Men vs. Xavier - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we can close the gap with great shooting. I would love to keep the pressure on them and win it in the end

In case you missed it. Shamsid-Deen hurt his right shoulder in the first half. Jason Caldwell tweeted that he came out of the locker room for the 2nd half holding his jersey. He's not likely to play any more today.

Waddell on the floor for Auburn. Curious why we haven't seen Granger today. I don't recall him playing at all yet today.

missing too many open shots....

PS...and Bruce not happy with D the last couple times down court....and all of a sudden we're down 17

Waddell on the floor for Auburn. Curious why we haven't seen Granger today. I don't recall him playing at all yet today.

He had an ally oop in the first half.

Xavier already in the bonus 6 minutes into the second half. Should have known better than to even hope for a fair game against a top 10 team on the road. No chance against a top 10 team and the refs.

Doesn't look like Auburn's day on the court.

Just a product of playing a very good team. Not quite AU-UK from last year, but kind of close. AU is overmatched in every way here. Shooting, rebounding, defense, size, you name it. AU has to force things to get shots and they aren't falling. Not really something anyone should have expected to be any different. Just an indication of how far AU has to go in order to make the NCAA tournament.

It's not a "bad" game for AU. A bad game would be one where they were completely out of it at the half. They were certain in it. Depth and talent will show itself (already starting to) at this point in the game.

And Harris just picked up his 5th and is done for the game. Just not out day folks.

And atleast 3 of the 5 should likely have not been fouls. Fouled out with 12 minutes left. Unreal. These refs have decided to not let anyone play defense.

And Harris just picked up his 5th and is done for the game. Just not out day folks.

And atleast 3 of the 5 should likely have not been fouls. Fouled out with 12 minutes left. Unreal. These refs have decided to not let anyone play defense.

It's the new rules. But the issue I've had is they are super inconsistent calling them.

Archived