Charles Kelly

RunInRed

I don't why you have a problem with people having hope.

In the end, he may be right and Kelly stays put. But this deal is far from over. There's no reason to act as if it is.

You and I have no bearing on the matter. What happens, happens.

I didn't say we did. I'm saying there is no reason for you to act as if you have definitive information when you don't. Right now, Kelly is of the mind to stay put. But he's still talking to Auburn. He could easily shut the conversation down and say his decision is final. He has not done that. So let's not act as if it's a foregone conclusion.

Never said I had "definitive information" so don't twist my words. I only related two conversations that my cousin had with CK's father-in-law who has a vested interest in his decision. You say that "he's still talking to Auburn". My guess is that AU is talking to him, not vice versa until the magic $ number is mentioned, THEN he might seriously reconsider the move. Bad move on our part. The appearance this gives is that we're chasing him rather than the reverse. We did this with Muschamp...and it backfired eventually.

Conversations will continue until AU shuts it down, not CK, at least this is how smart decisions are made. Btw, you keep mentioning other pay sites who have a vested interest in your clicks, not the outcome. Whatever they can do to continue a story helps their bottom line, not AU's. According to 247 another "prominent FBS DC" has Malzahn's attention so go click away until your heart's content. We'll ALL know when we know and how much more we're having to pay the new DC.

WDE !!!

I'm not twisting your words. I'm using your actual words. Just because you didn't use the word "definitive" in your post doesn't mean that isn't what you were doing. Your quotes:

"You're straining at gnats. He's not coming to AU."

"Read post above yours. He ain't comin'."

"Like my cousin told me, CK is staying at FSU."

That is the very definition of making definitive statements. If what you meant was, "He's still listening to Auburn/Gus but as of now his intention is to stay at FSU", then that is what you should have said.

My statements were conjecture, not a statement of "fact". Learn the difference.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't why you have a problem with people having hope.

In the end, he may be right and Kelly stays put. But this deal is far from over. There's no reason to act as if it is.

You and I have no bearing on the matter. What happens, happens.

I didn't say we did. I'm saying there is no reason for you to act as if you have definitive information when you don't. Right now, Kelly is of the mind to stay put. But he's still talking to Auburn. He could easily shut the conversation down and say his decision is final. He has not done that. So let's not act as if it's a foregone conclusion.

Never said I had "definitive information" so don't twist my words. I only related two conversations that my cousin had with CK's father-in-law who has a vested interest in his decision. You say that "he's still talking to Auburn". My guess is that AU is talking to him, not vice versa until the magic $ number is mentioned, THEN he might seriously reconsider the move. Bad move on our part. The appearance this gives is that we're chasing him rather than the reverse. We did this with Muschamp...and it backfired eventually.

Conversations will continue until AU shuts it down, not CK, at least this is how smart decisions are made. Btw, you keep mentioning other pay sites who have a vested interest in your clicks, not the outcome. Whatever they can do to continue a story helps their bottom line, not AU's. According to 247 another "prominent FBS DC" has Malzahn's attention so go click away until your heart's content. We'll ALL know when we know and how much more we're having to pay the new DC.

WDE !!!

I'm not twisting your words. I'm using your actual words. Just because you didn't use the word "definitive" in your post doesn't mean that isn't what you were doing. Your quotes:

"You're straining at gnats. He's not coming to AU."

"Read post above yours. He ain't comin'."

"Like my cousin told me, CK is staying at FSU."

That is the very definition of making definitive statements. If what you meant was, "He's still listening to Auburn/Gus but as of now his intention is to stay at FSU", then that is what you should have said.

My statements were conjecture, not a statement of "fact". Learn the difference.

I didn't say they were a statement of fact. I said you were acting as if you had definitive information. And you were.

As noted before, i am reminded of the D Craig hire. Not saying we hire Kelly but could happen. Jovon Robinson second recruitment also comes to mind.

I believe your cousin is in for a surprise.

Care to elaborate?

All talk this morning, but very close to happening. Just talk no link

Would love talk turn into action so we can all move forward as an Auburn family and get ready for Memphis, just saying.

