Campus Construction Pictures

Streyeder

Resivoir being built to go under new Transportation Building to take water off of Magnolia (right west of Dunstan Hall):

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

Hot water pipes, I believe, going in between L Building and Shop 1.

IMG_0749.JPG

The NEW enf of the Concourse by Broun Hall...pathetic if you ask me...(shoulda been BRICK!)

IMG_0751.JPG

Plans for Thatch in front of Foy and Thatch Hall. Looks purdy, better than blacktop.

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

Thatch Con't...

IMG_0753a.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

New Pharmacy addition...

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

New Track under construction:

IMG_0761.JPG

Enjoy.

And yes, I know you can see my reflection...lol

Wheww, I thought I saw dead people.

Thanks for the pics

There was a link off the Auburn site of all the construction and the plans and cost does anyone have that link?

I tawt I taw a puddy tat!!!! Thufferin' Thuckatash!!!!

What they are doing next to thatch is pretty...turning the road to brick sidewalks....but I really dont like the idea. Theres already alot more traffic in auburn during the school year, and taking roads out of the picture doesnt really help alot during school days. It becomes like malfunction junction during rush hour when a class gets out. I also heard the main plan is to put brick sidewalks basically almost everywhere there is a road (in campus of course). Dont know the truth to this, but it would be bad planning if you ask me. Pretty idea, bad for congestion.

Looks like they went a little cheap on that section of the concourse...why was it ripped up in the first place?

118428[/snapback]

They've put in a new hot water system all over campus. I believe it was ripped uo for that.

I tawt I taw a puddy tat!!!! Thufferin' Thuckatash!!!!

118414[/snapback]

I thought I saw a bammer.....I did, I did....I saw a bammer :P

Thanks for the pics Strey. I have been seeing ths progress first hand all this Fall. It's reaaly going to be nice when everything is finished. And I for one think getting traffic off the center of campus is great. Many other major universities have done this or are in the process of doing it.

It's nice having some of the traffic out of the very center of campus, but I hope they don't keep Roosevelt closed whenever that new COSAM building is finished and make Thatch the last road they close. It's a pain even at night when there is no traffic to not be able to cut through.

Looks like they went a little cheap on that section of the concourse...why was it ripped up in the first place?

118428[/snapback]

They've put in a new hot water system all over campus. I believe it was ripped uo for that.

118432[/snapback]

I actually worked part-time for the construction company that is contracted to do that work. Basically, they are busy updating the antiquated water system that has been there since the dawn of time. Its been going on for the last 3 years or so. That's the reason that campus is turned upside down in the summer!!!

Although the construction is a hassle to try and get to class on time, I think everything will be better for the students and visitors to the campus. I for one, do not like having to dodge cars when I am trying to walk between classes. Now for all the lazy people, that have people drop them off at the front door of Haley it will be a little more difficult.

Also, I thought that huge hole was supposed to become a parking deck?!

Archived