Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Ever seen the ukulele played like this guy plays it?

Not bad. How about chello players like this? I had tickets to see these guys in Atlanta last year and they cancelled the tour 2 weeks before the show.

2Cellos

Doesn't get good til a minute in, then you're in for a surprise ;D

They were huge back in the day.

This sounds like a creepy stalker but I could watch/listen to Jimmy Page play all day. He's like a weird amalgam of Yngwie (technical) and Hendrix (experimental) rolled up with the soul of a bluesman

He was influenced by the blues, so many of the UK bands of that time were. The Stones, LZ, Faces and even Fleetwood Mac when Welch was involved. Europe, in general, has a better grasp of our roots music than many Americans do.

Edited by telling tiger

He was influenced by the blues, so many of the UK bands of that time were. The Stones, LZ, Faces and even Fleetwood Mac when Welch was involved. Europe, in general, has a better grasp of our roots music than many Americans do.

You want "American" music? Listen to blues, jazz and gospel. Beyond recognizing talent, I don't much care for gospel. Blues and jazz....well, break out the whiskey and let's sit down and have an evening. Sure, every now and again I'll get suckered by a pop hook but the lack of depth is what really bothers me about most current music. I sound like my parents, but you didn't used to have to dig to find good musicians and artists. Grr...we've touched upon a pet peeve of mine

We've had these discussions before in private tt. This was not a dig at you at all.

Exactly what has lead to the huge growth of Americana, Red Dirt and a half dozen other smaller genres of music....A huge audience has shifted back to a singer/songwriter or several songwriters within a band. Far more people seek content instead of schlock these days.

The dance-ish/kiddie/top 40 crap will be there, too much money to be made not to be. Content is there for those who seek it.

Americana is great and you've opened my ears to the genre but I want my blues-based guitar rock & roll back. My hope is that the cycle has been reset and we're moving back that direction. I'm no musician, producer, and may be partially tone deaf when singing :laugh:, but you can tell when an artist believes in what their doing and not just looking for a paycheck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasting_Light

The band went for a heavier and rawer sound to contrast with the musical experiments from their previous albums, and most of the lyrics were written as Grohl reflected upon his life and possible future.

And to stay on topic

The best answer I can give is from some of Bruce's lyrics, "them jobs are going boys and they ain't coming back"...lol.

Blues based rock is and has been hard to find for a while. The pendulum will swing back at some point, to some degree. It will have evolved for better or worse, by the time it gets back....

Another Bruce line, paraphrased, we all have our Glory Days.

Selias, not going to satisfy your inner head banger, but will damn well take care of your blues rock guitar. Learned at the feet of some of the masters....They have the top of Americana airplay chart spins right now.

Also, someone mentioned Blackberry Smoke a while back....They have some strong blues based old time southern rock sounds. A certain amount of Allman's in them....One hell of a live performance, they put on....

Not even fair to say, "he learned at the feet of the masters".....heck, he was born of the masters...Born that way.

Agreed, but he did cut his teeth playing with Greg Allman and Warren Haynes. He had to be very good already to get there, but I'm sure he learned a lot from them.

Blackberry Smoke (I posted earlier) is more of a bluesy country. If you want bluesy rock, see the Steepwater Band I also posted earlier. Fantastic Allman Bros type bluesy rock.

Blackberry Smoke TO ME has a load of Allman sound.....That B-3 helps....no doubt.

They do, but there are essentially 2 different Allman Brothers sounds. There's the Blue Sky, Jessica,, Little Martha sound that's more of a jam band sound (closer to Blackberry Smoke) and then there is the Old Friend, Whippin Post, One Way Out sound that is closer to the Steepwater Band.

Did you ever catch that doc I told you about, This Ain't no Mouse Music?

The guy is doing the work of Alan Lomax and old man Carter. Important stuff.