5/11 Game @ South Alabama

Made some progress in the SEC and have a pathetic loss to South Alabama like this ?  We have plenty of work ahead. Our pitching, D and basic fundamentals have been inconsistent all season. That is coaching. and there is no excuse for this. So. AL has a good program, but we are Auburn and play in the SEC.  Very poor.

Sweet. Auburn loses 10-9 on a walk-off 3-run bomb after having a 9-6 lead going into the bottom of the 11th. Our pitching is an absolute joke. I know we didn't really throw anybody tonight, but some of the relievers (Ray, Blatt) that were used late in tonight's game also have seen some innings in league play. It's just way too easy for other teams to hit our pitching right now. This is exactly why although it's been a great year in large part because of our offense, I don't see us making much noise in the SEC tourney or regionals. Our offense has been phenominal, but you can't rely on those guys to score 11 or 12 runs every time out. This pitching has got to turn around. Just awful.

I haven't looked at the stats.  Who played and who pitched?  I would hope there was not alot of priority put on this game since it means little in the big picture.  And isn't South pretty decent anyway?  

I haven't looked at the stats.  Who played and who pitched?  I would hope there was not alot of priority put on this game since it means little in the big picture.  And isn't South pretty decent anyway?  

Yes, they're decent, but that's not the point. We jump out to a 4-0 lead and have a 3-run lead going into the last half inning, and it's like we don't even have a lead. Before you know it, the other team has scored 3 or 4 runs just like that. Regardless of who pitched and who played, there's no reason for AU to lose a game like this. The pitching is horrendous. Now I know what Mississippi State fans feel like. If our offense wasn't one of the best in the country, we'd be right down there with them. No lead is safe for AU, and they have to find a way to turn it around...quick. (Props to the offense again, though, as always...it continues to amaze me).

But to answer your question...all the regulars played minus Hargett. And I'd be here all night naming all the pitchers we used. Dexter Price started.

We have to score 10+ runs to win a game. As the competition in the post season gets better, scoring like that will be harder to do.

Also, if your pitching and defense are such that you must score 10 or more to win, you can lose any game, no matter if it's Troy, Samford or UNA. A team can't always score that many runs.

yall are looking too much into this one.. you do realize that we are #18 in the country, are sitting on a 4 seed in the SEC Tournament and are coming off of a sweep of Mississippi State. We will be fine.

Were we not using young pitchers to give them experience?  I'm not too upset we lost, we have Tennessee this weekend.  Thats all I care about, i'm going to the games

yall are looking too much into this one.. you do realize that we are #18 in the country, are sitting on a 4 seed in the SEC Tournament and are coming off of a sweep of Mississippi State. We will be fine.

Um...we gave up 28 runs to Mississippi State in three games. Our pitching is bad and has been all year. If you think tonight was an aberration, you're kidding yourself. We won't go anywhere in postseason play pitching like this.

Archived