, JP is only in his 2nd year. The ladies basketball team is in far better shape than the mens team. Our diving and swiming team HAS BEEN AWESOME!

If coach Chizik wins and wins big, then JJ will be off the hook for that hire. If JJ doesn't bring in a top head basketball coach/recruiter after 6 long years of Lebo, then people are gonna want him gone as AD. As for baseball, JP is only in his 2nd year. The ladies basketball team is in far better shape than the mens team. Our diving and swiming team HAS BEEN AWESOME!

I highly disagree.. The only true results that matter at Auburn (unfortunately) is the sport that brings in the money and thats called Auburn Football..  :-\ :-\

I highly disagree.. The only true results that matter at Auburn (unfortunately) is the sport that brings in the money and thats called Auburn Football..  :-\ :-\

Football is king im afraid

I totally agree.  The only sport that the Athletic office cares about is football.  (Otherwise Lebo would be already gone.)  No one in the AD office cares what the swim team, dive team, gymnastics, or any other sport does as long as the AU football team looks good on those fall saturday games.

This is why I believe JJ will not pull the plug on the horrible Lebo experiment and try to find a winner. 

:wedance:

If JJ doesn't make a move(I don't think he will) it will have nothing to do with him not caring about the basketball program. There is a situation with our APR that is going to limit our ability to attract a quality replacement.

Coaches care. We're not exactly a big time program as it is and then throw in scholarship reductions, limited practice time and a post season ban and you can forget about getting a good coach.

Who gives a crap about APR, if Auburn wants and needs a new coach we go get a new coach, my high school coach would be better than lebo

Coaches care. We're not exactly a big time program as it is and then throw in scholarship reductions, limited practice time and a post season ban and you can forget about getting a good coach.

Who gives a crap about APR, if Auburn wants and needs a new coach we go get a new coach, my high school coach would be better than lebo

Ha, we are already on a self imposed NCAA tourney ban I think! Funny thing when the best Lebo has to offer in 6 years is ALMOST getting us in the Big Dance 1 year!

I think we need a coach who will make us play as a team and have the AU family mentality. Needs to be able to recruit and actually coach. Hmmmm, does Chizik have a brother? :we:

or at least a cousin?  ;D

Reading some of these posts makes me ashamed to be an Auburn tiger. Do we only have "family" in football? Ask any of the better basketball coaches in the country and they will tell you Lebo is an excellent coach. Recruiting continues to ba a problem at Auburn. Anybody can readily tell that Auburn is not a basketball mecca. Recruiting has already improved since the construction started on the new arena, which we would not have if it were not for Jeff Lebo. He was promised a new arena when he was hired and it is not his fault it took six years to finally get it.

AU60, it is what it is bro.

We love Auburn, Auburn loves us

I can tell by your comment that you have not watched any games this year.  Lebo is not a great coach, our record for the last 6 years proves this 

I agree AU60. Lebo has not had a full hand to play with since he got to AU and with problems he inherited when first arriving; it is surprising he has had as good of teams has he has had. Thanks to the NCAA and the Mark Komara situation; Lebo has never had the ability or openness to recruit as other coaches. And it won`t be any better with the next coach. NCAA slammed AU for no reason and that stigma still hangs over AU recruiting.

I agree AU60. Lebo has not had a full hand to play with since he got to AU and with problems he inherited when first arriving; it is surprising he has had as good of teams has he has had. Thanks to the NCAA and the Mark Komara situation; Lebo has never had the ability or openness to recruit as other coaches. And it won`t be any better with the next coach. NCAA slammed AU for no reason and that stigma still hangs over AU recruiting.

I get sick of hearing how poor Lebo came into a mess and has always had one hand tied behind his back, etc.  Was he not hired to right the ship?  Did he not say he was the man for the job?  Did he enter the job with his eyes closed?  I agree that he inherited a bad situation, but so have other coaches and they have come out of it.  He does not know how to coach a team with lesser talent to win against teams with better talent.  He is not a good coach.  He needs to go, but I doubt he will be gone at season's end.

:banghead:

One of the main reasons we ended up with Lebo is because we couldn`t get any other name coach. It may or may not have helped with another coach; we will never know. You are right in that he hasn`t been a world beater but I don`t see that changing for AU by hiring another coach. I have no problem with a change if it is for the better but not just for change. Let`s just hope that whatever happens turns out to be the right move. We all want to win I`m sure.

WDE

Archived