2016 3* RB Malik Miller (AU commit 6/11/15)

McLoofus

Smart kid. And his parents, they didn't fall for the "Saban can get u to the league" bs. He's not the only coach that can do it. To be honest, his players are not as hyped up to be when they do make it to the league. Marcell Darius, IMO, is the only exception.

Only players that matter (to Malik) would be at the RB position anyways. How many DB's or LB's that go to the league have no bearing on him. I'd say AU has sent our fair share from his position to the league. :) RBU!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smart kid. And his parents, they didn't fall for the "Saban can get u to the league" bs. He's not the only coach that can do it. To be honest, his players are not as hyped up to be when they do make it to the league. Marcell Darius, IMO, is the only exception.

Hey 6. Can you please dial down the Saban posts in the recruiting thread. It gets threads derailed often times.

No problem, just proving a point to any future recruits who may be reading our boards. Which in general they really do pay attention on what's being said on message boards across the country. WDE

just proving a point to any future recruits who may be reading our boards

What point are you proving exactly? Saban's players are having significantly more draft success than ours are having. Its not even a debate. Until we start sending high round picks (ie: what really matters, no kid dreams of being a 5th round draft pick) with regularity, Saban and company will continue using the same sales pitch.

No problem, just proving a point to any future recruits who may be reading our boards. Which in general they really do pay attention on what's being said on message boards across the country. WDE

In general? I highly doubt it...most players don't look past the visits plus social media interaction, basically things that are presented to them. I haven't heard of many, or any players who have went out their way to peep what a fanbase thinks of them.

just proving a point to any future recruits who may be reading our boards

What point are you proving exactly? Saban's players are having significantly more draft success than ours are having. Its not even a debate. Until we start sending high round picks (ie: what really matters, no kid dreams of being a 5th round draft pick) with regularity, Saban and company will continue using the same sales pitch.

But he's NOT the only route to the league, which is what this media in this state is pumping in these kids ears. It's not his coaching that gets them there, if it was, guys like Brian Billick, and wade Phillips would be his biggest fans. Because both of those PRO coaches have said they have to re-teach sabans players the Right technique on defense. As far as running backs go, Jim brown is not impressed either. Speaking of rb, mr. Miller would be a great addition to our offense.

But he's NOT the only route to the league, which is what this media in this state is pumping in these kids ears.

I'm pretty sure the kids are all well aware that you can make it into the NFL from anywhere, but that doesn't discount the hard numbers which are staggering in Alabama's favor. Since the 2010 Draft they've had 16 first round draft picks. We've had 4 by comparison. Those numbers get even bigger once you get into total draft picks.

It's not his coaching that gets them there, if it was, guys like Brian Billick, and wade Phillips would be his biggest fans. Because both of those PRO coaches have said they have to re-teach sabans players the Right technique on defense.

Yawn. Every single NFL rookie is going to be "re-coached" on some level. You think that is some sort of knock on Saban? Do you realize how much coaching Cam Newton required in order to play in an NFL offense? Whitfield and company had to basically teach him how to drop back from under center because he sure as hell didn't learn those skills from Malzahn. So what are you suggesting, that no top QB should ever come play for Malzahn because they're basically going to have to re-learn everything at the NFL level anyway? Greg Robinson barely had any experience pass blocking because all we did was run with him in the lineup, which is why he started out at Guard and on the bench despite being drafted 2nd overall. Get the picture?

As far as running backs go, Jim brown is not impressed either

Oh, how original...you're bringing up Trent Richardson flopping. Last time I checked Richardson still got paid 3rd overall money. Saban can't hold the kid's hand in the NFL; if he can't play then he can't play and it wouldn't have mattered one bit what school he came out of. He's not responsible for how those kids pan out in the NFL, why should he be? The reality of the situation is that his top players get drafted HIGH, and being a HIGH draft pick means that you're making big guaranteed money right out of the gate. After that it is up to the player himself to show he belongs in the NFL. Trent Richardson signed a $20.4 million guaranteed contract with the Browns with a $13.6 million signing bonus. That is all a prized recruit needs to see.

And as far as running backs go, how impressed do you think the Green Bay Packers are with Eddie Lacey? Why didn't you bring him up in the discussion?

But he's NOT the only route to the league, which is what this media in this state is pumping in these kids ears.

I'm pretty sure the kids are all well aware that you can make it into the NFL from anywhere, but that doesn't discount the hard numbers which are staggering in Alabama's favor. Since the 2010 Draft they've had 16 first round draft picks. We've had 4 by comparison. Those numbers get even bigger once you get into total draft picks.

