bcs tickets

wellsfs

I lost my ticket today that I had bought through Ticket Solutions on an Ebay bid. They have a 200% guarantee on the tickets and at first only refunded the value of the ticket. When I called them inquiring about their guarantee they posted the full amount I paid originally to my pay pal account in addition to the refund. While it is nice to have the extra money it will not cover the cost of anything available now.

Though it sucks to not get the ticket, that is what they should do. I feel like if I had gotten twice what I paid, I might be able to find a ticket(s) somewhere somehow. But all depends what you paid.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ticket prices have been crazy. Out of curiosity, I called one of the ticket brokers today and asked what they would pay for my tickets. They confirmed that I was local and said that they would pay $6000 for my pair. I did not accept, but it did make me think about just going on the trip and doing the tailgate and then watching it on tv. Now that Stubhub has pulled their tickets, the market may just go crazy tomorrow. I may call back and agree to take $6000 per ticket!! Actually, I don't know if I could even accept that price. I feel so cheap!

Can you complain to Consumer Affairs / Attorney General if you live in another state?

You can contact the office in your state. That is where the offense occurred. If this is an interstate commerce issue, they would then get the US Attorney's office involved

The ticket prices have been crazy. Out of curiosity, I called one of the ticket brokers today and asked what they would pay for my tickets. They confirmed that I was local and said that they would pay $6000 for my pair. I did not accept, but it did make me think about just going on the trip and doing the tailgate and then watching it on tv. Now that Stubhub has pulled their tickets, the market may just go crazy tomorrow. I may call back and agree to take $6000 per ticket!! Actually, I don't know if I could even accept that price. I feel so cheap!

I know that is a lot of money to get per ticket but don't do it. All they are gonna do is turn around and drive the price even higher by ripping off another AU by trying to sell your tickets for 9 or 10k... At some point people have to tell the greedy brokers to shove it up their @$$

I know that is a lot of money to get per ticket but don't do it. All they are gonna do is turn around and drive the price even higher by ripping off another AU by trying to sell your tickets for 9 or 10k... At some point people have to tell the greedy brokers to shove it up their @$$

^^^THIS^^^

There is an auction on eBay for two tickets for $13,200.00 for both.

I hope no one bids on it because that is complete crap. Even if I had tickets and wanted to sell them, I would never blatantly rip someone off.

There is an auction on eBay for two tickets for $13,200.00 for both.

I hope no one bids on it because that is complete crap. Even if I had tickets and wanted to sell them, I would never blatantly rip someone off.

I agree, that is horsecrap.

I bought 10 from the Purchase Tix link here on Auburn Eagle (6 and 4). Received around Christmas the 6 together from Purchase Tix. The 4 were  brokered to "Big Red Tickets". I called them on 27th and they would not guarantee me delivery before Jan 3rd and finally admitted they did't have tickets in hand. The guarantee said they had option of replacing with equal or better. On 29th I accepted other tickets in same location on Oregon side that were tickets in hand. They were shipped overnight to me. I paid about $1200 each which I thought was stupid at the time. I paid a 18% fee plus shipping. I used Purchase Tix so Auburn Eagle could make some money.

Now I'm really nervous about my tickets.  Did Stubhub call you and let you know that you didn't have tickets or did you call them and they told you this?  We bought our tickets from them during the SEC Championship game and received a confirmation e-mail and pick up location, but I haven't been told exact seats or anything.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to check?

Ain't no way that rank-and-file fans are still on the buying end of transactions at this point. The only folks paying $4,500 are brokers trying cover their rear ends, including StubHub, and the travel agencies that have to deliver on their packages. Those are businesses trying to protect their reputation, so my guess is they are eating into their profit margins. The small time brokers -- BigRedTickets et al -- are just refunding (plus whatever "inconvenience" courtesy bonus they pay).

Good ole fashioned supply and demand is one thing. A rational market, in my view, involves transactions between sellers that ACTUALLY HAVE a good or service and buyers whose desire for the good or service determines the price. There are more variables than that invovled in this quagmire.

I hope all those short-selling brokers at least make it right with refunds. Darn shame that folks got taken for such a ride.

Ain't no way that rank-and-file fans are still on the buying end of transactions at this point. The only folks paying $4,500 are brokers trying cover their rear ends, including StubHub, and the travel agencies that have to deliver on their packages. Those are businesses trying to protect their reputation, so my guess is they are eating into their profit margins. The small time brokers -- BigRedTickets et al -- are just refunding (plus whatever "inconvenience" courtesy bonus they pay).

Good ole fashioned supply and demand is one thing. A rational market, in my view, involves transactions between sellers that ACTUALLY HAVE a good or service and buyers whose desire for the good or service determines the price. There are more variables than that invovled in this quagmire.

I hope all those short-selling brokers at least make it right with refunds. Darn shame that folks got taken for such a ride.

and this^^^^^^^^

My friend / co-worker is now to get tickets when he get's to AZ.........

This is what stub hub told him yesterday afternoon.....

They are also telling him there are many fakes out there.....

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/01/tickets_to_the_bcs_national_ch.html

This is a very strange article on AL.com

Also I find it strange that they have found an AU student that has told them of his buying and selling of tickets that has contributed to this mass frenzy that is keeping AU fans from getting tickets.

I got the confirming emails from Purchase Tix and Big Red Tickets. I was worried when I got the my 6 toghther but not the 4. Big red had a phone number in the confirming email. I called them. Wouldn't answer #1 for questions on delivery so I used #2 for wanting to buy or sell which was answered 1st ring direct to a salesman. He offered the equal or better option. My transaction happened before the blowup. Big red wanted me to wait and pick up the tickets in Glendale.

The picture of him holding the tickets concern me.

The tickets he is holding have a round corner. The tickets I have bought are square....

Big concern here with everything going on with stub hub and all the fakes going around...

The tickets he is holding have a round corner. The tickets I have bought are square....

Big concern here with everything going on with stub hub and all the fakes going around...

That's a very interesting point.  I think mine are square as well though.  I've not seen pics of any with rounded corners however so I am a little confused.  Anyone else?

Message to stubhub: BCS is heavily oversold.  The US Airways Arena is not used Monday and IF YOU HURRY, you may be able to lease the facility and set up a number of HD projection systems.  Offer unfulfilled ticket orders FREE entrance with catered (decent) meals, free parking and possibly some pre/post game perks and you may get out of this without a class-action lawsuit.  I know several ticket buyers and they’re talking for legal action.  Good luck.

That's a very interesting point.  I think mine are square as well though.  I've not seen pics of any with rounded corners however so I am a little confused.  Anyone else?

That photo has been photoshopped...look at the outlines of the tickets...pretty obvious

Had a friend just post on FB that he could not pass up the $8000 offered for his tickets, he is in Glendale and will stay for the game festivities.

Archived