Malzahn the likely replacement

Rednilla

What do you mean? How do you want things?

He means that he wishes everyone took certain people's dogma and followed along unquestioning like a good sheep. Sorta like a cult.

Or just not be a *******. Apparently that is hard for some people to accomplish. ^^^^^^^

***Watch the language please.***

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus Malzahn would be a great hire. He is a great coach and a great man. Why so much dislike for Gus? If he becomes the HC at an SEC school you will see how good he really is.

1. Gus took a young 2011 team and got 8 wins out of them. We lose Gus and a more talented 2012 team wins only 3 games....Gus was the difference! Very similar to Arkansas' downfall with the loss of Petrino.

2. What offensive coordinator could have done better with Trotter and Mosley as the only QB options in 2011? Not Petrino! Gus also did well with Chris Todd in 2009. (Todd holds the Auburn single season touchdown record!)

3. Gus has more than 1 year of head coaching exp...He won three state championships as a high school head coach. And yes coaching, motivating, and leading 15-18 yr old high school boys to play at a championship level is not much different than leading 18-23 yr old boys to play at a high level.

4. Gus is very qualify to clean house at Auburn because he has seen the problems first hand.

Gus was the bright spot of Chizik's time at Auburn and he was handcuffed by Chizik during his time here. He beat Saban in 2010 and almost beat Saban in 2009 (26-21, Alabama went on to win the NC).

People are saying Gus was part of the problem? I know we are upset about this season but don't start blaming Gus...

Gus is more proven than at the college level than Jeff Fisher.

Gus is as good of an offensive mind as Bobby Petrino.

Gus is a better offensive mind than Jimbo Fisher. FSU is winning because of their Mark Stoops run Defense, not because of a powerful offense.

on the money!!

It will not be Malzahn! That comes from a member of his current staff who SAID that he had already turned Ark. down and would CERTAINLY not go to Auburn. He has a verbal commitment to stay there 3 years and intends to keep it. People are making sh.... up to sell stuff.

If this is true, then why didn't Malzahn say anything remotely like this last week when asked about the Auburn job?

He means that he wishes everyone took certain people's dogma and followed along unquestioning like a good sheep. Sorta like a cult.

Or just not be a *****. Apparently that is hard for some people to accomplish. ^^^^^^^

*****? I don't even know her. WDE!

***Quit guys***

Gus may very well give us the "seamless" transition mentioned in the dismissal announcement. he knows all the current players, recruited them specifically for his offense amd might very well be able to retain a good complement of our current recruiting class, if he keep BVG. Hopefully, then he and BVG would sit down and hire thrir own set of assistants and get right to work.

Just a few thoughts.

Or just not be a *****. Apparently that is hard for some people to accomplish. ^^^^^^^

That's the 2nd time I've been called a name in the last half hour. If what I said was incorrect I invite you to show me why I'm wrong. If your only retort is name calling I invite you to grow up.

It will not be Malzahn! That comes from a member of his current staff who SAID that he had already turned Ark. down and would CERTAINLY not go to Auburn. He has a verbal commitment to stay there 3 years and intends to keep it. People are making sh.... up to sell stuff.

If this is true, then why didn't Malzahn say anything remotely like this last week when asked about the Auburn job?

Call him and ask him. He didn't say anything on the Palestinian Peace process either. Ask him that too.

I wasn't calling any names. Just throwing a classic joke out there to try and lighten the mood. Go Jeff! And if we can't/won't land Jeff, then Go Gus!!!

That's the 2nd time I've been called a name in the last half hour. If what I said was incorrect I invite you to show me why I'm wrong. If your only retort is name calling I invite you to grow up.

Do you mean like calling people sheep or being cult members? Something kind of like that?

The slide from Tuberville tough to Chizik soft happened under Malzahn's watch..........DO NOT WANT...........

We need a coach to instill toughness. Considering Dyer found Malzahn a soft place to land makes me think Gus is softer than Gene.

The fact the current players know and are comfortable with Malzahn is a NEGATIVE in my book. The Auburn players need things not so comfortable for a while.

Gus Malzahn would be a great hire. He is a great coach and a great man. Why so much dislike for Gus? If he becomes the HC at an SEC school you will see how good he really is.

1. Gus took a young 2011 team and got 8 wins out of them. We lose Gus and a more talented 2012 team wins only 3 games....Gus was the difference! Very similar to Arkansas' downfall with the loss of Petrino.

2. What offensive coordinator could have done better with Trotter and Mosley as the only QB options in 2011? Not Petrino! Gus also did well with Chris Todd in 2009. (Todd holds the Auburn single season touchdown record!)

3. Gus has more than 1 year of head coaching exp...He won three state championships as a high school head coach. And yes coaching, motivating, and leading 15-18 yr old high school boys to play at a championship level is not much different than leading 18-23 yr old boys to play at a high level.

4. Gus is very qualify to clean house at Auburn because he has seen the problems first hand.

Gus was the bright spot of Chizik's time at Auburn and he was handcuffed by Chizik during his time here. He beat Saban in 2010 and almost beat Saban in 2009 (26-21, Alabama went on to win the NC).

