5/11 Game @ South Alabama

yall are looking too much into this one.. you do realize that we are #18 in the country, are sitting on a 4 seed in the SEC Tournament and are coming off of a sweep of Mississippi State. We will be fine.

Um...we gave up 28 runs to Mississippi State in three games. Our pitching is bad and has been all year. If you think tonight was an aberration, you're kidding yourself. We won't go anywhere in postseason play pitching like this.

Chill dude. As long as you're winning ball games who cares.

yall are looking too much into this one.. you do realize that we are #18 in the country, are sitting on a 4 seed in the SEC Tournament and are coming off of a sweep of Mississippi State. We will be fine.

Um...we gave up 28 runs to Mississippi State in three games. Our pitching is bad and has been all year. If you think tonight was an aberration, you're kidding yourself. We won't go anywhere in postseason play pitching like this.

Chill dude. As long as you're winning ball games who cares.

Well we lost tonight... I know what you're saying but we have some major pitching problems and our defense is weak. We have three consistent SEC pitchers besides that we haven't seen many guys be consistent on the mound

Last night was disappointing to say the least but we have to move on.  They didn't want to use Hubbard under any circumstances.  Had he pitched the end of that game the we would have won.  No question in my mind.  Still stings, though.

In all honesty both teams played one heck of a game. Ive watched just about every south game and I'll tell you they have a knack pulling upsets towards the end of games. They came back from like a 8 run deficit in the 8th to beat southern miss.South is not a pushover. There's a reason that their were 1 in the sun belt until last weekend and now their one game behind the #1 seed. In baseball some of the sun belt really isn't that far behind the sec. This was my first time to see the auburn baseball team in detail and they looked very good and if you ask me, minus late game pitching, should have one, but obviously that doesnt always happen

I think it is important to realize just how far this team has progressed in two short years. To be on the verge of the SEC tournament with a team capable of beating any other team on a given day is impressive if you look back to the past several years. Yes the pitching must improve, but it will and Auburn will be a consistent tournament team for years to come. 

Losing to South Alabama is like losing to Sam Houston State in basketball. It should NEVER happen. South Ala isn't the team they use to be.

THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! Quick, let's make sure we bash the team enough that we can say "told you so" if they go out of the postseason quickly!

You're right, the lack of pitching is alarming. But two weekends ago, we went to Fayetteville and took two of three from top ten Arkansas. Last weekend, we swept Mississippi State for the first time in what, more than a decade? We haven't even BEEN to the SEC Tourney since 03, yet we're virtually guaranteed a trip now. Chill already.

Losing to South Alabama is like losing to Sam Houston State in basketball. It should NEVER happen. South Ala isn't the team they use to be.

Not really buddy. I go to USA and I went to just about every home game they had. They've got a pretty damn good team that's very good at pulling off upsets. They are not a pushover and their not second in the sun belt for nothing. They can play

Not really buddy. I go to USA and I went to just about every home game they had. They've got a pretty damn good team that's very good at pulling off upsets. They are not a pushover and their not second in the sun belt for nothing. They can play

X2 South has bee strong year in and year out for years. They are one of the best teams that can pull an upset despite their record.

Guys, tape your ankles, put extra cork in the bats, stock up on tar and resin, sunflower seeds, get the Skoal and Copenhagen ready,  the UT Vols are coming to town.  One win guarantees a winning SEC season, two wins guarantees a trip to Hoover, three wins probably gets us a regional.  Anybody seen our pitching rotation?  Big weekend,  WDE!!!

Guys, tape your ankles, put extra cork in the bats, stock up on tar and resin, sunflower seeds, get the Skoal and Copenhagen ready,  the UT Vols are coming to town.  One win guarantees a winning SEC season, two wins guarantees a trip to Hoover, three wins probably gets us a regional.  Anybody seen our pitching rotation?  Big weekend,  WDE!!!

Let's go boys!!!!

Archived