Serderius Bryant,

cdsasser

Anyone know where we stand on this guy. Some sites have us as one of his favorites

154 tackles, four sacks, two forced fumbles and one pass breakup as a junior

Hometown  Sanford, FL 

High School Seminole High School 

Position rank OLB # 14

Height 5'9"

Weight 213 lbs.

Vertical Jump 31.5"

Broad Jump 8'4''

40-yd dash 4.56

20-yd shuttle 4.38

that is what it says but I'm sure you remember the Auburn linebackers of old. He has great speed and 154 takcles enough said the funny thing is his sophmore year he had 121 tackles and 10 sacks

Guest WarTiger

A 5'9" linebacker?

What is wrong with that? Rennie Curran was 5'9 and All SEC. It is about the player, not the height.

A 5'9" linebacker?

What is wrong with that? Rennie Curran was 5'9 and All SEC. It is about the player, not the height.

height helps

A 5'9" linebacker?

height helps

Height isn't as important as speed and wingspan at LB. You can get away with being 5'10" if you have the same wingspan of a guy that is 6'2".

Guest WarTiger

A 5'9" linebacker?

height helps

For what? Some of the best LBers to ever play the game were under 5'11. Mike Singletary comes to mind, along with Zac Thomas (not the best ever but a good lber).

Anyone know where we stand on this guy. Some sites have us as one of his favorites

I don't think he has much interest in us at this time, unfortunately. We may not be recruiting him very hard, and I'm not sure why. His "top 3" just seems odd to me! On another ODD note, he says that "classroom size" was the only thing that he was really concerned with on his visits! That's a new one on me! e897dc0d.gif

http://hsflorida.scout.com/2/979300.html

Per THIS ^^^ from Scout (06/22/10): ""I just got back in Sunday from a seven day recruiting trip. We went to 14 different schools," added Serderius Bryant. "We went to Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Kentucky, Vandy, MTSU, Memphis, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Clemson, South Carolina, and Georgia Tech."

"I think a couple of the schools I really liked were Ole Miss, MTSU, and Wake Forest. They were the top three schools I liked out of all of the schools I saw, and they are also my top three schools in general."

Guest WarTiger

I don't think he has much interest in us at this time, unfortunately. We may not be recruiting him very hard, and I'm not sure why. His "top 3" just seems odd to me! On another ODD note, he says that "classroom size" was the only thing that he was really concerned with on his visits! That's a new one on me! e897dc0d.gif

Per THIS ^^^ from Scout (06/22/10): ""I just got back in Sunday from a seven day recruiting trip. We went to 14 different schools," added Serderius Bryant. "We went to Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Kentucky, Vandy, MTSU, Memphis, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Clemson, South Carolina, and Georgia Tech."

"I think a couple of the schools I really liked were Ole Miss, MTSU, and Wake Forest. They were the top three schools I liked out of all of the schools I saw, and they are also my top three schools in general."

MTSU? What the heck? We might lose a recruit to Middle Tennessee State. What are we Arkansas? LOL.

Anyways IF those are his 3 favorites, I say he goes to Wake Forest. Which is where I will be doing my Masters work and hopefully doctoral.

...Wake Forest. Which is where I will be doing my Masters work and hopefully doctoral.

Congrats! That is a BEAUTIFUL campus! One of my best friends played football there, and I had a chance to tour Tobacco Road last year! WF was 2nd to Duke out of the 4 as far as my favorite campuses! I also like it b/c their President's name is Nathan Hatch!  :thumbsup: I didn't realize until I visited that it wasnt' in Wake Forest, NC, rather it's in Winston-Salem! I also like the fact that they "roll the quad" like we do Toomer's!  :)

MTSU? What the heck? We might lose a recruit to Middle Tennessee State. What are we Arkansas? LOL.

Anyways IF those are his 3 favorites, I say he goes to Wake Forest. Which is where I will be doing my Masters work and hopefully doctoral.

I'm MTSU Alum... :laugh: Our football team was a joke, though they've gotten better. We beat Vanderbilt one year and I almost did a back flip. Troy is our rival school.

• 2 weeks later...

A 5'9" linebacker?

height helps

Not every time. I good football player is a good football player. Size doesnt mean everything.

A 5'9" linebacker?

Size means nothing my friend.

sure it does cam newton, shaun kitchens, jeremy richardson, jonathan rose.

A 5'9" linebacker?

Size means nothing my friend.

sure it does cam newton, shaun kitchens, jeremy richardson, jonathan rose.

Sure, for their positions. A 5'9 linebacker that can make tackles is fine with me.

either way... size matters in some positions... but theres always an exception to the rule.

ever heard of Elvis Dumervil? 5'11" and he's probably one of the best defensive players in NFL

agreed buddy! but size is the only thing that matters to some people.

Archived