Auburn ranked #22 by Associated Press

Jonesy

Not very likely with the way schedules are set up for opening games, but I wonder how many will lose in the first two or three weeks? Not AU, of course. :cool:

:wareagle::believe:

I find it hard to believe people think Boise St could beat Florida and Texas.....I wish we were playing them instead of VaTech....

WDE!

I find it hard to believe people think Boise St could beat Florida and Texas.....I wish we were playing them instead of VaTech....

WDE!

Most found it hard to believe Boise could beat Oklahoma a few years back as well....arrogance will get you beat at times in my opinion and I am so ready to see  :zapbama: ......the perfect example of this :we:

Oklahoma has been whipped numerous times in big games by lesser opponents.  But, uga beat boise st down as well as a hawaii team a few years back.  Play teams in the sec and win or shut up beating the big 10, pac 10, acc, or big east is not the same as beating top level sec.  Time and again these undefeated teams from lesser coferences get destroyed by sec teams ex florida destroying cincinnati last year.

You won't believe how much the Bammers are getting annoyed with all this great publicity we are getting.

They seem to think we are the new 2001-08 Bama.

Oklahoma has been whipped numerous times in big games by lesser opponents.  But, uga beat boise st down as well as a hawaii team a few years back.  Play teams in the sec and win or shut up beating the big 10, pac 10, acc, or big east is not the same as beating top level sec.  Time and again these undefeated teams from lesser coferences get destroyed by sec teams ex florida destroying cincinnati last year.

I agree with you that the SEC is truly the elite echelon of college football, but no SEC team (or any other major conference team) is exempt from losing a big game. Do I think Boise St. is capable of playing in the SEC and legitimately competing for a title, no, but I do think they have the talent to beat some very good teams. And MOST of the time we, the SEC, destroy those lesser conference teams, but West Virginia beating Georgia a few years back comes to mind and my personal favorite......Utah vs. turdtown...look how that turned out....

I am personally happy that Boise St. is getting some love. They deserve the attention IMO. Do I think they could win the SEC? No. Do I think they could compete in the SEC? Yes. They always play solid D and they have a potent O. That kind of football will work in any conference.

I for one am not sold on BSU. Yes they have the undefeated seasons and beat OU a few years back. The bottom line with them IMO is that for the most part they've played to big ballgames per year. One at the beginning of the season when they've had all summer to get ready for that team. The other big game is at the end of the season(bowl game) when again they've had plenty of time to get ready for it. They've never had to play a schedule when you they've had to play three or four consecutive games against worthy opponents. The WAC doesn't offer that which is one reason they could run through the conference the way they have. And the big games they've played have usually been at home or on a neutral site. They haven't gone on the road and play tough competition the way other BCS teams have year after year. I'm still in prove it to me mode when it comes to BSU. They are a good program but far from elite in my eyes. Play some real big boy football then come and talk to me.

Give Boise St an SEC schedule and I say they go 8-4 at very best. The fact is that Boise is 2-4 in its last 6 bowl games (And those losses came to teams like Boston College and East Carolina). Additionally Boise just doesn't have the recruits to play an SEC schedule. Their roster is full of 3 and 2 star players, plus a load of unranked recruits.

Then once they lose a bunch of their premire starters they would struggle mightily to even break 6 wins on an SEC schedule. Boise is good, but not BCS conference good.

Give Boise St an SEC schedule and I say they go 8-4 at very best. The fact is that Boise is 2-4 in its last 6 bowl games (And those losses came to teams like Boston College and East Carolina).

A Matt Ryan-led BC team, and a Chris Johnson-led ECU. Not exactly awful teams... :-\

The only credible teams on Boise State's schedule is Virginia Tech and Oregon State with O state being questionable. That schedule is WEAK. Do they deserve credit for winning, certainly. Does that justify a top five ranking, with that weak schedule, absolutely not. Give Auburn a schedule like that and we wouldn't be ranked inside the top 100.

What would the odds makers say about Auburn vs Boise St on a neutral field.  I would guess they would be favored today - maybe 3-6 points, but once they get a chance to see the 2010 version of AU, I imagine we would be favored - about 7....

Normally I would be for BSU to go undefeated because it screws up the BCS, which I despise.  However, until we lose a game this year, I don't want them to screw up our chances of getting into the NC game.

WDE!

Archived