2015 Spring Practice - Day 5

RunInRed

Speaking of the H back role....does anyone have a good website or other link that really explains the role of that position in an offense like Malzahn's? Something with plays drawn up would be sweet.

If you want to get a glimpse, go to smart football and enter Malzahn

In the search. Really good site.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the problems boil down to no pass rush and qbs having all day.Just like pick up football someone eventually wide open. With Lawson,Cowart,Kennion,Williams,Thorton and a d coord that blitzes back seven will be much better by default. I think Tre Williams shows up at LB,he played solid has true freshman.Better coaching at LBer with Thompson and Muschamph as well.

Stand by for the slanderous comments of Metafour and ChimesAU. Duke is fat and they know it. They know better than everybody, including the coaches.

Pssst. They have been correct. Hopefully Duke can get in shape and make it through the 2015 season both on and off of the field.

wde

All the problems boil down to no pass rush and qbs having all day.Just like pick up football someone eventually wide open. With Lawson,Cowart,Kennion,Williams,Thorton and a d coord that blitzes back seven will be much better by default. I think Tre Williams shows up at LB,he played solid has true freshman.Better coaching at LBer with Thompson and Muschamph as well.

Hopefully better coaching at DL via Thompson helping out will be a good thing as well.

wde

Hopefully better coaching at DL via Thompson helping out will be a good thing as well.

wde

That was kind of weird to me. Did Thompson help the DL at bama or is Gardner just not getting the job done?

wde

That was kind of weird to me. Did Thompson help the DL at bama or is Gardner just not getting the job done?

Thompson was a DL coach originally but went to coach LBs. In my opinion (which many on this board disagree and that is fine), Rodney Garner is a poor DL coach. He was average at best at uga (based on the talent and production on the field) and his two years at AU have been less than average. Again, I will be flamed by the sunshine boys and girls by my opinion on RG, but that is OK. The simple fact that Thompson is "helping out" on coaching the DL proves my point. If Muschamp is our DC for more than 2 years and Garner keeps his job as DL coach beyond that will mean that RG earned his title as DL coach.

wde

wde

Muschamp and Thompson have coached together and I think Will probably suggested Thompson to be more involved with the dline as a way to intergrate their styles. Probably not a big deal.

wde

Muschamp and Thompson have coached together and I think Will probably suggested Thompson to be more involved with the dline as a way to intergrate their styles. Probably not a big deal.

Or perhaps... there was so much work to be done (....by one).

I'm glad to see coaches collaborating.

Bingo...after all it's a team effort. Coach Garner does not last as long as he has in the SEC if he was such a bad coach..that ain't sunshine pumping...its fact. He coached Pollack, Seymour, and a few other first rounders. UGA's championship failures do not rest soley at Garner's feet. Sorry Garner too AUH1 shoelaces and peed in his Cheerios ..regardless of his opinion I think Garner's pedigree validates him as a legit dline coach.

I thought it was odd Thompson was helping out, but then I figured it's more a cross-training sort of thing. Perhaps Thompson helps with d-line because occasionally we might move a backer to the line or he just wants the line to know how their movements effect the linebackers. Sort of a deal where every coach tells other units how their job effects the defense as a whole. Not sure though.

wde

No logic allowed here. Only slanderous conspiracy theories! Obviously WM figured out in just 2 practices that RG was a terrible coach and comepletely undercut his responsibilities.....because that is how you build a good team...cutting coaches out after 2 practices. Lmfao. Some people here are so set on their opinion that any rediculous notion they can come up with to use as validation obviously means they are right (even though it is not even slightly related). Get your heads out of your arses. It obviously stinks in there!

If I had to take a Wild Azz Guess, I'd guess that some here are reading way, way, too much into Thompson helping with the D-line. If the coaches weren't doing a lot of coordination/cross teaching I'd be appalled. Not if, but when Thompson occasionally helps with the D-backs does that mean T-Rob can't cut it?

wde

No logic allowed here. Only slanderous conspiracy theories! Obviously WM figured out in just 2 practices that RG was a terrible coach and comepletely undercut his responsibilities.....because that is how you build a good team...cutting coaches out after 2 practices. Lmfao. Some people here are so set on their opinion that any rediculous notion they can come up with to use as validation obviously means they are right (even though it is not even slightly related). Get your heads out of your arses. It obviously stinks in there!

If I need to extract my head out of my azz for asking a harmless question, then you need to extract a foot long stick out of yours for getting butthurt over a simple question.

My understanding is that Muschamp wants to run a 3-4 package. I believe that at times the lbs in this package will sometimes have their hand down on the edge. If so, that makes a LB a DL, and could be a reason for the overlap in coaches.

That vid was a read drill. Thompson has coached with Muchamp before so he already knows the reads that Boom wants the players to use. Therefore, Thompson is doing the install of that particular phase and I don't think it's any more complicated than that.

That vid was a read drill. Thompson has coached with Muchamp before so he already knows the reads that Boom wants the players to use. Therefore, Thompson is doing the install of that particular phase and I don't think it's any more complicated than that.

Shhhhhh! You are distressing the conspiracy theorists!

wde

If I need to extract my head out of my azz for asking a harmless question, then you need to extract a foot long stick out of yours for getting butthurt over a simple question.

Obviously my post was directed at certain group of people with conspiracy theories over RG and not at you so remove your own freaking stick while over reacting to something not even directed at you

wde

Obviously my post was directed at certain group of people with conspiracy theories over RG and not at you so remove your own freaking stick while over reacting to something not even directed at you

I asked the question in the conversation that you quoted so forgive me for thinking I was in your conspiracy theories group.

Enlighten me on the theories though because I have never heard them. As far as I have heard, there is a group that likes Gardner as DL coach and another that thinks he has been underwhelming while at Auburn, but never have I heard conspiracy theories regarding coach Gardner.

wde

I asked the question in the conversation that you quoted so forgive me for thinking I was in your conspiracy theories group.

Enlighten me on the theories though because I have never heard them. As far as I have heard, there is a group that likes Gardner as DL coach and another that thinks he has been underwhelming while at Auburn, but never have I heard conspiracy theories regarding coach Gardner.

Gardner is a terrible DL coach all he does is play with flowers and the grass. But now that Garner guy can really coach those D'linemen pretty good. Y'all calm down and let it go.

wde

Read the comments in this thread alone regarding reasons why Thompson is doing some DLine coaching and you might figure it out

wde

Read the comments in this thread alone regarding reasons why Thompson is doing some DLine coaching and you might figure it out

That isn't a conspiracy theory. Do you even know what a conspiracy theory is? A few guys thinking Garner isn't competent enough to handle the DL is pure speculation and nothing more. If I'm wrong, pull up the post and show me the conspiracy. Is there a hidden "CRG is tanking on purpose!" somewhere in the thread?

wde

That isn't a conspiracy theory. Do you even know what a conspiracy theory is? A few guys thinking Garner isn't competent enough to handle the DL is pure speculation and nothing more. If I'm wrong, pull up the post and show me the conspiracy. Is there a hidden "CRG is tanking on purpose!" somewhere in the thread?

Wow. The theory is that WM has already realized that RG can't coach and is having LT oversee the DL because of it. You're a dense one.

Archived