It's Official: Press Release By Auburn on Lebo

AUSportTalk

Jeff Lebo has been dismissed as the Auburn men's basketball coach, Auburn Director of Athletics Jay Jacobs announced Friday.

"I want to thank Coach Lebo for all that he has done for Auburn University over the past six years," Jacobs said. "Coach Lebo has worked hard and has always represented Auburn with character, class and integrity. However, we feel like the time has come for Auburn basketball to move in a new direction. We deeply appreciate all that he and his staff have done for Auburn, and we wish each of them and their families nothing but the best."

In six seasons as head coach at Auburn, Lebo had an overall record of 96-93 and a Southeastern Conference record of 35-61. This season, Auburn was 15-17 and 6-10 in the SEC. The Tigers lost in the first round of the SEC Tournament Thursday to Florida, 78-69.

A Carlisle, Pa., native, Lebo was named head coach at Auburn on April 8, 2004.

A search for a replacement will begin immediately.

Guest Autiger88

THanks ST, glad to know we get AU news before everyone else does :thumbsup:

Not according to metafour and 101 ST always steals from Pay Sites :laugh: :laugh:

Guest War Eagle 29

well everybody got what they wanted

I find no joy in a good man losing his job, however, this had to happen. I wish CJL all the best in his future endeavors.

No man should be forced to toil in a job he is incapable of succeeding at. This was a mercy release. Let us hope the next coach will have better abilities at Auburn.

Yea Lebo was a class act and there is no joy in a good man losing his job.You hate to see it happen but being a good man and a succesful coach are two completely different things and at Auburn mediocrity is unacceptable.The joy should be because the program is headed in a new direction and hopefully the right direction.hate to see it happen but its for the best.

Was the self imposed ban on recruiting players with AAU ties in Alabama a Lebo decision or a university decision??  If anybody knows for sure please give us info.   

I wish him the best he seems like a good man. But I have not watched AU basketball for 5 years now and it would be great if I could stomach watching them again. I trust Jacobs to make the right choice now. Maybe Coach Chiz could do some recruiting for us?! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Archived