Charles Kelly

RunInRed

I am still holding out hope for Kelly. It would be easy. Similar defense....with 5 DC's in the last years, we need to make this change very easy.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope whoever is next as DC continues to teach the importance of not hitting somebody out of bounds. It looked like CEJ didn't care about the personal foul penalties lol

I have my money on Kelly. No later than Sunday.

Elaborate?

I assume Clayton is stalking Kelly. He's close to getting a fix on his location and he's ready with dollar bills and Scotch tape in hand.

Elaborate?

I assume Clayton is stalking Kelly. He's close to getting a fix on his location and he's ready with dollar bills and Scotch tape in hand.

Precisely

I don't think it is the perception of Gus, but the perception of our AD, that we should be worried about.

Seriously...Muschamp was gone regardless of the USC job. He would have made a lateral move. Ask yourself WHY.

I love AU as much as anyone, but unfortunately we are a hot mess right now, and NOT a "premier" job as was stated.

You just don't understand the wrath that is about to come your way.......

I'm not looking to deliver wrath but i'd sure as heck like to know what source/information there is that says Muschamp was gone no matter what? Why would he have taken the DC job at Bama or UGA?

We don't know for certain if that's what would have happened or not. Moving on.......

That's why i asked the question. She made a bold statement that WM was gone either way. I was just looking for additional information to back that up.

i don't believe WM was gone either way. I think that got floated out there but for no particular reason.

I don't think it was for no particular reason, but I agree that if he had not gotten a HC job, I think Muschamp would have been back. I think it was floated by someone (possibly his agent) as leverage for some stuff Muschamp wanted changed. A threat to make a lateral move if those things didn't happen. It should have been done privately rather than in the press though. That was an unnecessarily provocative move that ended up being seen as a slap at Gus and Auburn.

I don't think it is the perception of Gus, but the perception of our AD, that we should be worried about.

Seriously...Muschamp was gone regardless of the USC job. He would have made a lateral move. Ask yourself WHY.

I love AU as much as anyone, but unfortunately we are a hot mess right now, and NOT a "premier" job as was stated.

I'm not looking to deliver wrath but i'd sure as heck like to know what source/information there is that says Muschamp was gone no matter what? Why would he have taken the DC job at Bama or UGA?

We don't know for certain if that's what would have happened or not. Moving on.......

That's why i asked the question. She made a bold statement that WM was gone either way. I was just looking for additional information to back that up.

i don't believe WM was gone either way. I think that got floated out there but for no particular reason.

I don't think it was for no particular reason, but I agree that if he had not gotten a HC job, I think Muschamp would have been back. I think it was floated by someone (possibly his agent) as leverage for some stuff Muschamp wanted changed. A threat to make a lateral move if those things didn't happen. It should have been done privately rather than in the press though. That was an unnecessarily provocative move that ended up being seen as a slap at Gus and Auburn.

Will's intro presser kinda told me he has no problem with Gus. He even stated he was fortunate to work with him and see his offense and will employ a similar one. I think he did not shoot down the speculation because he was told to stay mum by USCe.

Will's intro presser kinda told me he has no problem with Gus. He even stated he was fortunate to work with him and see his offense and will employ a similar one. I think he did not shoot down the speculation because he was told to stay mum by USCe.

Even if he did have a problem with Gus, I don't think Will is the kind of person to bash another coach in an open forum. Especially in his intro presser. That said, I don't believe they ever had a problem with each other.

I still think the Press originated it, not Will, not his agent, the writers. As I've pointed out elsewhere, it conveniently came on the heels of another DC actually leaving and made that news basically a footnote.

Elaborate?

It's the first or last day of the week, depending on who you ask. Also, money can be exchanged for goods and services.

Elaborate?

It's the first or last day of the week, depending on who you ask. Also, money can be exchanged for goods and services.

Stores typically close earlier and depending the location, alcohol may or may not be sold retail.

There's a lot of Twitter chatter from AUburn people about Kelly coming to AUburn. K Kolumbo has retweeted about Kelly being the DC so his being Muschamp's replacement is picking up steam.

70/30 is more like it. I would love to get Kelly. However, if this does not pan out, there are plenty very good DCs out there that would love to come to Auburn.

My guess is that now that XCWM has settled down and seeing what is really going on in Columbia, he wishes he would stayed at Auburn. Just a hunch. I hope he does well at USC, I honestly do now that I have gotten over the anger that I felt when he left.

He is taking over a program that is in sad condition. Not even the fun-n-gun hero could get the fowl birds back on track. I hope we eat his lunch when it comes to recruiting. I would think that recruits would be nervous in that XCWM has not had a track record of finishing the jobs he started at UF, Auburn, and now the fowl birds.

I don't why you have a problem with people having hope.

In the end, he may be right and Kelly stays put. But this deal is far from over. There's no reason to act as if it is.

You and I have no bearing on the matter. What happens, happens.

