Pulling for bammer this weekend

TitanTiger

Pulling for Alabama is silly. We had our chance at the playoffs and it is over. Anyone who thinks this also assumes Ole Miss can beat MSU and that Auburn can beat both UGA and Alabama. What happens when Auburn loses to UGA? Or Ole Miss loses to MSU? Do you still cheer for Bama over MSU?

Bama over MSU means Bama gets their way into the playoff by beating Auburn. Is that what you want? We had our shot, it's over. The sooner Auburn fans accept that, the better. Auburn has to try to do whatever it can to find the ability to win in Athens and/or Tuscaloosa to still have a nice 10 win season and go to a nice bowl. The orange bowl is still possible, but the playoffs are gone. Yes, it is still theoretically possible, but in reality it is over. Reality poured down on Auburn with those two fumbles.

BTW, I can guarantee it now. Should Alabama beat MSU, I will bet $1,000 that there will be countless people on this board claiming, "the refs won't allow Bama to lose to Auburn. Too much money involved." So why would you want Bama to beat MSU?

I stood in Jordan-Hare stadium in 2013 during an Auburn Georgia game when it was 4th and 18. I stood in Jordan-Hare stadium in 2013 during an Auburn Alabama game when Alabama was trying for a game winning field goal. Don't tell me anything is gone or that in reality it is over. I went through that last year. Never give up on Auburn.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, it's not pulling for bammer. I'm pulling for Auburn, which involves MSU needing to lose twice. Since they won't be losing to Vandy, it's got to be bammer and Old Mrs. If that happens, and we can force a four way tie between MSU, us, bammer and Old Mrs by winning out, we win the tiebreakers and go to the SEC Championship Game. It's really our only shot at making the playoffs with two losses. And even if we miss out on the playoffs, we still can win the SEC.

So I'll hold my nose and pull for the enemy because it helps us.

Amen brother. To me it's more...waiting to see what happens with that game, IF Alabama wins then just maybe ole miss could pull off an upset in starkville. However. Either way we have to beat Alabama for a shot...would probably go poison a t town statue if they went to Atlanta.

If you are pulling for bama to win you're pulling for them to win the SECW and go to the playoff.

Well, except pulling for bama is the exact opposite of that. Really not sure how why so many of you are having trouble with that.

Let's face it folks, Auburn is NOT going to win the west no matter what.

If "no matter what" means "unless a very small number of completely realistic things happen", then you are totally right.

This team has NO D. We're getting worse every game.

True. If only we had a really, really good offense and two guys in our backfield who would be Heisman candidates if not for a couple games we gave away. Wait a second...

Would you rather Miss St win the SEC and go to the playoff or bama? I'd rather Miss St go. It's been a long time coming for them and they deserve it.

I'd rather Auburn win the SEC than either of those teams. It's odd that you don't feel that way also.

Quote from mcloofus: True. If only we had a really, really good offense and two guys in our backfield who would be Heisman candidates if not for a couple games we gave away. Wait a second... Unbelievable^^ if we had ANY kind of defense we would be national champs and still undefeated!

The funny thing about all this is that who you root for has absolutely no impact on the outcome of the games.

What you all are really arguing about is the correct psychological profile for a fan, or what thoughts you should be having as you sit in your living room drinking a beer and watching tv. That's some abstract stuff.

Me, I'll be rooting for Bama because I wanna see Auburn in the title game. But, ya know what, I could wear Auburn shirts every day of the week but be a secret Bama fan and it wouldn't change a thing.

The funny thing about all this is that who you root for has absolutely no impact on the outcome of the games.

What you all are really arguing about is the correct psychological profile for a fan, or what thoughts you should be having as you sit in your living room drinking a beer and watching tv. That's some abstract stuff.

Me, I'll be rooting for Bama because I wanna see Auburn in the title game. But, ya know what, I could wear Auburn shirts every day of the week but be a secret Bama fan and it wouldn't change a thing.

This true and amusing. Our cheering for bamr or State will have no bearing on the game whatsoever. Yet both sides are adamant over who each will pull for.

What is surprising is the number of Auburn fans who can't bring themselves to root for bamr inspite of the benefit for Auburn should bamr win the game.

This true and amusing. Our cheering for bamr or State will have no bearing on the game whatsoever. Yet both sides are adamant over who each will pull for.

