Jeffrey Lee's (Rivals) thoughts on Cam Newton

400DGRZ

I posted this as a reply to another thread earlier, but I thought everyone would want to hear this..

I went to an AU alumni event last night and the guest speaker was Jeffrey Lee of Rivals (he walked in with Jerraud Powers - pretty cool!)

The best thing I heard Jeff say was how much Cam was committed to AU and serious about succeeding.  Jeff said he talked to Cam's father a few weeks back and Cam told his dad that he "couldn't believe just how much AU was disrespected in the media here in Alabama."  He said "Dad, I'm gonna make sure I change that."

He also said that Cam's brother had a big birthday bash this past weekend down in Panama City Beach, and his brother called and invited Cam down to celebrate.  Cam said, "I love you bro, but there is no way I'm coming down.  I'm completely focused here and ready to start spring practice." 

Guys Cam Newton is serious about AU!  I don't think we know yet just how lucky we are to have this guy!  I'm ready for the season to start........WAR DAMN CAM!!!!! 

Been here 3 months and the Orange and Blue is already in the blood! War Eagle Cam!

With Newton and Burns as leaders of the team, I see great impact and influence on younger men. Seeing how these two men are far more than 100% committed to not only the team but Auburn. This speaks volumes about them and their peers. I see Great things to come in the future.

:wareagle:

Commentators after the huge Iron Bowl blowout coming in November, on Auburn heading to the SEC champ. game, "Where did this Auburn team come from? Undefeated going to the conference championship, ranked #1 in the country, what an incredible second season for Gene Chizik and his Auburn Tigers!"

Get Ready!

Cam said, "I love you bro, but there is no way I'm coming down.  I'm completely focused here and ready to start spring practice." 

Makes me smile that he love AU so much already, can't wait to see what all he can do.

Been here 3 months and the Orange and Blue is already in the blood! War Eagle Cam!

It doesn't take long...;)

IMO, he's saying the right things. When asked about his past troubles, he said he was a man and took full responsibility. I'm starting to drink the Cam kool aid.

I can understand Newton's frustration with the bammer biased media in this state. He is from Georgia, and probably grew up with Auburn getting more love from their media then they do here. Either way, he says he's going to shut them up!

This makes me so excited to see Cam compete for the starting job I hav nothing against any of the other QBs, but I am really gunning for Cam to win it, if he gives us the best chance to win games. He's all about Auburn, and he wants to put some championship trophies in the cases. War "Cam" Eagle! Haha.

I raised this in another post, but nobody addressed it so I want to see what your opinions are:

What was your take on Newton's explanation of why he truly left Florida, (basically he didn't want to sit behind Tebow and that something had to give between him and Brantley)?

So far, I am impressed with him as a person.  He is obviously taking responsibility for his past and has a chip on his shoulder for the future.  Has some good upside and we haven't even really seen him in action.  Could A-Day come sooner?

I was in PC last week and saw where Corey Lemonier was there and saw Mark Ingram drunked out of hes mind at some bar. Panama city usually means trouble. Im glad he is CN focused

I raised this in another post, but nobody addressed it so I want to see what your opinions are:

What was your take on Newton's explanation of why he truly left Florida, (basically he didn't want to sit behind Tebow and that something had to give between him and Brantley)?

I took it as he wanted to be "the guy" at their QB position and he wasn't sure he was going to get that. From what i've heard Brantly is a great pocket passer and Cam may have been worried that they would be splitting snaps or something of that nature. He doesn't want to be known as a wildcat QB, but as a true QB who just so happens can run. He thought he could get a better shot at acheiving that goal somewhere else. Thats my take anyway...

I took it as he wanted to be "the guy" at their QB position and he wasn't sure he was going to get that. From what i've heard Brantly is a great pocket passer and Cam may have been worried that they would be splitting snaps or something of that nature. He doesn't want to be known as a wildcat QB, but as a true QB who just so happens can run. He thought he could get a better shot at acheiving that goal somewhere else. Thats my take anyway...

I thought he left b/c of the trouble he got into?

I thought he left b/c of the trouble he got into?

nope all that stuff had cleared up, he left on his own.

In any case glad to see that Cam has O&B blood ....w/o the green :laugh:

I've kinda wondered about this...  I don't believe Meyer would have kicked the kid off the team just for buying a stolen laptop, that seems like a minor infraction compared to many of FLA's players transgressions.  Which leads you to believe Cam left on his own.  But,  then Cam says he wants to earn the QB job here at AU and doesn't want it given to him.  If he left FLA of his own free will and Urban didn't kick him off, why didn't he want to earn the QB job from Tebow or Brantley at FLA?

I like hearing that..Makes me feel like he is dedicated and taking full advantage of his 2nd chance.

I get the feeling that we could be in for a special year! I will be with them every step of the way!!  :bananadance:

Archived