It's not his coaching that gets them there, if it was, guys like Brian Billick, and wade Phillips would be his biggest fans. Because both of those PRO coaches have said they have to re-teach sabans players the Right technique on defense.

Yawn. Every single NFL rookie is going to be "re-coached" on some level. You think that is some sort of knock on Saban? Do you realize how much coaching Cam Newton required in order to play in an NFL offense? Whitfield and company had to basically teach him how to drop back from under center because he sure as hell didn't learn those skills from Malzahn. So what are you suggesting, that no top QB should ever come play for Malzahn because they're basically going to have to re-learn everything at the NFL level anyway? Greg Robinson barely had any experience pass blocking because all we did was run with him in the lineup, which is why he started out at Guard and on the bench despite being drafted 2nd overall. Get the picture?

As far as running backs go, Jim brown is not impressed either

Oh, how original...you're bringing up Trent Richardson flopping. Last time I checked Richardson still got paid 3rd overall money. Saban can't hold the kid's hand in the NFL; if he can't play then he can't play and it wouldn't have mattered one bit what school he came out of. He's not responsible for how those kids pan out in the NFL, why should he be? The reality of the situation is that his top players get drafted HIGH, and being a HIGH draft pick means that you're making big guaranteed money right out of the gate. After that it is up to the player himself to show he belongs in the NFL. Trent Richardson signed a $20.4 million guaranteed contract with the Browns with a $13.6 million signing bonus. That is all a prized recruit needs to see.

And as far as running backs go, how impressed do you think the Green Bay Packers are with Eddie Lacey? Why didn't you bring him up in the discussion?

You're beating a dead horse Meta.

You're beating a dead horse Meta.

Yes, I know. I'm literally trying to rationalize with someone who's head is buried in the sand.

Beats being buried up sabans a##. If u can't see it then that's on u, but I'm not impressed with his coaching at all. I guess Steve spurrier doesn't know what he's talking about either when he said that Saban is a great recruiter, not coach. He probably should have asked u before he spoke on that huh? I bet know it all meta could have told ole ball coach how great of a coach Saban truly is. The secret to his success is that he tries to out talent his opponents, which is fine. But when he goes up against a good coach with the same level of talent, one that knows his X's and O's then there's a problem. I wonder why?

To think Saban isn't a good coach shows your lack of knowledge of the game. It really is an incredibly ignorant statement. He is one of the best defensive minds the college game has seen in a long time. I'm sorry, I know that doesn't fit many Auburn fan's agendas when referring to him, but the facts speak for themselves.

To think Saban isn't a good coach shows your lack of knowledge of the game. It really is an incredibly ignorant statement. He is one of the best defensive minds the college game has seen in a long time. I'm sorry, I know that doesn't fit many Auburn fan's agendas when referring to him, but the facts speak for themselves.

+1

Despise Saban for his many shortcomings but don't stick your head in the sand and ignore what he is good at. Recruiting , coaching D, hiring great assistant coaches. Not every player that left Bama and went to the NFL started out as a 5* player if he can't coach and teach how did those players develop and make it to the pros. You don't have to like Saban but give the Devil his due.

+1

+ another. There are so many things about that program and its fans that rivals can justifiably mock. One really need not pull material out of one's arse.

And while there's been many busts come out of there into the NFL, many have done well. I need not to name all of them because I've done that numerous times before while fighting with We6 on this same topic.

Hey 6. Can you please dial down the Saban posts in the recruiting thread. It gets threads derailed often times.

The definition of prescient.

Sounds like Malik isn't very close to committing after all?

NEVER did say he wasn't a good coach. I said he's not the ONLY coach that can get players to the league. Geesh! Hope Malik have a great time at AU

So is this thread about the RB out of MA or Nick Saban?

Personally I really hope we get one of those to come and play for us. The other is a great coach and I hope he finds a thread somewhere in the Woodshed.

Believe MA just wanted to get a feel for FSU before commiting to AU. Bright kid though and believe he's our gem of the class.

Believe MA just wanted to get a feel for FSU before commiting to AU. Bright kid though and believe he's our gem of the class.

Nice!

Nice!

Think he's committing in a couple weeks? I got Auburn at about 98%. Taking Miller and Holyfield as our two RBs. Recruiting sites have MA as FB but we're evaluating him at RB obviously!

Recruiting sites have MA as FB but we're evaluating him at RB obviously!

Yeah, just like we were recruiting Pettway at RB.

Archived