I believe your cousin is in for a surprise.

Care to elaborate?

All talk this morning, but very close to happening. Just talk no link

Would love talk turn into action so we can all move forward as an Auburn family and get ready for Memphis, just saying.

Ditto.

I don't care about Memphis. Hell we'll probably lose to them but practicing and getting that foundation started would really help

I don't care about Memphis. Hell we'll probably lose to them but practicing and getting that foundation started would really help

Yeah. In a perfect world, White would be healthy and they'd start preparing for Clemson now.

I hope it's Kelly even though it's not looking likely....We need some good stuff happening....I'm depressed, I'm getting bombarded by Birmingham bowl game jokes left and right....even some stuff I've used on them in the past....And there's nothing I can do about it Smh

Yeah. In a perfect world, White would be healthy and they'd start preparing for Clemson now.

Thanks alot for reminding me about Clemson Loof!! Smh

Are we gonna drive or fly?

:realmad:

i would loce for Clemson to win it all then us whack them in the opener and Gus give a shove it up your ars interview at midfield.

i would loce for Clemson to win it all then us whack them in the opener and Gus give a shove it up your ars interview at midfield.

I'd take that. I hate to see Clemson do so well because we recruit a lot of the same players but a Clemson championship >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bama championship.

I just wish Bama had to play OU or Clemson in their first rd game. They seem to do much better against teams like MSU.

I'd take that. I hate to see Clemson do so well because we recruit a lot of the same players but a Clemson championship >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bama championship.

I just wish Bama had to play OU or Clemson in their first rd game. They seem to do much better against teams like MSU.

Well one way to look at it is that you're guaranteed to get one of them in the championship game. Saban will only get one week to prepare vs a month for the semifinals.

Well one way to look at it is that you're guaranteed to get one of them in the championship game. Saban will only get one week to prepare vs a month for the semifinals.

Ah yes I think you're on to something here. I feel better about it now.

I don't think it is the perception of Gus, but the perception of our AD, that we should be worried about.

Seriously...Muschamp was gone regardless of the USC job. He would have made a lateral move. Ask yourself WHY.

I love AU as much as anyone, but unfortunately we are a hot mess right now, and NOT a "premier" job as was stated.

You just don't understand the wrath that is about to come your way.......

I'm not looking to deliver wrath but i'd sure as heck like to know what source/information there is that says Muschamp was gone no matter what? Why would he have taken the DC job at Bama or UGA?

We don't know for certain if that's what would have happened or not. Moving on.......

That's why i asked the question. She made a bold statement that WM was gone either way. I was just looking for additional information to back that up.

I don't think it is the perception of Gus, but the perception of our AD, that we should be worried about.

Seriously...Muschamp was gone regardless of the USC job. He would have made a lateral move. Ask yourself WHY.

I love AU as much as anyone, but unfortunately we are a hot mess right now, and NOT a "premier" job as was stated.

I'm not looking to deliver wrath but i'd sure as heck like to know what source/information there is that says Muschamp was gone no matter what? Why would he have taken the DC job at Bama or UGA?

We don't know for certain if that's what would have happened or not. Moving on.......

That's why i asked the question. She made a bold statement that WM was gone either way. I was just looking for additional information to back that up.

i don't believe WM was gone either way. I think that got floated out there but for no particular reason.

As for the Carolina fans, I believe that most will defintely be disappointed with Muschamp in 3 years just as Florida found themselves. Great Defensive Coach, but admittedly not very good with his anger management.

What did his "anger management" deficiencies cost us other than one penalty all season (or in 3 seasons, if you want to include his previous stint)? Honest question.

Nothing. His demeanor was much needed for our defense. I hope the next coach is just as intense and doesn't behave as if they're on Valium.

I'm hoping for the same as well. I didn't have a problem with what WM did on the sidelines. Our defense finally played with some fire this year under WM. It was easy to tell the players loved playing for him and his reactions in the game. AU's defense has been so soft and not respected for so long it was nice see that fire again.

i don't believe WM was gone either way. I think that got floated out there but for no particular reason.

You don't think it could have anything to do with deflecting the departure of another DC do you?

Archived