2016 3* RB Malik Miller (AU commit 6/11/15)

McLoofus

Recruiting sites have MA as FB but we're evaluating him at RB obviously!

Yeah, just like we were recruiting Pettway at RB.

They're pretty similar. You think we take three RBs?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think maybe meta was pointing out that the staff "recruited Pettway at RB" while knowing that it was only a matter of time before he arrived at the conclusion for himself that he needed to move to FB/HB. And yeah, I think he's suggesting that Miller is a similar back destined for a similar trajectory at Auburn. BUT... meta has never needed me to speak for him :)

I think maybe meta was pointing out that the staff "recruited Pettway at RB" while knowing that it was only a matter of time before he arrived at the conclusion for himself that he needed to move to FB/HB. And yeah, I think he's suggesting that Miller is a similar back destined for a similar trajectory at Auburn. BUT... meta has never needed me to speak for him :)

Right on all counts, I believe. :-X

I think maybe meta was pointing out that the staff "recruited Pettway at RB" while knowing that it was only a matter of time before he arrived at the conclusion for himself that he needed to move to FB/HB. And yeah, I think he's suggesting that Miller is a similar back destined for a similar trajectory at Auburn. BUT... meta has never needed me to speak for him :)/>

I think you're right. Can never tell whether Meta is being a smart arse or just the way he types. He's grown on me though and I tend to enjoy his posts.

I think maybe meta was pointing out that the staff "recruited Pettway at RB" while knowing that it was only a matter of time before he arrived at the conclusion for himself that he needed to move to FB/HB. And yeah, I think he's suggesting that Miller is a similar back destined for a similar trajectory at Auburn. BUT... meta has never needed me to speak for him :)/>

I think you're right. Can never tell whether Meta is being a smart arse or just the way he types. He's grown on me though and I tend to enjoy his posts.

Agreed. If you can get past the bedside manner, the content is better than the vast majority of the hollering back and forth on here.

*raises hand and points at self like the bench player in basketball who just committed a foul and wants to make damn sure it doesn't get attributed to one of the starters*

Miller is a very good athlete in the Pettway, Cox mold but I think there are several better RBs on AU board. However I really like that we are recruiting more good quality student athletes that love Auburn.

Sounds like Malik isn't very close to committing after all?

He has told all outlets since BCW he will commit in 2 weeks & it's between AU & FSU.

We did recruit him solely as a RB & you can pump out your chest. You were right on Pettway & the staff was wrong as it took them til after the season to even think about Pettway as an HB.

He was being a smart arse. He refuses to believe we recruited him solely as a tail back despite it being confirmed by many different people including Gus & Rhett themselves multiple times each.

He has told all outlets since BCW he will commit in 2 weeks & it's between AU & FSU.

how might it affect Holifield? Seems we'll be stacked at running back..

He refuses to believe we recruited him solely as a tail back despite it being confirmed by many different people including Gus & Rhett themselves multiple times each.

Oh, they said it themselves therefore it must be true. Because football coaches always report honestly to fans and media.

Pettway was never going to play RB here. Its called coach speak Ellitor. Miller will be the same thing: natural HB/FB "recruited" as a RB, then once it becomes obvious that we have way too many better RBs than him on roster he will go to FB/HB which is where everyone knows he's going anyway.

how might it affect Holifield? Seems we'll be stacked at running back..

Shouldn't. He knows we are taking 2. What may be the biggest factor w/ Holyfield is holding off UGA if they make a strong run @ him.

He refuses to believe we recruited him solely as a tail back despite it being confirmed by many different people including Gus & Rhett themselves multiple times each.

Oh, they said it themselves therefore it must be true. Because football coaches always report honestly to fans and media.

Pettway was never going to play RB here. Its called coach speak Ellitor. Miller will be the same thing: natural HB/FB "recruited" as a RB, then once it becomes obvious that we have way too many better RBs than him on roster he will go to FB/HB which is where everyone knows he's going anyway.

He was seem by reporters at tail back all through the season Mt Stubborn arse hard head. He was not moved til after the season. Just accept that you were right on where he should have been & frop it.

Yeah Meta, frop it! :big:

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^

Everyone alreafy knows Megadour thinks he's smarter than everyone else. We get it, fumb as we are.

He was seem by reporters at tail back all through the season Mt Stubborn arse hard head. He was not moved til after the season.

Yeah, because he wasn't going to contribute early at FB anyway, so they let him dick around at RB for a bit. Happens all the time. He was a redshirt, the fact that he played some RB for a few months doesn't change the fact that he was obviously going to move to FB, which is what I so eloquently told you all would happen while you were flipping the "but but but he's recruited at RB" turdburger.

He was seem by reporters at tail back all through the season Mt Stubborn arse hard head. He was not moved til after the season.

Yeah, because he wasn't going to contribute early at FB anyway, so they let him dick around at RB for a bit. Happens all the time. He was a redshirt, the fact that he played some RB for a few months doesn't change the fact that he was obviously going to move to FB, which is what I so eloquently told you all would happen while you were flipping the "but but but he's recruited at RB" turdburger.

What a pleasant surprise, Megadour crowing about being right in two threads simultaneously (see Broussard thread).

Did you predict that Jason Smith would not beat out Jeremy Johnson as the starting QB for this season, too?

Actually blowing a season at a position where coaches don't think you can contribute doesn't happen that often. See Jason Smith. See Robenson Therezie (moved to RB and back to DB in a few games). If coaches think you can help the team at another spot but offer nothing at your current spot, they move you. Pre-season, mid-season, or post-season. Whenever the call is made, the move usually comes quickly.

I imagine the coaches liked what he was doing on the scout team (read: he was helping the team), but they didn't think it would play over Roc or Barber. So why waste the talent? That's why the move came when it did.

Eloquently? Lol you never say anything eloquently! 98% of your posts spew arrogance and belittle others who don't share your exact opinion. Like E said earlier, nothing personal but that's just how you post to people. That being said I agree with u on Pettway, I knew he wouldn't be an RB at AU with what we had on the roster, his skill set better served being an H-back

Actually blowing a season at a position where coaches don't think you can contribute doesn't happen that often. See Jason Smith. See Robenson Therezie (moved to RB and back to DB in a few games). If coaches think you can help the team at another spot but offer nothing at your current spot, they move you. Pre-season, mid-season, or post-season. Whenever the call is made, the move usually comes quickly.

I imagine the coaches liked what he was doing on the scout team (read: he was helping the team), but they didn't think it would play over Roc or Barber. So why waste the talent? That's why the move came when it did.

I'm pretty sure the move came after we sucked at HB/FB when Prosch left.

Archived