Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

On 8/19/2017 at 8:32 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Song that Mrs salty and I (35 years) dance to when heard anywhere. Did this afternoon.

Got to admit, though, some contemporaneous dances were downright silly.

Remember The Monkey?

• Like 1

On 8/20/2017 at 8:18 PM, augolf1716 said:

OK I am a huge huge and mean huge fan of Buddy Holly expect more posts of Buddy's songs in the next few days. 

Crickets

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 9:41 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Just for the eclipse today. 

Dammit Mr(?) Salty. Stole some of my thunder? Hate to repeat things, but had put my "how I spent my summer" theme together before I ran into this before I got here, and I'm not gonna change it now. (Aside - Remember Ms. McGough's "Bill" solo?)

“Sort’a Epic*” (extended) weekend.

[*My first (ever!) total solar deserves “epic” without qualification. Huckleberry Knob (NC) provided full view of both approaching umbral shadow and overhead totality/corona.

Trek there, however, pushed my old self a bit. Our base camp (little brother’s lakeside ~Murrayville, GA) required a 3 a.m. wakeup, and my insistence on a case of beer made me the (old, sway-backed) mule for a (~1.7-mi., ~800-ft elev.) hike. The kids did allow me to lag behind them.]

• Like 2

^^ and an earlier (pre-McDonald, I believe) incarnation of the group takin' it away from the streets:

Probably more appropriate to a bit later on a Friday night, but this old fart may well be in bed by then. (Aside to Mr. Bens, sir - Can I consider this at least rudimentary ProgRock, w./training wheels? or have I still not got that?)

i just got home from the Jason Isbell concert. enjoyed it but not as much as last september in b'ham. surprised at the set he chose.

8 hours ago, alexava said:

i just got home from the Jason Isbell concert. enjoyed it but not as much as last september in b'ham. surprised at the set he chose.

Do tell.

No matter how hard I try, I get into the new album as much as some previous ones. It has a couple songs that are as good as anything he's done IMO, but overall... just not as solid as the last couple. 

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Do tell.

No matter how hard I try, I get into the new album as much as some previous ones. It has a couple songs that are as good as anything he's done IMO, but overall... just not as solid as the last couple. 

At first i didn't get into the new one but kept listening and like all the songs. but you are right not as much as the last two. he played nearly all the new ones last night except ' Tupelo' so i guess had to leave others off. Overall it was very rocked out and guitar heavy.  He played 'Whippin Post' last song. it was cool but i can name probably 10 of his i'd prefer. He also played Super 8. i don't care for that one. No Children of Children or Speed Trap Town. Amanda opened and i did like her. although i can't understand a word she sings or speaks.

Edited by alexava
  • Like 1

@McLoofus I was told Isbell played at Humphries Bar and Grill after the concert. I would have damn sure waded my way in there if i had known that. I bet he rocked that joint out with the acoustics.

12 hours ago, alexava said:

@McLoofus I was told Isbell played at Humphries Bar and Grill after the concert. I would have damn sure waded my way in there if i had known that. I bet he rocked that joint out with the acoustics.

Aw man! Lucky crowd