Auburn @ Ole Miss Game 3

Mize with a great first inning, works around 2 Auburn errors to hold it scoreless in Oxford after 1. In a forgettable season so far, looking forward to at least seeing Mize and a few other freshman arms maybe get a heavier workload the last third of the season.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine how the errors are not destroying the pitching staff. It's not just the unearned runs that result....but the many times a pitcher makes an "out " pitch only top see the guy over on first base and has to face the next batter in a stressful situation.

I addition to the runs given up, the errors yesterday probably added about 25-30 pitches to the total the guys had to make from the mound....and takes an inning or two off the duration that the pitcher can be effective. ...which in most cases forces us to go to an unreliable bull pen.

And so today we are back to that same scenario. Hopefully the offense can over-ride the defensive liabilities....kinda reminds me of football the last few years.

Kyler Deese with an RBI ground-rule double that hugs the LF line. 3-0 Tigers with still only 1 out in the inning.

Well that was quick.....OM makes a pitching change in the 2nd. Johnson was a high risk start for them and I'm glad the Tigers got to him right away.

I can't imagine how the errors are not destroying the pitching staff. It's not just the unearned runs that result....but the many times a pitcher makes an "out " pitch only top see the guy over on first base and has to face the next batter in a stressful situation.

I addition to the runs given up, the errors yesterday probably added about 25-30 pitches to the total the guys had to make from the mound....and takes an inning or two off the duration that the pitcher can be effective. ...which in most cases forces us to go to an unreliable bull pen.

And so today we are back to that same scenario. Hopefully the offense can over-ride the defensive liabilities....kinda reminds me of football the last few years.

Agreed. Already 8 errors this series alone. And over half of them I've seen have been trying to make a play harder than it needs to be, it seems. Had a couple in the infield the other night that appeared to just require a stop, plant, and throw, but turned into a throw on the run against the body.

The Ole Miss reliever comes in and stops the bleeding, but not before AU puts up 4 in the inning. Four probably won't be enough to win this, but it feels good to get a head start for once and not playing catch-up. To B2 we go, Tigers up 4-0

Please bench 43!! He is killing the team !

Oops...another two errors by Deese loads the bases with two outs...Working Mize to death but he has hung in there and gets out of the inning.

AU still up 4-0

Deese redeems himself with a great play at third, goes up and gets the ball off the chopper, and gets the out at 1st. AU keeps Ole Miss off the board and hopefully that play gets rid of Kyler's yips.

Wasting Mize's arm....

Man that was a tall pop fly but handled nicely by Gray to end the inning for OM. Mize looking great thus far

Archived