2012 5* DT Eddie Goldman

TMAN2499

I wouldn't look to get any four or five star commits till a coach is named at DC / OC its pretty important for the players. Some are pushing their dates back to see who we hire and some are moving on in a different direction. Either way the coaching situation is killing what should have been a given top five class because of nc last year.  Hopefully it will be resolved soon and the right hires are made.

As Ellitor has probably stated a thousand times, the up-swing in recruiting happens 3 years after a NC. 

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't look to get any four or five star commits till a coach is named at DC / OC its pretty important for the players. Some are pushing their dates back to see who we hire and some are moving on in a different direction. Either way the coaching situation is killing what should have been a given top five class because of nc last year.  Hopefully it will be resolved soon and the right hires are made.

As Ellitor has probably stated a thousand times, the up-swing in recruiting happens 3 years after a NC. 

This is bullcrap.  Maybe on the field with their performances, but like anything you capitalize on something like that in the present.  You can sell it forever, but it's never hotter than right now.

This is bullcrap.  Maybe on the field with their performances, but like anything you capitalize on something like that in the present.  You can sell it forever, but it's never hotter than right now.

Its not bull. Kids start figuring their schools after their sophomore year. For our national title, its next year, for bama's it was this year. it makes a lot of sense. By the time we won our national title, a lot of the class of 2012 already had they're favorites.

The more I read this board and the football board the more I am convinced someone has created about 20+ accounts and is saying the same thing on every account and just trolling the crap out of this site. We get it, no one wants to come to a team with no coordinators. That's why all the other teams in the country who had turnover on their coaching staffs just hired the most readily available candidate, with total disregard for the concept of getting the best available candidate. Man I just hope they have a number large enough for what our class is going to be ranked. I mean all of our commits are jumping ship. There was Yeldon who was definitely not any type of plan by the team he switched to. Then there's… umm… well I'm sure the others will catch on eventually, I mean they have to if it's as painfully obvious as some people on here are telling me.

Any word yet on how the BVG hire has affected our chances with Goldman?

Bryan Mathews says Auburn is in good shape, but I find it hard to beleive. This new DC may shake some things up though, so we shall see.

I think he would see early playing time at auburn. Could be a factor. Not to mention a great DC.

He will probably see early playing time most anywhere he goes..... :cool:

Many have thought Bama lead due soley to Sunseri....Goldman has stated several times how much he likes Sunseri and how great of a LB coach he thinks he is. 

Come on down Goldman!!  Let the Stache make you an All American!

Any word yet on how the BVG hire has affected our chances with Goldman?

Bryan Mathews says Auburn is in good shape, but I find it hard to beleive. This new DC may shake some things up though, so we shall see.

I too think we have a long way to go but with the addition of a great DC and with uat losing Sunshiney, there is a chance. I wish he could visit again.

Listening to JC Shurbett (sp?) on JOX, he listed Goldman as a bama/FSU battle with Maryland being the only other team with a shot.

Is he out of the loop on Goldman?

If anything I see it being an AU/FSU battle now from what mods on this board and AU board have been saying.  AU seems to be the "sleeper". 

Goldman was really high on AU after his visit and hiring a successful DC like BVG with his history of coaching LBs can only be positives for us.

Many thought Bama had Goldman due to his relationship with Sunseri.  Sunseri is no doubt a knock out recruiter but also one of the best LB coaches in CFB.  This could have some impact with some of UAT's class this year.

If anything I see it being an AU/FSU battle now from what mods on this board and AU board have been saying.  AU seems to be the "sleeper". 

Goldman was really high on AU after his visit and hiring a successful DC like BVG with his history of coaching LBs can only be positives for us.

Many thought Bama had Goldman due to his relationship with Sunseri.  Sunseri is no doubt a knock out recruiter but also one of the best LB coaches in CFB.  This could have some impact with some of UAT's class this year.

Why wouldn't he follow Sunseri to UT then?  Guaranteed immediate PT on the UT defense, and he'd be with the coach he loves.

With Dooley Head coach.........will that last?.......................the UT nation wants Dooley gone!

so........with the lack of stability there............will he go there?

Because I think there is a very big question mark as to what that staff will look like this time next year.  This is an ODD move to me for Sunseri.  Dooley's seat is FLAMING right now.  

Sunseri got guaranteed money, which is good for him, but unfortunately recruits look for longevity and may wonder how long these coaches might be at UT.  No guarantees no matter how good Sunseri ends up being as a DC that a new HC (under the assumption that they fire Dooley, which many have been screaming for) will retain Sunseri at UT.

Archived