What is surprising is the number of Auburn fans who can't bring themselves to root for bamr inspite of the benefit for Auburn should bamr win the game.

I want to be able to. I find it so very difficult to do it after all the other crap we've heard from them over the years. I do know it would be very sweet to have them sitting there on the verge of getting into the conference championship game and the playoff and then take it away from them.

I used to pull for alabama against anyone but Auburn. (House divided, etc). After 2010, I wouldn't pull for Alabama against the Taliban. They can go to hell.

Amen, brother.

If you are pulling for bama to win you're pulling for them to win the SECW and go to the playoff.

Well, except pulling for bama is the exact opposite of that. Really not sure how why so many of you are having trouble with that.

If "no matter what" means "unless a very small number of completely realistic things happen", then you are totally right.

True. If only we had a really, really good offense and two guys in our backfield who would be Heisman candidates if not for a couple games we gave away. Wait a second...

Would you rather Miss St win the SEC and go to the playoff or bama? I'd rather Miss St go. It's been a long time coming for them and they deserve it.

I'd rather Auburn win the SEC than either of those teams. It's odd that you don't feel that way also.

Without a D Auburn is not winning the SECW much less the SEC. It would be nice but it's not happening. Real life is real life. This team STINKS. They haven't played a good game since beating LSU. Evey chance they've had to f* a game up they've made full use of it. That trend isn't letting up, it's getting worse every game.

When discussing this with my wife last night, I was talking about this dilemma. As others mentioned, she also asked me this question...is my hate for Bama bigger than my love for Auburn? Dilemma solved for me. Though, I predict I will catch myself cheering when something bad happens for Bama..."old habits die hard", "going against my nature", and all that. Afterwards I will probably have to take a decontamination-level shower to get the stink off me.

Edit in: I was also one of those that for years I had not problem pulling for UA until they played us. I had many friends that went to school and played baseball and football there. However, after 2010, I can't do it anymore at all. The vitriol I saw come from most of their fan base, even those friends I thought were more level-headed, just astounded me to no end.

I originally posted this on another thread, directly related to a conversation there, but it's obviously appropriate for this thread's OP, so I hope nobody minds the duplicate:

Tell you how I feel... If Auburn does make it to the SECCG due to uat defeating MSU, then I will absolutely drink a beer, after the fact, and say "thank you uat" quietly, to myself, where nobody else can hear it.

But to actually pull for them? It's just an honest emotional thing here.... regardless of what my brain and logic might tell me, asking me to actually pull for uat is like asking me to not find beautiful women attractive... to drive a ZR1 Corvette and not enjoy it... etc, etc...

For 3-1/2 hours on Saturday, I will be a robot and understand what a uat victory over MSU means for Auburn.... but I still will not enjoy it until AU is able to actually take advantage of it.

I will put it this way for me...my love for AU and hate for bama are one in the same. It's like you can't have a pb&j sandwich without pb or j. The difference between the fan bases is how you react and handle youself after your team wins or loses. AU fans have always handle this better.

Not that I like BamR much, but, I will root for them against the drop a dime Dans.

I also support them strongly against UT, mostly against lsu.

What matters is we grow up and beat Georgia.

Without a D Auburn is not winning the SECW much less the SEC. It would be nice but it's not happening. Real life is real life. This team STINKS. They haven't played a good game since beating LSU. Evey chance they've had to f* a game up they've made full use of it. That trend isn't letting up, it's getting worse every game.

Pretty much sums it up right there

Saying we're not going to win makes no sense whatsoever. We're talking about hope anyway it's not like if you pulled for bammer you made them win and if we lost you could take your hope back and give it to miss st then they won....I swear some of you dudes are hilarious

Saying we're not going to win makes no sense whatsoever. We're talking about hope anyway it's not like if you pulled for bammer you made them win and if we lost you could take your hope back and give it to miss st then they won....I swear some of you dudes are hilarious

Well show me a miracle because im hopeless with this d

Well show me a miracle because im hopeless with this d

we can still win with offense carrying us. The offense must play virtually flawless to pull games out. It has several times the past 2seasons.

I don't care if it would grant Auburn national championships every year in perpetuity, I won't pull for Bammer. If they win and it helps AU great but if they lose....even better. War Damn Eagle.

I don't care if it would grant Auburn national championships every year in perpetuity, I won't pull for Bammer. If they win and it helps AU great but if they lose....even better. War Damn Eagle.

:slapfh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived