** OFFICIAL Lebron James WILL Sign With Miami Heat**

AuburnEngineer

I agree that they didn't say he would but  I was watching ESPN and one of their main NBA guys said that every single one of his sources said he will go to the Heat.  This ESPN guy would not say this on National television unless he really trusted his sources.  But your right nothing is yet set in stone

I agree that they didn't say he would but  I was watching ESPN and one of their main NBA guys said that every single one of his sources said he will go to the Heat.  This ESPN guy would not say this on National television unless he really trusted his sources.  But your right nothing is yet set in stone

Just about everybody except Cleveland-ers, who are in denial, know he's signing with Miami

I'll be the first to admit, I have absoutely no clue what Lebron is going to do. If I had to guess I'd say your probably right about the Heat. However you must have missed Joe Schad on ESPN the morning the Big 12-2 decided to stay together. I don't know if I've ever seen someone as clueless. I mean he breaks the story that the conference is splitting and less than an hour later the report was the Big 12-2 is staying together. Moral of the story, I wouldn't bank on ESPN.

I'll be the first to admit, I have absoutely no clue what Lebron is going to do. If I had to guess I'd say your probably right about the Heat. However you must have missed Joe Schad on ESPN the morning the Big 12-2 decided to stay together. I don't know if I've ever seen someone as clueless. I mean he breaks the story that the conference is splitting and less than an hour later the report was the Big 12-2 is staying together. Moral of the story, I wouldn't bank on ESPN.

Your right SandMtn!!!  The only people I actually trust when it comes to athletes signing is the Mods on this site!

Its gonna be a little weird seeing Lebron in a Heat jersey next year. But the combination of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh is going to be brutal for the rest of the league. Miss Cleo predicts lots of rings real soon.

Taxes! Same reason I changed my residence to FL.

In yo face tax man!

“If LeBron James goes to the Miami Heat instead of the [New York] Knicks, blame our dysfunctional lawmakers in Albany, who have saddled top-earning New Yorkers with the highest state and city income taxes in the nation, soon to be 12.85 percent on top of the IRS bite,” the Post said.

The tax savings for James in Miami over New York City would be staggering, according to the Post’s analysis.

“On a five-year contract worth $96 million -- what he'd get from the Knicks or the Heat -- LeBron would pay $12.34 million in New York taxes.” Florida has no state income tax.

New Jersey and Ohio, the other reported frontrunners to attract James, also have state income taxes, but they are not as his as in New York. Based on a $96 million contract, James would pay $5.69 million in state taxes if he re-signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers. If he signed with the New Jersey Nets, James would pay $10.32 million in state taxes."

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2010/20100708120415.aspx

Taxes! Same reason I changed my residence to FL.

In yo face tax man!

“If LeBron James goes to the Miami Heat instead of the [New York] Knicks, blame our dysfunctional lawmakers in Albany, who have saddled top-earning New Yorkers with the highest state and city income taxes in the nation, soon to be 12.85 percent on top of the IRS bite,” the Post said.

The tax savings for James in Miami over New York City would be staggering, according to the Post’s analysis.

“On a five-year contract worth $96 million -- what he'd get from the Knicks or the Heat -- LeBron would pay $12.34 million in New York taxes.” Florida has no state income tax.

New Jersey and Ohio, the other reported frontrunners to attract James, also have state income taxes, but they are not as his as in New York. Based on a $96 million contract, James would pay $5.69 million in state taxes if he re-signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers. If he signed with the New Jersey Nets, James would pay $10.32 million in state taxes."

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2010/20100708120415.aspx

LeBron not going to NY had nothing to do with his potential tax bill.  He could have made up that $12 million in his sleep if he would have gone to New York.

I can imagine LBJ in a heat, nets, bulls or knicks jersey but for some reason i can't imagine him in a heat jersey.

I think he did what was best for his career as opposed to going to NYC and earning a lot more money.

Did yall see during the show when they asked the Detroit Tigers manager Jim Leyland where he thought Lebron was going? His response: I just want to know where Shaq is going. haha

Looks like Wade is getting his "Scottie Pippen". The Heat are about to go on an epic championship run.

I think Pippen just found his Jordan.  Lebron will still be the primary scorer down there.

They HAVE to get a big man.  Bosh will be dangerous in the 4 hole.  Going to be table scraps for a bunch of other folks.

Did yall see during the show when they asked the Detroit Tigers manager Jim Leyland where he thought Lebron was going? His response: I just want to know where Shaq is going. haha

Yeah haha that was pretty funny. Then everyone started laughing and he said no I'm serious

Looks like Wade is getting his "Scottie Pippen". The Heat are about to go on an epic championship run.

I think Pippen just found his Jordan.  Lebron will still be the primary scorer down there.

They HAVE to get a big man.  Bosh will be dangerous in the 4 hole.  Going to be table scraps for a bunch of other folks.

I think Wade will be the primary scorer, with LeBron playing a Magic Johnson type role

Its gonna be a little weird seeing Lebron in a Heat jersey next year. But the combination of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh is going to be brutal for the rest of the league. Miss Cleo predicts lots of rings real soon.

They better find a bench first...

Not if my Lakers have a say in it  :tease:

That's why I dont think the Heat will win this year. Lakers will 3 peat, and once the Heat get more quality role players around the Big 3, the Heat will claim a few titles

That's why I dont think the Heat will win this year. Lakers will 3 peat, and once the Heat get more quality role players around the Big 3, the Heat will claim a few titles

They certainly have the chance to do so. Lebron finally has a supporting cast.... it may not be complete just yet... but its the best hes had yet.

They certainly have the chance to do so. Lebron finally has a supporting cast.... it may not be complete just yet... but its the best hes had yet.

And the last time D-Wade had a supporting cast, they won a title. Im excited to watch this team play

Archived