I didn't say we did. I'm saying there is no reason for you to act as if you have definitive information when you don't. Right now, Kelly is of the mind to stay put. But he's still talking to Auburn. He could easily shut the conversation down and say his decision is final. He has not done that. So let's not act as if it's a foregone conclusion.

Never said I had "definitive information" so don't twist my words. I only related two conversations that my cousin had with CK's father-in-law who has a vested interest in his decision. You say that "he's still talking to Auburn". My guess is that AU is talking to him, not vice versa until the magic $ number is mentioned, THEN he might seriously reconsider the move. Bad move on our part. The appearance this gives is that we're chasing him rather than the reverse. We did this with Muschamp...and it backfired eventually.

Conversations will continue until AU shuts it down, not CK, at least this is how smart decisions are made. Btw, you keep mentioning other pay sites who have a vested interest in your clicks, not the outcome. Whatever they can do to continue a story helps their bottom line, not AU's. According to 247 another "prominent FBS DC" has Malzahn's attention so go click away until your heart's content. We'll ALL know when we know and how much more we're having to pay the new DC.

WDE !!!

Do I owe you a hat Sir Tipper? My memory is horrible these days with trying to keep up with what the program is doing. One thing for sure is that Auburn always has something interesting going on just about any day. That is one of the reasons I love Auburn. I find that old timers like us who have been on this board for many years, have a much better appreciation for things than the newbies on this site.

70/30 is more like it. I would love to get Kelly. However, if this does not pan out, there are plenty very good DCs out there that would love to come to Auburn.

My guess is that now that XCWM has settled down and seeing what is really going on in Columbia, he wishes he would stayed at Auburn. Just a hunch. I hope he does well at USC, I honestly do now that I have gotten over the anger that I felt when he left.

He is taking over a program that is in sad condition. Not even the fun-n-gun hero could get the fowl birds back on track. I hope we eat his lunch when it comes to recruiting. I would think that recruits would be nervous in that XCWM has not had a track record of finishing the jobs he started at UF, Auburn, and now the fowl birds.

And Spurrier did not leave him with any of the top 25 recruits in the state.

And Spurrier did not leave him with any of the top 25 recruits in the state.

I'll be he and TRob are going after Florida and Georgia players they were recruiting for us and they are not that worried about SC players.

Auburn doesn't go head to head with Carolina on many recruits. Their main concern is with Clemson.

Auburn doesn't go head to head with Carolina on many recruits. Their main concern is with Clemson.

I think we will now...

In the end, he may be right and Kelly stays put. But this deal is far from over. There's no reason to act as if it is.

I didn't say we did. I'm saying there is no reason for you to act as if you have definitive information when you don't. Right now, Kelly is of the mind to stay put. But he's still talking to Auburn. He could easily shut the conversation down and say his decision is final. He has not done that. So let's not act as if it's a foregone conclusion.

Never said I had "definitive information" so don't twist my words. I only related two conversations that my cousin had with CK's father-in-law who has a vested interest in his decision. You say that "he's still talking to Auburn". My guess is that AU is talking to him, not vice versa until the magic $ number is mentioned, THEN he might seriously reconsider the move. Bad move on our part. The appearance this gives is that we're chasing him rather than the reverse. We did this with Muschamp...and it backfired eventually.

Conversations will continue until AU shuts it down, not CK, at least this is how smart decisions are made. Btw, you keep mentioning other pay sites who have a vested interest in your clicks, not the outcome. Whatever they can do to continue a story helps their bottom line, not AU's. According to 247 another "prominent FBS DC" has Malzahn's attention so go click away until your heart's content. We'll ALL know when we know and how much more we're having to pay the new DC.

WDE !!!

I'm not twisting your words. I'm using your actual words. Just because you didn't use the word "definitive" in your post doesn't mean that isn't what you were doing. Your quotes:

"You're straining at gnats. He's not coming to AU."

"Read post above yours. He ain't comin'."

"Like my cousin told me, CK is staying at FSU."

That is the very definition of making definitive statements. If what you meant was, "He's still listening to Auburn/Gus but as of now his intention is to stay at FSU", then that is what you should have said.

My statements were conjecture, not a statement of "fact". Learn the difference.

I didn't say they were a statement of fact. I said you were acting as if you had definitive information. And you were.

You don't know the meaning of the word "conjecture" do you ? Look it up or get a refund on your tuition.

Statement of fact = definitive information. smh You're tripping over your own words.

Give it a rest pal. You're wayyy too emotionally invested in this.

I think we will now...

maybe this year...but after that don't see it happening much.

WDE !!!

Do I owe you a hat Sir Tipper? My memory is horrible these days with trying to keep up with what the program is doing. One thing for sure is that Auburn always has something interesting going on just about any day. That is one of the reasons I love Auburn. I find that old timers like us who have been on this board for many years, have a much better appreciation for things than the newbies on this site.

Don't worry about the cap (from our bet about Tennessee not having a winning season. 3 years ago I think ? LOL I have more fun reminding you.

If you want to go double or nothing to clear the slate I'm okay with that. Also okay with reminding you every year or so. lol

WDE !!!

Archived