Who's the best QB in the FBS currently

japantiger

Manziel is the best athlete...Murray may be just the best QB...but Manziel can just make so many things happen...like Cam did...I give it to Johnny. Murray is a very close 2nd...makes plays when the team has to have them...he makes that team a lot better.

I don't understand the McCarron lovefest. I think a monkey could have QB'd Bama the last 2 years. He only really had to make one play last year; and he didn't make that one (threw the INT in the end zone against A&M). I think most any average SEC QB could make the plays he's had to make to wide open receivers....

Miller at Ohio State...he'll only play two top 25 teams probably like last year. Not hard to look good against Tier 2 talent...but he has tools.

Taj Boyd at Clemson...nah, it's Clemson. Bridgewater at Louisville..same as Clemson.

Mariotta at Oregon? Good last year and it's Oregon so they will put up some numbers...and he will be called on to make plays....

There's still a lot of hype for Driskell at Florida. Not really seeing it after watching him play.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manziel is the best athlete...Murray may be just the best QB...but Manziel can just make so many things happen...like Cam did...I give it to Johnny. Murray is a very close 2nd...makes plays when the team has to have them...he makes that team a lot better.

I don't understand the McCarron lovefest. I think a monkey could have QB'd Bama the last 2 years. He only really had to make one play last year; and he didn't make that one (threw the INT in the end zone against A&M). I think most any average SEC QB could make the plays he's had to make to wide open receivers....

Miller at Ohio State...he'll only play two top 25 teams probably like last year. Not hard to look good against Tier 2 talent...but he has tools.

Taj Boyd at Clemson...nah, it's Clemson. Bridgewater at Louisville..same as Clemson.

Mariotta at Oregon? Good last year and it's Oregon so they will put up some numbers...and he will be called on to make plays....

There's still a lot of hype for Driskell at Florida. Not really seeing it after watching him play.

+1

The McCarron lovefest is because he plays for saban and UAT. There's no other reason.

Might be because he has led his team to consecutive BCS championships and had the highest QB rating in the SEC.

It's not like this is a surprise...he was highly rated in HS and has developed about as Bama expected. They had the luxury of bringing him along slowly without having to rush him onto the field before he was ready. I hope JJ has the same opportunity.

The McCarron lovefest is because he plays for saban and UAT. There's no other reason.

Might be because he has led his team to consecutive BCS championships and had the highest QB rating in the SEC.

It's not like this is a surprise...he was highly rated in HS and has developed about as Bama expected. They had the luxury of bringing him along slowly without having to rush him onto the field before he was ready. I hope JJ has the same opportunity.

Again, I think Chris Todd. Ben Leard and a lot of QB's could have done the same. Who did he beat or what play did "he" make that turned a game around? An average SEC QB could have made the late throw against GA.

McCarron has an all world lineup around him. I could have won two rings with all that talent (okay maybe only one ring but you get what i'm saying).

The best QB is Nick Marshall! Don't let that happen again! j/k

The best QB is Nick Marshall! Don't let that happen again! j/k

He will be soon!!

That is dead on. Also having the best D and NFL rbs in the backfield. Oh, and the best O line last year. I am waiting for the new O line to fold in on him this year. But you are correct with your post. I remember him as a recruit and he was a stud. Saban is a master at what wins. He has his hand in the O no doubt.

Forrest Gump could play qb in that offense! Who can't hand the ball off multiple times? Or throw to Wide open receivers?

You must have missed last season. As for AJ....basically he runs the offense he is told to run. It's not his job to carry the team (like Cam did)...his job is "not lose a game by making a bad throw or fumbling". LSU probably had equal talent to Bama last season except for QB where they were pitiful despite having some 4* guys there. We see good teams all the time that under achieve because they don't have a reliable QB.

At the college level there are not that many QBs that can do what you describe. Sure it sounds pretty easy but just look around every Saturday and watch the starting QBs miss open receivers, panic under the rush, throw balls right at defenders, fumble hand-offs and stuff like that. There are not that many guys who can play mistake free. Like him or not....AJC is does that as well as any college QB these days.

Marshall will surprise everyone because he is going to be one of the fastest quarterback in the league and he has a Canon for an harm. He has not turned the ball over in practice which was originally a concern but it seems he has adjusted. I mean think about it how many quarterbacks in the league are fast enough to play cornerback?

1. Bridgewater 2. Manziel 3. Boyd.

I would love to see Bridgewater week in and week out in a tougher conference but he is the most complete QB IMO. On the McCarron front, I think he's a very good system QB and he does the job asked of him. He has the most talent around him but his numbers don't lie. 30 TDs and only 3 picks is very efficient QB play no matter who you play for.

Forrest Gump could play qb in that offense! Who can't hand the ball off multiple times? Or throw to Wide open receivers?

You must have missed last season. As for AJ....basically he runs the offense he is told to run. It's not his job to carry the team (like Cam did)...his job is "not lose a game by making a bad throw or fumbling". LSU probably had equal talent to Bama last season except for QB where they were pitiful despite having some 4* guys there. We see good teams all the time that under achieve because they don't have a reliable QB.

At the college level there are not that many QBs that can do what you describe. Sure it sounds pretty easy but just look around every Saturday and watch the starting QBs miss open receivers, panic under the rush, throw balls right at defenders, fumble hand-offs and stuff like that. There are not that many guys who can play mistake free. Like him or not....AJC is does that as well as any college QB these days.

^^^^^^ if the truth hurts, its still the truth

You know who McCarron reminds me of? Jamarcus Russell. He's slightly more accurate, but here me out. Jamarcus Russell had 5-star talent around him the whole time at LSU. He was able to air it out to 5-star monster receivers and stand comfortably behind monster 5-star linemen, and they made him look way better than what he really is. McCarron has the same luxury. His efficiency rating is so high because the guy throws more screen passes than I have EVER seen. To the 5-star running back. To the H-back. To the 5-star receiver. Oh look it's a flea flicker and he literally just throws it as far as he can and his receiver is wide open.

But of course, the media doesn't want to mention that...

I'll vote for Marshall. I doubt Johnny F is a better athlete.

If the question is who's won biggest, it's easy (AJ). No way around that.

But I wouldn't trade NM for Johnny F, AJ, or Murray. We've got our guy, and he's my guy.

Archived