OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Auburn Eagle to merge with AUFAMILY

AUSportTalk

We want dark backgrounds ! We want dark backgrounds !  :pcprobs:

;D

No immediate promises but we're going to look into an "AE Skin" to allow users to choose which view they want.  You spoke.  We're listening...

:)

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI - The site will be taken offline tomorrow shortly after 5:00PM CT. When we return we will be on the new platform at AUFAMILY.COM!

Note: The best way to stay updated on the progress of the merger over the weekend is by following our social network feeds. If you aren't doing so already, it is highly recommended!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/AUFAMILY

Twitter: http://twitter.com/AUFAMILY

How do I delete my account over there RIR? Can't find out how to do it.

I'll be glad to delete you.  ;D

I've taken care of it ... done.

Are you always this awesome? Thank you. Also, thanks for being so welcoming and listening to some of our wants such as an "AE Skin".

So I guess that answers the PM I sent you that you never replied to... :laugh:  :wareagle:

;D

No immediate promises but we're going to look into an "AE Skin" to allow users to choose which view they want.  You spoke.  We're listening...

most excellent  :thumbsup:

So I guess that answers the PM I sent you that you never replied to... :laugh:  :wareagle:

must've missed it, I've had a few the last couple of days. My bad :-[

I'm assuming that both sites will be down for the weekend?

;D

update-high-five.gif#high%20five%20gif

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I'm going to be put in the nut house. No Auburn boards at all for a whole weekend. What am I supposed to do with my weekend?  :pcprobs:

twitter and FB just don't give me that satisfaction of football discussion like AE does.

Man this is going to be a long few days.

WOOHOO!!!! I hit 4K posts and didn't realize it like 49 posts ago. It only took 3 years and I missed it.  :'(

Well it is a quarter to shutdown and Monday will be Monday.

I have not been too concerned about the name business, but I do have a question and a lead in.

I tried to register @ AUfamily when the first smoke went up on this and had a problem.  I've not been back since.

So, that is on my not going over to look around.

My question is this, is there a registry to see what names are in use over there so you won't use time to

try AUTIGRZ thru AtoZ4AU to find taken ?

Well it is a quarter to shutdown and Monday will be Monday.

I have not been too concerned about the name business, but I do have a question and a lead in.

I tried to register @ AUfamily when the first smoke went up on this and had a problem.  I've not been back since.

So, that is on my not going over to look around.

My question is this, is there a registry to see what names are in use over there so you won't use time to

try AUTIGRZ thru AtoZ4AU to find taken ?

Not until your a member, but when you sign up it will tell you if your chose name is taken. As for the merger. I'm not sure how all this is going to work. I'm guessing everyone will get an email. so make sure your email addy is up to date.

I think people are missing the point of the Q&A session because people haven't asked the most important question,

Will the amount of emoticons be on par with AE or is it possible to increase the selection?

;D

Hey, that's fantastic. I don't mean to be a grump about all this. I'm just adverse to change, and complain about good things. I really am grateful to all the AE folks, and to our new AUFamily folks as well. I can't wait for everyone to be settled down together and focus on what is really important. Bench press, 40 times, orange facemasks, and Jordan-Hare expansion.

I think people are missing the point of the Q&A session because people haven't asked the most important question,

Will the amount of emoticons be on par with AE or is it possible to increase the selection?

I think a handful of your emoticons might be imported in, but you'll need to adjust to a lower emoticon per post ratio.  While we're not anti-emoticon, we tend to use them more judiciously.  Plus, older computers, mobile devices and such don't always do well with post after post of animated gifs.  Tends to throw off the formatting and make scrolling jerky and slow.

I have been over to the other site several times, and find it very user unfriendly.  Now, in full disclosure, I am not tech-savvy at all, but I believe you guys over there need to realize that a lot of AE members are just like me.  You've got over 11,000 new members now, and most are willing to give it a shot.  But, please, listen to our needs.  Auburn Eagle was built on a strong membership base, and a very close-knit one at that; it just lacked leadership and interest from it's founders.  Here's my problems so far:  logging in, on the home page there is no obvious sign in area, and do I have to sign in every time?: messages and pms, where are they?: is there a place to go to read recently unread posts?: profiles, how do we set up and update?  Just a few basic questions from the uninformed.

Archived