Auburn Region

Clemson #2/ S Miss #3 seed....

We should get out of the region but only if our hitting comes around and the pitching is somewhat consistant

Baseball is a strange game, that's why they pay more attention to who wins a series rather than who wins individual games. Anybody can pop anybody for one game.

That having been said, the 16 teams hosting the regionals are expected to win them. They are seeded that way. I'd expect us to win, even if Mummey and Fletcher are still out, though it will be better with those two back in the lineup.

The super-regionals are a different matter. If we do as expected and get there we'll have to bring the whole package to win on and get to to Omaha.

I don't much about the SEC because I'm glad we drew Clemson rather than VT or FSU. Still going to be tough but its the post season and there are no gimmes.

There are some much easier regionals. South Carolina got the easiest path to Omaha, by a long shot. Considering how poorly they are playing, it may not make a difference.

Clemson is a tough, veteran team that is used to being successful. If we can get healthy, I like our chances. What makes the Auburn lineup good is that there is so much back to back to back power. The pitcher cannot let up. I'm glad the coach pulled the two injured guys. He was looking ahead to this week. Mummy is the one I'm worried about. That leg can act up again. And he has to use his speed. Hopefully, the trainers will get him up and running.

Archived