People are saying Gus was part of the problem? I know we are upset about this season but don't start blaming Gus...

Gus is more proven than at the college level than Jeff Fisher.

Gus is as good of an offensive mind as Bobby Petrino.

Gus is a better offensive mind than Jimbo Fisher. FSU is winning because of their Mark Stoops run Defense, not because of a powerful offense.

Exactly. Gus is awesome and brought us a record setting season with Chris Todd and a nc with Newton. I am very glad no one on here actually gets to influence the hire.

ST seems to have mitt romney type sources. he had jimbo for 2 weeks.

I can't help but recall the alleged "lockdown" and FBI raid of the UAT athletic complex, where Mayor and ST had inside sources that knew the whole story. Still waiting on all the arrests and everything else they predicted about that to come to pass. Seems like a reporter was also supposed to be indicted as a part of that deal.

BTW, not being critical of ST and Mayor, I know they have sources. However, my guess is that sometimes those sources (or someone up the line) have an agenda and they end up leaking false information to further that agenda.

All that to say, I will believe it when JJ announces it.

Gus has never developed a college QB on his own. i would rather give him a few years to see how well he develops a QB he recruited and coached up. Cam was "ready to go" and so was his Senior QB at ASU. He needs to be somewhere long enough he can show if he can develop a QB. I think he has lucked into a lot of what he is given credit for.

Do you mean like calling people sheep or being cult members? Something kind of like that?

Do you remember the night Loeffler was hired on AE? Everyone knew that it was an awful hire, and most people said so. I had 2 posts deleted. Both posts basically amounted to "we waited 2 months to hire Temple's inexperienced oc". I wasn't the only one who was censored for being honest saying this was an awful hire. Same thing happened when Chizik was hired. My point is if you didn't have a positive reaction to everything on that site your opinion didn't matter. That's the end of my rant.

Gus was advised by Pat Dye and JJ to find another job in the locker room after the 2011 Iron Bowl. Very humilisting. He will not be back as Lon as JJ is around.

I am going to add to the group that hopes Gus is not hired as the new head coach. He was a fantastic OC for sure, and I would say probably the biggest reason AU won the championship in 2010 (much more so than Chizik); but, that being said, I worry that hiring Gus would land AU back in this same predicament 4-5 years from now. I can't give any specific reason, just a gut feeling.

Call him and ask him. He didn't say anything on the Palestinian Peace process either. Ask him that too.

Well, considering he was asked directly about the job, it would have been the perfect chance to lay the rumor to rest. If you want to act like a turd, keep acting like a turd. When he was asked about the Auburn job last week, his response was that right now he is the coach at Arkansas State and that's where his focus is. It would have been the perfect opportunity to tell everyone he'd already turned down another opportunity and he has made a 3 year commitment to ASU he intends to keep.

Gus was advised by Pat Dye and JJ to find another job in the locker room after the 2011 Iron Bowl. Very humilisting. He will not be back as Lon as JJ is around.

Sounds like bammer talk to me. In fact, the only other person I heard this from is, in fact, a bammer.

The slide from Tuberville tough to Chizik soft happened under Malzahn's watch..........DO NOT WANT...........

We need a coach to instill toughness. Considering Dyer found Malzahn a soft place to land makes me think Gus is softer than Gene.

The fact the current players know and are comfortable with Malzahn is a NEGATIVE in my book. The Auburn players need things not so comfortable for a while.

All he did was offer the kid a second chance at home, and when he blew it, he was booted.

Malzahn would be a safe hire. He is a decent head coach and decent OC. His hiring could be to start rebuilding the program. That being said, is he the best option? No..He is not. But then again the options, as of right now are slim. Lets be realistic guys. The candidates know that AU is under investigation. That will hurt some. Of course the best options are still with their respective schools and probably wouldn't come to the mess we are in now. That being said, I feel that of the available options, Strong is the best. We need a tough, disciplined head coach to get some discipline back in our program. JMO..

Gus has never developed a college QB on his own. i would rather give him a few years to see how well he develops a QB he recruited and coached up. Cam was "ready to go" and so was his Senior QB at ASU. He needs to be somewhere long enough he can show if he can develop a QB. I think he has lucked into a lot of what he is given credit for.

I look at what he did with Todd in one season, not to mention Todd only participated in fall camp.....never has the luxury of having his guy for 3 or 4 years..........I mean Muschamp had never been a HC yet Foley hired him and his program was 11-1 in year two.....

I am going to add to the group that hopes Gus is not hired as the new head coach. He was a fantastic OC for sure, and I would say probably the biggest reason AU won the championship in 2010 (much more so than Chizik); but, that being said, I worry that hiring Gus would land AU back in this same predicament 4-5 years from now. I can't give any specific reason, just a gut feeling.

That feeling you have is how I feel about Petrino...

This..Malzhan recruited, besides Newton, was Robert Cooper, Tyrik Rollison, Clint Moleley, and Kiehl Fraizer. Want to know what is common with all of these qb's.....They are terrible. Gus should go to the Big 12. He is no where even close ready for Big Boy football

Archived