2017 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/17/16 - CB/S targets added)

WarEagleAU

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just by looking over the 2017 roster, how many guys do we need at each position. Like do we need 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE and so on and so forth.

Just by looking over the 2017 roster, how many guys do we need at each position. Like do we need 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE and so on and so forth.

QB: 1-2

RB: 2

HB: 0

WR: 2-3

TE: 0-1

OT: 3

OG: 1

C: 1

DE: 2

DT: 1-2

LB: 4-5

CB: 1-2

S: 2

Max # AU can take as of today: 28

I thought we might be looking at a center this time around. No?

I thought we might be looking at a center this time around. No?

Yes. Fixed.

While I'm not ready to make a profile thread til we get more from dedicated AU reporters, I thought was worth keeping an eye on since we will take at least 1 TE this class. Tweet from 2017 TE target.

Also this from SECC FWIW. Link

MacCollister, though listed as a defensive end, is being recruited as a tight end by the Tigers. The 6-foot-4, 238-pound athlete is rated the No. 31 strongside defensive end in the country, but has the potential to make a position change at the next level. Auburn is in good shape with MacCollister, who has reported 30 offers.

While I'm not ready to make a profile thread til we get more from dedicated AU reporters, I thought was worth keeping an eye on since we will take at least 1 TE this class. Tweet from 2017 TE target.

Also this from SECC FWIW. Link

MacCollister, though listed as a defensive end, is being recruited as a tight end by the Tigers. The 6-foot-4, 238-pound athlete is rated the No. 31 strongside defensive end in the country, but has the potential to make a position change at the next level. Auburn is in good shape with MacCollister, who has reported 30 offers.

Glad the Auburn coaches got in front of the 8 ball on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought we had a thread on WR Nico Collins but we don't & given the way things look I'm not going to start 1. Someone else can if they want to. He appears destine for Bama.

Update from al.com. AU not in top 6

Here's the AU part of the article

But what about the Tigers? They certainly are in the mix, but right now he said they're slightly behind that top six. He won't rule the Tigers out.

"They are in contact with me," Collins said. "It's just not my type of offense, I guess. They pass the ball a lot, but they're a type of read-option team."

• 3 weeks later...

Quarterbacks

Top 5 Remaining Targets

4-star Lowell Narcisse (LA) Probably LSU

4-star Jake Bentley (SC) USCe

4-star Bailey Hockman (GA). FSU

3-star N'Kosi Perry (FL). Miami Recommit

3-star Malik Cunningham (AL). Meh

Y'all know I like our QB's to start recruiting early. Well let's makes it happen. Looking like we're going to need another list though because the only pulls I think we can get from that list is N' Kosi Perry and Cunningham.

Quarterbacks

Top 5 Remaining Targets

Y'all know I like our QB's to start recruiting early. Well let's makes it happen. Looking like we're going to need another list though because the only pulls I think we can get from that list is N' Kosi Perry and Cunningham.

Unfortunately that list is Quite a bit different than what AU reporters have said which is

1. Lowell

2. Kellen Mond

3. N'Kosi Perry

Have not seen a 4 or 5 but I know Malik Cunningham is not a top target right now. In fact, Trey Bishop, who we are recruiting as an ATH is quite a bit higher on the QB board than Malik if we took Trey as a QB.

Quarterbacks

Top 5 Remaining Targets

Unfortunately that list is Quite a bit different than what AU reporters have said which is

1. Lowell

2. Kellen Mond

3. N'Kosi Perry

Have not seen a 4 or 5 but I know Malik Cunningham is not a top target right now. In fact, Trey Bishop, who we are recruiting as an ATH is quite a bit higher on the QB board than Malik if we took Trey as a QB.

I'd like Lowell or Mond over matter but Perry seems like a Lamar Jackson type of steal. I hope we get one of the three and it really doesn't matter about which one.

Quarterbacks

Top 5 Remaining Targets

1. Lowell

2. Kellen Mond

3. N'Kosi Perry

I'd like Lowell or Mond over matter but Perry seems like a Lamar Jackson type of steal. I hope we get one of the three and it really doesn't matter about which one.

Agreed. FWIW Perry really impressed analysts w/ his throwing ability at a recent camp.

