LSU v. AU Game 2

3 ERRORS in the ninth is unacceptable! That's coaching I don't care what you say. Obviously we aren't working on D enough in practice. It's sad when I pissed after we beat number 3 LSU.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!! Whew that got scary

Even the dropped 3rd strike on the last out was an adventure.  Caldwell couldn't pick it up then he short hops the throw to Morris.  Whew!!!  Big Win!!  WDE GUYS!!!!

Any time you can beat the No. 3 team in the country, it's a good win. But I don't know what it's going to take to the message through to these guys that you have to play defense to win games. Surely, this gets stressed to our players everyday in practice. The fielding is absolutely horrendous. Simple, routine plays are butchered. I just don't know how much confidence I have going forward when we've got guys that can't make little league plays. Here's to hoping we can somehow find a way to win the series tomorrow. Props to the offense (which is usually the case).

If Dayton can give us a strong outing would be huge. Thankfully Smith and Ray have eaten up some innings to save our bullpen. Should be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Anyway glad we took this one and made Sunday game a lot more interesting. A win tomorrow and we're 7-5 in SEC and back in the hunt

Yeah, great win over LSU. one tomorrow might, might, put us in the top 25. hope so.

I agree on the D. when we were "good" under Baird, we could do that, but never hit the ball much. Now we are hitting the ball but D needs a lot of work. not sure I blame the coaching. Players have got to concentrate and make the play. they are not doing that when they should. Whether the talent is there or not...I don't know. but we are hitting the ball and that is an improvement over the past. hopefully the bullpen will get better as the season goes too.

tomorrow is not on tv here, so somebody else will have to give updates in my place along with the other guys here.

WE

DO YOU D'HEADS REALIZE WE JUST BEAT THE #3 TEAM IN THE NATION AND ENDED AN EIGHT GAME LOSING STREAK!!!  C'MON, CHILDREN, WAKE UP!!!

DO YOU D'HEADS REALIZE WE JUST BEAT THE #3 TEAM IN THE NATION AND ENDED AN EIGHT GAME LOSING STREAK!!!  C'MON, CHILDREN, WAKE UP!!!

First of all this was needed. Second of all if you like careless mediocrity that's fine, but some of us don't. You my friend are the one that needs to wake up. Does it matter that we beat the number 3 team in ONE game? If we lose the series it's not that big of a deal. Beating the 3 team in baseball isn't the same as football either. You get 3 shots in baseball. If we keep making errors like we are right now we will be sitting at home come tourney time. I don't think I want to trade BEATING THE NUMBER 3 TEAM ONE TIME over going to HOOVER!

First of all this was needed. Second of all if you like careless mediocrity that's fine, but some of us don't. You my friend are the one that needs to wake up. Does it matter that we beat the number 3 team in ONE game? If we lose the series it's not that big of a deal. Beating the 3 team in baseball isn't the same as football either. You get 3 shots in baseball. If we keep making errors like we are right now we will be sitting at home come tourney time. I don't think I want to trade BEATING THE NUMBER 3 TEAM ONE TIME over going to HOOVER!

i agree but chillax.. lets be mellow over here haha  ;)

Realize that and it was a good win, until the ninth inning.

Then we had two infield errors on routine grounders. NOT good! Also, on the last play of the game (a strikeout with the catcher not holding on to the ball), the catcher made a terrible throw, one-hopping it to first base. Lucky for us, the 1st baseman fielded it and made the putout. The only reason for a college catcher not making a good throw to 1st is carelessness.

That throw plus the two errors on previous plays very well could have cost us the game. The team is much improved over previous years, but there's still a long way to go in the pitching and defense departments.

Yes, I realize that and also said it was a good win anytime you beat the #3 team in the nation. I'm just looking at the bigger picture. We were very fortunate today that our offense was on fire and gave us such a big lead or else we lose that game. We cannot win games in the future fielding like that, especially against good teams. Like I've said before, we're not going to have a seven or eight run lead every game like we did today. Some games are going to be close one or two run games, and we have to be able to concentrate and execute routine grounders and pop ups. It's elementary. It's fundamentals. And it's inexcusable. Yes, we won today and I'm thrilled, but the good teams that consistently win don't boot balls that should be handled easily. It would be one thing if we didn't have any talent. I could live with that and just say we're not any good. But we lead the SEC in hitting, constantly have some of the best recruiting classes in the country, and yet we haven't had anything to show for it for the past four or five seasons. Bad pitching and terrible defense have been the main culprits behind most of the losses over the years. It's time for our defensive play to start matching the talent level, because we have some dang good baseball players here at Auburn. It just kills me to watch them constantly beat themselves. No, it didn't hurt them today, but in close games that you have to win, those errors cost us the ballgame. War Eagle!

Archived