Charles Kelly

RunInRed

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Kelly's defense give up a lot of points in 2014 and he still had Mario Edwards and Eddie Goldman. Oregon went through his defense like sliced butter no resistance at all smh

... He's going to be the perfect DC for us smh

His D this year was the first in the country since bama's 2011 D to keep all opponents under 25 points IIRC

Ya I know he did good, but I would think with a killer dline he would do a little better in 14.

Hope he does well but he'll probably be as good as the rest since ole Tubbs left.

Wait you were serious with the first post? I thought you were being funny/sarcastic

It's Pruitt or someone who punches dry erase boards or bust. Ha

Surely this one is sarcastic... its a bama grad, the guy that just quit or bust? 3 options for that post, :drippingsarcasm7pa: OR :ucrazy: OR :drink9:

Joe Rice @joeyrice5 11m11 minutes ago

Charles Kelly expected to sign with Auburn as DC for 950k per year. 3 year deal. #coachingcarousel

Not sure who this guy is but this is out there

There you have it..... ;)

Didn't Kelly's defense give up a lot of points in 2014 and he still had Mario Edwards and Eddie Goldman. Oregon went through his defense like sliced butter no resistance at all smh

His D this year was the first in the country since bama's 2011 D to keep all opponents under 25 points IIRC

Ya I know he did good, but I would think with a killer dline he would do a little better in 14.

Hope he does well but he'll probably be as good as the rest since ole Tubbs left.

He did lose multiple starters and two-deep guys from the 2013 squad, including Lamarcus Joyner, Christian Jones, Timmy Jernigan, Terrence Brooks and Telvin Smith (all starters). Two of those were starters on the defensive line and two were starters in the defensive backs. And it was his first year on the job.

Seems a little crazy to dump on the guy for taking a step back with those losses. Especially in light of the big improvement then made in his second year on the job.

Wait you were serious with the first post? I thought you were being funny/sarcastic

Surely this one is sarcastic... its a bama grad, the guy that just quit or bust? 3 options for that post, :drippingsarcasm7pa:/> OR :ucrazy:/> OR :drink9:/>

Don't kid yourself you are so close, it's actually option four... OR all of the above

Florida State football, recruiting news: SEC schools continue to wrongly assume they can poach FSU's staff

Seen some chatter about FSU defensive coordinator Charles Kelly receiving Auburn interest after Will Muschamp left to become South Carolina's head coach. Kelly's defense is the only one since 2011 Alabama to hold every opponent under 25 points, and he has major Auburn ties, but I don't believe he is going anywhere, and neither do any of my sources on staff. Other sources say that Auburn can offer a lot, but not $1M and certainly not the $1.6M that Auburn was paying Will Muschamp. Auburn is also seen as a sinking ship by some in the coaching community, and Gus Malzahn enters the 2016 season on a very hot seat after going 14-12 in his last 26 games. No way would Auburn's athletic director let a coach on the hot seat sign a coordinator to some insane guaranteed multi-year deal.

Y'all hear that ?

Can we steal Lawing too?

I'm hoping that was part of the negotiations.

Hoping? Was that even on the table? Was he offered too? Seriously.

Surely this one is sarcastic... its a bama grad, the guy that just quit or bust? 3 options for that post, :drippingsarcasm7pa:/> OR :ucrazy:/> OR :drink9:/>

Don't kid yourself you are so close, it's actually option four... OR all of the above

HAHA!! Crazy sarcastic drunk! My kinda guy :laugh:

Can we steal Lawing too?

Well, I'd heard part of the negotiating was Kelly wanting to have complete say over his defensive staff. Or at least to bring certain coaches with him.

Can we steal Lawing too?

Well, I'd heard part of the negotiating was Kelly wanting to have complete say over his defensive staff. Or at least to bring certain coaches with him.

That is a fair request.

Florida State football, recruiting news: SEC schools continue to wrongly assume they can poach FSU's staff

Seen some chatter about FSU defensive coordinator Charles Kelly receiving Auburn interest after Will Muschamp left to become South Carolina's head coach. Kelly's defense is the only one since 2011 Alabama to hold every opponent under 25 points, and he has major Auburn ties, but I don't believe he is going anywhere, and neither do any of my sources on staff. Other sources say that Auburn can offer a lot, but not $1M and certainly not the $1.6M that Auburn was paying Will Muschamp. Auburn is also seen as a sinking ship by some in the coaching community, and Gus Malzahn enters the 2016 season on a very hot seat after going 14-12 in his last 26 games. No way would Auburn's athletic director let a coach on the hot seat sign a coordinator to some insane guaranteed multi-year deal.

Y'all hear that ?

Well, here's to proving them wrong if/when it happens.

poache_egg_10001.gif

Y'all hear that ?

poache_egg_10001.gif

Maybe we can go start a meltdown thread on their board.

Y'all hear that ?

poache_egg_10001.gif

Maybe we can go start a meltdown thread on their board.

That would be epic.....LOL

Can we steal Lawing too?

That is a fair request.

Does this mean CRG is getting a desk job?

Can we steal Lawing too?

That is a fair request.

Does this mean CRG is getting a desk job?

Not necessarily. Muschamp had the same privilege. Garner stayed.

Bruce Feldman just tweeted "BREAKING: Charles Kelly to be named AU new defense coordinator, a source confirms" FWIW

It's a troll......he's being an asshat and PM retweeted it without confirming it.

Archived