Ugh! We gotta pull for bammer

Assuming we can beat Clemson, we'll have to pull for UAT. If both AU and Bammer win, we host the super-regional in the friendly confines of Plainsman Park. If Ga. Tech beats Bammer, we'll have to go play in Atlanta.

At least that's what some guy said that's supposed to know stuff. He says the highest seeded team gets to host the Super.

Of course, if we don't win tomorrow it won't matter to us who wins over there. With Tech playing UAT all I'd want is some way for both of 'em to lose.

No way I pull for Bama. I live in Atlanta and just got home from the game tonight. Those TURDS just have to lose. They are so obnoxious and lack any class or sportsmanship, whatsoever..  We have a lot of Auburn folks here in Atlanta and will have plenty of support here, if we both win tomorrow..

Upon further thought, maybe I should re-phrase to this:

It will be better for the Auburn baseball team if UAT beats Ga. Tech tomorrow.

I like that better.

Home field is so huge for us right now in the postseason...i think we would MUCH rather want to take on anybody at home in a best of three series than go on the road and do it...yes, even if it has to be against Alabama who seems to have our number.

Remember how bad we played in the SEC tournament? We weren't at home.  I know the dimensions of the field had a lot to do with it, but our advantage at home is tremendous.

BUT, we got a big game to win tomorrow night first! WDE!

I won't be pulling for Bama, regardless of whether we host or not. It's 329 in left and 334 in right. However, its 400 to center and 390 in the left field gap, but only 350ish to right center. Bodes well for our lefties. Any ball we've hit this weekend with the exception of Mummey's bomb today would easily be out of Russ Chandler Stadium.

Home field is huge for us, but we're capable of winning 2 out of 3 on road. Arkansas, Ole Miss, etc. Our offense can win wherever we play...except cavernous Regions Park, which is bigger than most MLB fields.

First though, we have to win tomorrow. So IMHO, War Eagle, Beat Clemson. And Give 'em hell Tech, Beat Bama.  :party:

:wedance:   :zapbama: 

I won't be pulling for Bama, regardless of whether we host or not. It's 329 in left and 334 in right. However, its 400 to center and 390 in the left field gap, but only 350ish to right center. Bodes well for our lefties. Any ball we've hit this weekend with the exception of Mummey's bomb today would easily be out of Russ Chandler Stadium.

Home field is huge for us, but we're capable of winning 2 out of 3 on road. Arkansas, Ole Miss, etc. Our offense can win wherever we play...except cavernous Regions Park, which is bigger than most MLB fields.

First though, we have to win tomorrow. So IMHO, War Eagle, Beat Clemson. And Give 'em hell Tech, Beat Bama. 

Interesting point about park dimensions, but there is also the fact that Tech is a better team than UAT. It's all to our advantage to host here instead of playing a better opponent on the road.

However, I still can't in my heart, pull for bammer. I don't like The Bugs either. Can't both lose?

Assuming we can beat Clemson, we'll have to pull for UAT. If both AU and Bammer win, we host the super-regional in the friendly confines of Plainsman Park. If Ga. Tech beats Bammer, we'll have to go play in Atlanta.

At least that's what some guy said that's supposed to know stuff. He says the highest seeded team gets to host the Super.

Of course, if we don't win tomorrow it won't matter to us who wins over there. With Tech playing UAT all I'd want is some way for both of 'em to lose.

Pick doesn`t automatically go to higher seed unless it is a national seed as Tech is. Games don`t even have to be played at either teams home field if neither one of them are the top regional seed. NCAA has discretion and looks at whether teams made bids for regional and super regional sites or not as well as other factors. We did bid for regional and surely for supers also. Bama didn`t submit bids if I remember correctly. That should favor us but first thing is winning tonight. If not, it doesn`t really matter.

In the words of Marv from Home Alone .... "NEVER!!!!!"      :zapbama:

I could never bring myself to cheer for the turds

I feel the same way.

:wedance:

I hate to be selfish, but I would rather drive to Atlanta than have Alabama win. The extra time and gas is well worth knowing they lost again.

I hate to be selfish, but I would rather drive to Atlanta than have Alabama win. The extra time and gas is well worth knowing they lost again.

Wouldn't you like to have them here and kick that turd booty all over Plainsman Park?

Exactly. I hate the turds as much as anybody on here, but if it'll help auburn and just gonna have to stomach it hope they win. I dont plan on watching the game or wearing any dark pink (shudders) but still, i hope they win solely so that we can send their a$$es whining back to turdville

Wouldn't you like to have them here and kick that turd booty all over Plainsman Park?

Yep!!  But I won't be pulling for them to win.  If they do win, good for us.      

Let's worry about our game and let all the other games take care of themselves. That's what's going to happen anyway. :dunno:

And we have a winner.  DING-DING-DING-DING

Let's worry about our game and let all the other games take care of themselves. That's what's going to happen anyway. :dunno:

AMEN and WDE

I want Bama to win. They may have beaten us in that grand canyon in Hoover, but I like our chances in a 2 out of 3 in Auburn and would love nothing more then to be the team that puts them out and gets a spot in the CWS...

Let’s leave the turds where they lay IN THE SEWER and get behind this AUBURN team. WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wareagle:

Archived