Former recruit Montez Robinson..

400DGRZ

He was really close to signing with us last year.....GOOD THING he chose the Dawgs and not us!  Exactly what we don't need on our roster or in our headlines!!  UGA finally got smart and cut him loose!

http://www.ajc.com/sports/uga/bulldog-montez-robinson-suspended-225877.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5054981

Mark Richt has lost 100% control of his team. How many players does that now make that's been in trouble with the law and have been kicked off their team. I will be totally shocked if MR is able to hang on to his job after 2010.

that dude played football where i played at in west blocton alabama

Unless he played here in like jv or something he didn't, he graduated from a high school in Indiana.

yes he was a big time commit for xCTT before the divorce. I also recall him growing up an AU fan.  I would like to believe that had he come to Auburn he would had stronger mentors and leadership to that could have helped him make better decisions. However in the end a man is responsible for his own actions.

Per the AJC, this is his third arrest in a year:

'According to the arrest warrant, the victim in the latest incident was the same woman as in two earlier cases that resulted in Robinson’s probation.

Robinson was charged late last year with misdemeanor simple battery and second-degree criminal damage. The criminal-damage charge was for allegedly breaking the taillights on the woman’s car.

The latest arrest warrant alleges that Robinson “grabbed and pushed [the woman] off of his bed and then picked her up and slammed her on the ground” Friday.'

Richt is a good guy, but he has been at UGA for a decade and still hasn't figured out how to get his team under control.

Archived