Baseball vs Miss State

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That surely has to be an AUF first ... "Poor little muffin" ... That is pure gold TT! Well done!

I'm a' thinkin' that po lil muffin came out of the oven half-baked.

I recall when some folks went nuts when Sunny told some players they did not have wining attitudes.

Well I hope people will be more understanding when Butch does the same with some guys who played this year...and need to move on. Butch will need to be a bit cold blooded about what it is going to take .

That wasn't the problem with Sunny. It was HOW he told them. It's one thing to be honest and forthright. It's quite another to demean a college kid and destroy his self confidence. Cruelty has no place in coaching at any level.

These kids don't believe in themselves. They don't trust Butch yet and they don't have any chemistry as a team. They don't seem to have a leader either. They just seem kind of lost.

Just like the program in general....lost. Sunny was a hard ass and didn't make people happy, but his team went to a regional last season. I'm glad he's gone....but this year has been a total meltdown. A few, albeit rare bright spots. The wheels on this bus came off when Renfroe was let go too soon...and the bus has now crashed and burned.

Amen ! The wheels of the baseball and basketball programs both came off when Ed Richardson fired Cliff and Steve. Both programs have been in a funk ever since with the exception of 2 good baseball seasons and one basketball when Lebo got the team into the NIT.

Amen ! The wheels of the baseball and basketball programs both came off when Ed Richardson fired Cliff and Steve. Both programs have been in a funk ever since with the exception of 2 good baseball seasons and one basketball when Lebo got the team into the NIT.

I'll agree that Renfroe was fired too early. He should have been given more time. That's possibly true of Tom Slater too. The only reason Pawloski had anything like a successful year was because Slater recruited and signed all those big hitters. As soon as they were gone Coach Paw's ship sank.

I don't think we're prepared for small ball. When the game changed with the bats in 2010 I think it was...we did not adapt or something..just lots went wrong

I'll agree that Renfroe was fired too early. He should have been given more time. That's possibly true of Tom Slater too. The only reason Pawloski had anything like a successful year was because Slater recruited and signed all those big hitters. As soon as they were gone Coach Paw's ship sank.

Renfroe should have never been a HC in the SEC. Another Baptist Church small group superstar. Have you checked what he's doing at Briarwood? Good Lord, he can't even get a coaching job in the largest high school classification in Alabama. Wonder how many times he's applied at Vestavia.....

Renfroe should have never been a HC in the SEC. Another Baptist Church small group superstar. Have you checked what he's doing at Briarwood? Good Lord, he can't even get a coaching job in the largest high school classification in Alabama. Wonder how many times he's applied at Vestavia.....

Regardless of what you think of him we didn't give him a chance to prove it one way or the other. Look at what we've done since........

He may not have been much but he's better than what we've been struggling with since he left. The record pretty much verifies that. Renfroe's teams made it to the playoffs twice in four years. We've only been there three times in the 11 years since Renfroe was let go. Whatever level Renfroe was on, we've been below that level ever since.

We keep shopping for the newest shiny toy...then quickly lose interest when there is disappointment...so let's start a pool...Will Butch still be here in 4 years ?

We keep shopping for the newest shiny toy...then quickly lose interest when there is disappointment...so let's start a pool...Will Butch still be here in 4 years ?

I think so, but that's because I believe that Butch will be a quality coach for Auburn and will put winning teams on the field.

I think so, but that's because I believe that Butch will be a quality coach for Auburn and will put winning teams on the field.

So I should count you a yes......OK that's good.

The two previous guys had better coaching success prior to arriving at AU....but hope you are right though the definition of "winning team" should mean hitting the NCAA tourney by the season after next.

+1

Archived