ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

• 2 weeks later...

Was anybody else expecting more movement this off season than we got. I have been kind of underwhelmed.

It did have a bit of a strange feel as a Braves fan but honestly, I don't know what I would have done differently if I was in Frank Wren's position. Great team last year, just fell apart, but I wouldn't make any major changes to the roster. Also, this year I would expect much better years from Heyward and Uggla, and a return to form for Prado and McCann.

That's the Braves for ya. The last real big move we made was for Teixeira in 07. It's always no name trades for utility players or prospects. With all the supposed big league ready pitchers we have in the minors I thought surely we could get a true LF this year and let Prado fill in at SS until Chipper retires. But no, it appears we have opted to have 9 or so big league starters, and only 4 or 5 big league bats. I get not wanting to trade away the potential next big thing, but for every McCan there are 10 Jordan Schaffers. It's just frustrating when you see the Marlins try and go after all stars, and the Braves are hoping from help from the farm.

That's the Braves for ya. The last real big move we made was for Teixeira in 07. It's always no name trades for utility players or prospects. With all the supposed big league ready pitchers we have in the minors I thought surely we could get a true LF this year and let Prado fill in at SS until Chipper retires. But no, it appears we have opted to have 9 or so big league starters, and only 4 or 5 big league bats. I get not wanting to trade away the potential next big thing, but for every McCan there are 10 Jordan Schaffers. It's just frustrating when you see the Marlins try and go after all stars, and the Braves are hoping from help from the farm.

Dan Uggla was a pretty big move. He'll rebound big-time this year. And the Billy Wagner and Michael Bourn additions were nothing to scoff at

Technically we did trade to get Uggla, but only because he rejected the contract from the Marlins.And I wouldn't exactly say look for him to rebound. Yea he got off to a slow start, but he had par year by his standards. I just hope he cuts down on the errors. I think he led the majors.

Wagner was for only 1 year, and no one expects Bourn to be around after this season. Which is kind of what I'm saying. When we do get someone it's more of a lease rather than a purchase. And speaking of Bourn, why did we get him instead of Hunter Pence? I like Bourn, but he doesn't provide the same kind of bat.

Technically we did trade to get Uggla, but only because he rejected the contract from the Marlins.And I wouldn't exactly say look for him to rebound. Yea he got off to a slow start, but he had par year by his standards. I just hope he cuts down on the errors. I think he led the majors.

Wagner was for only 1 year, and no one expects Bourn to be around after this season. Which is kind of what I'm saying. When we do get someone it's more of a lease rather than a purchase. And speaking of Bourn, why did we get him instead of Hunter Pence? I like Bourn, but he doesn't provide the same kind of bat.

On Uggla, I expect him to add about 10 runs, 10 2Bs, and 10-15 RBI, to go along with a BA increase of 30-40 points.

I couldn't agree with you more on the Bourn vs Pence deal. I've always loved what Pence brings to a team, and while I like Bourn's ability to steal, I would much rather take the extra power from a corner outfield position that Pence would've given. And, without looking at the numbers I think Pence holds his own in terms of stolen bases.

We could see Tyler Pastornicky get his shot at the position. Honestly, I expect to see them make a move before the season begins to grab a SS.

Hanley Ramirez perhaps? I know you don't trade within your division, but the Marlins need pitching and the Braves need a SS.

I really wish they'd re-do the red uniforms while they're at it. I wouldn't mind the red so much if it looked better and wasn't so obnoxious.

We got our wish. The new "fauxback" uniform will be worn both Saturday and Sunday.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120205&content_id=26583256&vkey=news_atl&c_id=atl

Edit: NVM. They plan to wear the red softball jerseys on Friday nights now. Whatever happened to just grey and white? Now we have blue (which is decent), red (which looks like a little league team), white, cream and grey (all of which look great).

We could see Tyler Pastornicky get his shot at the position. Honestly, I expect to see them make a move before the season begins to grab a SS.

Hanley Ramirez perhaps? I know you don't trade within your division, but the Marlins need pitching and the Braves need a SS.

I'd rather keep that drama queen away from ATL. I'd be happy to see them trade for someone that's good in the field and knows how to handle the bat and can bunt people over, execute hit and runs, and that has good speed.

Pastornicky will begin the season as the starter. But with an unproved rookie at SS the Braves also secured veteran Jack Wilson, who could play a bigger role than expected depending on Pastornicky's performance. Either way, if the SS position is a struggle for the Braves come July I see a trade in the works--but very doubtful anything is done before the season.

I'd rather keep that drama queen away from ATL. I'd be happy to see them trade for someone that's good in the field and knows how to handle the bat and can bunt people over, execute hit and runs, and that has good speed.

Not to mention the fact that the Braves couldn't handle his contract.

Not to mention the fact that the Braves couldn't handle his contract.

He and Freddie have a little history together as well,mabey not the best choice,but we shall see.

Pastornicky will begin the season as the starter. But with an unproved rookie at SS the Braves also secured veteran Jack Wilson, who could play a bigger role than expected depending on Pastornicky's performance. Either way, if the SS position is a struggle for the Braves come July I see a trade in the works--but very doubtful anything is done before the season.

Not many better with the glove than Jack Wilson.