Auburn University Building Floods

MDM4AU

Auburn University Building Floods

There is major flooding on the Auburn University campus. This has resulted in computer outages affecting the AU home page, e-mail system and OASIS, which is a program students use to check their grades. The school hopes to have these systems back online tomorrow by noon.

WSFA 12 News has confirmed the flooding happened in Parker Hall, which is not a dorm. The University has had to remove it's computer server from that building because of the heavy rain.

Watch WSFA 12 News at 10 for the very latest on this developing story and check www.wsfa.com for continuous updates

http://www.wsfa.com/global/story.asp?s=215...tType=Printable

Flooding in Parker Hall comes as no surprise...that building needed to go 15 years ago.

Parker Hall is the worst building on campus!!!

TEAR IT DOWN!!!!

The shop buildings kept the water out like a sieve too. My lab is on the bottom floor and we even had a leak.

I would get on the Replace Parker Hall Money Raising Tour today.

Parker is the dreariest building on campus. Used to Brown Hall, But it is Parker by far.

Wasnt there a plan at one time to replace Parker........I know when the new chemistry building was built alot of math classes moved to the chemistry building i took business cal 1&2 in the chemistry building.....

executive plan

Nevermind unless i skipped over it no plans for parker other than finishing what they are doing to it at the moment in the next 10 years.....

actually i would vote haley as the worst building on campus. it's not as confusing as folks claim it is, but it's one of the biggest eye sores in the entire southeast. surrounded by nice brick architecture, haley is an ugly phallic symbol. i hate that building.

Heh...I remember a Plainsman columnist referring to HC as "Auburn's monument to penis envy." It ain't the prettiest thing in the world, either, but for the combination of looks and functionality, Haley has Parker beat by several lengths.

Being a math major, I spent many minutes (if I went to class) in Parker. If they tear it down, can we vote on the professors to take with it?

can we vote on the professors to take with it?

If I could remember how to spell half their names, sure.

My worst experience at Parker Hall. First day of Winter Quarter, Freshman year. Walk into my Calc class there, and the first words out of the professor's mouth "Please pardon my broken English." It was a Loooooooooooooooooong quarter.

Anyone remember Dr. Golightly?

He was a total trip!

Started every sentence with..."School Students..."

Being a math major, I spent many minutes (if I went to class) in Parker. If they tear it down, can we vote on the professors to take with it?

You won't be able to take Slaminka out that way (not that you'd want too, he's great) since he'd likely be at a bar instead.

Guest AuNuma1

You won't be able to take Slaminka out that way (not that you'd want too, he's great) since he'd likely be at a bar instead.

I heard about Slaminka, never had him though. I had Cal IV AND Diff EQ with a guy named Piotr Minc or something like that. He was from Norway and it wasn't fun to say the least. Dude was like 60 and still rode a bike to class every day. Sampson was another awful quarter.

I heard about Slaminka, never had him though. I had Cal IV AND Diff EQ with a guy named Piotr Minc or something like that. He was from Norway and it wasn't fun to say the least. Dude was like 60 and still rode a bike to class every day. Sampson was another awful quarter.

Hah! I had Minc for Diff Eq this past Spring! lol It was a painful semester...

I had Slam for Cal II. He'sa great prof, and pretty easy too.

Didn't have Dr. Slaminka for anything...I had Dr. Hankerson for DE and was grateful just to get credit...that class was winter quarter, every day, 8 AM...if I made it half the time I was doing well.

I think Dr. Johnson (MHC 512...Information Theory) was my favorite...dude personified old hippie. If you made an 85 or up, that was an A, 70-84 was a B, 55-69 was a C, 40-54 was a D. He told us that was his "British grading scale" and if he needed to do so, he had a "French grading scale", which was 80-100 = A, 60-79 = B, 40-59 = C and 20-39 = D. He also told us that if you made a better grade on the final than any of the regular exams, that was your grade for the quarter. If anyone made less than a B, they were not drawing air.

Archived