Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

42 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Going to a Bammer/FSU party Friday down at Port Saint Joe.... hate both almost equally.... cheap folks. Bring your own beer and they are cooking hot dogs. Going with a song in mind

23 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Excellent work in the time provided.

17 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

A good Auburn party means ribs, chicken, wine and beer on site.

My apology (for lack of clarity) is in order. 

Excellent choice of song, by an artist that didn't get to make many.

Sounds like a downer party? Hang in there.

Suspect that you may hear from Mr. Golf. I gather he likes "operator" (2nd song you presented, and also a good one).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Going to a Bammer/FSU party Friday down at Port Saint Joe.... hate both almost equally.... cheap folks. Bring your own beer and they are cooking hot dogs. Going with a song in mind

Wow. These people must be making up serious karma points elsewhere in their lives if you're making the drive. 

As for the game, the good news is that somebody's going home disappointed. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

One of my all time favorite singers damn he died to young...........................................

10 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

My apology (for lack of clarity) is in order. 

Excellent choice of song, by an artist that didn't get to make many.

Sounds like a downer party? Hang in there.

Suspect that you may hear from Mr. Golf. I gather he likes "operator" (2nd song you presented, and also a good one).

yep I'm a huge huge fan of Jim

6 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Excellent...Love all his stuff.  

I know I've it here before but my biggest regret is never getting to see him in concert. I would swap 100 of my concerts to attend one of his

On 8/11/2017 at 9:15 PM, SaltyTiger said:

joy to the world.....love this old stuff. 

Thanks.

Sorry. Not your fault, but could not like.

OK (right fun) song, by one of my favorite groups of the time but, summer of '71, seemed the radio could find nothing else to play.  Swear some stations were playing it once/twice an hour and, if one switched stations, one would find it again, and again. Maybe my employment in the potato mines contributed to the sheer drudgery of that summer, but it was dreary. Much enjoyed the song at first, but it wore on me in a lasting way. 

ETA some underlines.

Edited by AUld fAUx@

On 8/11/2017 at 9:41 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Known about him, but never listened. Someone told me to check this album out, and it's about all I've listened to this week. 

Thanks. Possibly out of ignorance of the genre, I don't expect much in the way of musical elements? Especially that first cut, so many disparate elements intricately woven, I was expecting chaos that never got there.

Only excuse I got for camping out in this thread - Stuck inside of 'Loosa with the Fairhope Blues again (or still). With limited TV, no stereo, my library already moved, and ratty internet, however, I was forced to listen to new music ("BamaBluegrass" on Ala. Public Radio). Good stuff there; two groups that I will explore further:

10 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Thanks. Possibly out of ignorance of the genre, I don't expect much in the way of musical elements? Especially that first cut, so many disparate elements intricately woven, I was expecting chaos that never got there

If you haven't listened to either that album, his first album 10 Day, or his new one, Coloring Book, you're really missing out. Guy is the next big thing in rap. 

• Thanks 1

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 11:00 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Thanks. Possibly out of ignorance of the genre, I don't expect much in the way of musical elements? Especially that first cut, so many disparate elements intricately woven, I was expecting chaos that never got there.

Stop thinking about it so much. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1