Autograph

I have an autograph photo of Pat Sullivan and Terry Beasley sitting together after a game at JH (Long time ago).  Also have an autographed baseball - Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Tony Perez, Joe Morgan - the Big Red Machine in 1970!!! 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None. a grown man should never ask for an autograph.

An autograph is seen as a collectible and valuable item. I don't see whats wrong with a guy improving his collection of whatever he has. I don't care if its like hot wheels. My grandfather collected hot wheels until he was 70. Over 5,000 diecast cars in his collection. If its something you care about and are devoted to, there's nothing wrong with having a collection of anything. Even if that includes asking someone for an autograph. :dunno:

You could make a pretty penny if you threw away that insecurity and asked people for autographs (Enough money to pay for a couple of Auburn football tickets  :thumbsup: )

This^^^^

My autographed stuff means a lot to me, because it represents things in my life that I really enjoy. What's wrong with that?

My Braves baseball is special to me because I got it the year I started following baseball

My hat with Tubb's sig is special to me because he was Auburn's coach when I was growing up

The McGwire ball is not special to me on its own but because my grandparents bought it for me and spent a lot of money on it. It was on of his home run balls from when he broke the record.

I don't even wanna start on the history of where all of my autographs came from but I will  :thumbsup:

2004 Auburn Football signed by team: Cousin was Grad. Asst. under Eddie Gran and one day after practice he got the whole team to sign it and presented it to me as a Christmas Present.

John Smoltz- He was signing autographs outside of Turner Field and right as he was about to stop signing I ran up and asked for one and shazam!

Rusty Wallace- went to a Nascar Race in Nashville and Rusty Wallace came and greeted the group I was with.

Derek Jeter- started collecting Topps baseball cards. Logged enough into my account that randomly a signed Derek Jeter card showed up at my door for free. << This one was so cool cause it was really random.

Rocco Baldelli- he came through on a rehab stint in Huntsville and played against the Stars. I caught one of his foul balls and decided it was autograph worthy.

Bo Jackson- another surprise that came during Christmas. Dont know how my parents got it but I LOVE that signed picture.

Kasey Kahne and Sterling Marlin- Went to a Dodge presentation of the new unveilings of Kahne's and Marlin's cars and ended up leaving with their autographs.

I've got more but these are the ones I love cause the story behind them! I love these memories and they are something that I'll definitely cherish!

Thanks for sharing Westy. This is why I love autogrphs. Hopefully very soon I will add A Chipper signed baseball to my collection. I really hope I get to, he's my favorite athlete of all time

On a side not if anyone is looking for any autographed auburn stuff try the Big Blue Bookstore on college. They've got a case full of it. The only thing I remember that stands out to me is a Pat Dye signed football and a Bo Jackson one too

2004 team football signed just after LSU game.

I was standing right there when Ali donated a pair of his boxing gloves to the Smithsonian and was so awed that I forgot to ask for an autograph....damn! :'(

Go ahead Weegs, tell us about your signed picture of Manilow and what the personal message says!     :laugh:

(Not you weegleweegle)

You suck 4ever!  :laugh:

I have a dollar bill that is signed by Bobby and Donnie Allison,Red Farmer and Matt Kenseth.

But this one is cooler......

Back when Hank Aaron was about to break Ruth's HR record,it was widely reported that he was getting some flack from white-supremest whackos.My dad was a huge fan of Hanks,because he was from Alabama and he was a great ballplayer.He wrote him a letter and told him that there were a lot of people pulling for him,and that he was sorry about the nut-jobs.Hank wrote him a nice letter back,thanking him for his support,it was a real classy thing to do.The letter itself is typed out,but he signed it at the bottom.

None. a grown man should never ask for an autograph.

An autograph is seen as a collectible and valuable item. I don't see whats wrong with a guy improving his collection of whatever he has. I don't care if its like hot wheels. My grandfather collected hot wheels until he was 70. Over 5,000 diecast cars in his collection. If its something you care about and are devoted to, there's nothing wrong with having a collection of anything. Even if that includes asking someone for an autograph. :dunno:

You could make a pretty penny if you threw away that insecurity and asked people for autographs (Enough money to pay for a couple of Auburn football tickets  :thumbsup: )

There's nothing wrong with Hot Wheels!  I have a few...hundred....maybe thousand. I would love to see your grandad's collection.

Archived