I'm not going to shout this out by creating a thread on it but posting here so posters can see the very real perception, regardless of right or wrong, recruits have or are hearing on Gus's Job security. It's a free article interview with 3* in state LB Kendrick Haynes who has AU in his top 3.

Mobile (Ala.) Murphy HS four-star linebacker Kendric Haynes is no stranger to the LSU campus and he spent Saturday watching the Tigers spring game cementing LSU's position in his top three.

"It wasn't my first time or anything but I enjoyed the game," Haynes joked about the visit. "I liked it a lot and I spoke with coach Peveto and coach Craig who is my recruiter and they let me know that they want me to come back down in June and that they need a lot of linebackers that can come in and play right away."

Haynes will be a December graduate and he has three schools he is focused on right now, but he is worried about the status of two of the coaches.

"My top three schools are South Carolina, LSU and Auburn, but I know coach Miles is on the hot seat and coach Malzahn at Auburn is too, coach Muschamp at South Carolina is too new to be in trouble yet though," he said. "I want to see what happens with them this season before I make any decisions so that is tough."

As far as what he is looking for goes, Haynes says it is the right mixture of comfort and a chance to compete right away.

"I'm going in January so I want to be able to have the opportunity to compete for playing time and distance doesn't matter to me either, every one of my favorite schools has the same chance right now," he said.

Summer visits will be key for Haynes because he will have to scramble some for official visits prior to the December dead period. He said he will hit all three of his finalists again.

"I'm planning to go up to South Carolina on April 30th to check it out and then to LSU in June and back to Auburn at some other point," he said.

Haynes is the 11th rated inside linebacker in the country and the 13th ranked player in the state of Alabama. As a junior in ten games, Haynes racked up 114 tackles and 8 sacks.

Quarterbacks

Top 5 Remaining Targets

1. Lowell

2. Kellen Mond

3. N'Kosi Perry

AU had it's shot with Perry but slow played him. Wish AU would have taken Perry, which I think AU could have done, and called it a day with QB recruiting. But AU still loves Lowell. Going to bite AU in the butt in the end I'm afraid.

Quarterbacks

Top 5 Remaining Targets

1. Lowell

2. Kellen Mond

3. N'Kosi Perry

AU had it's shot with Perry but slow played him. Wish AU would have taken Perry, which I think AU could have done, and called it a day with QB recruiting. But AU still loves Lowell. Going to bite AU in the butt in the end I'm afraid.

Yeah I know

SMH

Yeah I know

SMH

Looking at Nate Craig-Meyers last year and keeping my fingers crossed. I'm having trouble being too negative about where we are in recruiting, right now, considering the staff turnover and the way things played out in our last recruiting cycle. We have shown more of a tendency to come on strong later in the cycle. I do wish Auburn would show Gus a tangible sign of good faith that would publicly nullify the hot seat argument being used to negatively recruit against us.

Yeah I know

SMH

Looking at Nate Craig-Meyers last year and keeping my fingers crossed. I'm having trouble being too negative about where we are in recruiting, right now, considering the staff turnover and the way things played out in our last recruiting cycle. We have shown more of a tendency to come on strong later in the cycle. I do wish Auburn would show Gus a tangible sign of good faith that would publicly nullify the hot seat argument being used to negatively recruit against us.

There is nothing publicly they can do. He already has a guaranteed contract through 2019 or 2020. Any public move made would only verify what other teams are selling on Gus's security.

There is nothing publicly they can do. He already has a guaranteed contract through 2019 or 2020. Any public move made would only verify what other teams are selling on Gus's security.

It would be unprecedented and probably not taken well by a chunk of the fan base, but they could bump his buyout for one year to show that he's solid through 2017. I'm in the camp that honestly thinks anyone considering pulling the plug on him this early in the game is part of the problem and not part of the solution.

It would be unprecedented and probably not taken well by a chunk of the fan base, but they could bump his buyout for one year to show that he's solid through 2017. I'm in the camp that honestly thinks anyone considering pulling the plug on him this early in the game is part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Completely agree

You never keep a coach for a recruit who may or may not pan out.

True but that's not the discussion point.

True but that's not the discussion point.

Yeah. Can we get back to my OP which was that I like the QB recruits recruiting for us as early as possible and it seems like we are very far away from landing one?

Archived