2016 Auburn Soccer

aucanucktiger

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice start to the season.  If anybody going to the Clemson game wanted to make a long weekend at Auburn, it looks like you could catch the soccer game on Friday against Iowa State and Sunday against USC.

Not the weekend they needed. No offense at all (hey, where did I hear that before?). Shutout in both games and no finish in the attacks they do generate. Leek had two very good chances against USC she should have finished and didn't. I only saw the second half of the Iowa game and there was no attack in that one. 

Still time to make noise in the SEC but someone is going to have to light a fire in this team. Lots of these girls had success last year, they just haven't found that magic yet. 

I thought they had a tough time finishing last year.  This year seems similar.  There is at least one frosh playing on the wing and the other wing is a soph.  Maybe they just need a little more time for composure.  

Better find the back of the net quick cuz I think our D is a little lesser this year ... Although it is still pretty good

Good first half vs Vandy. Attack is a bit more organized and they got a couple of good chances. One turned into a penalty which Brooke Ramsier converted. Go get that win!

So, almost 2-0 AGAIN. Dodson with a nice flick on to Brooke again but she hits the crossbar. The feline is collected but the Vandy keeper saves. 

More pressure from AU and they hit the crossbar again on a bending shot from outside box. Got to have one of these go in. Corner now for AU. Nothing comes of it though. 

1-0 23:54 left. 

So many great chances.  Hit the crossbar twice.  Auburn winning the ball battles.

2-0! Casie plays in a ball after a nice turn, defender didn't clear well, Dodson collects and shoots it home!

But Vandy responds very quickly to bring it back 2-1. Le Beau might should have had that one but it came pretty quick from the cross. 15 min left.

Vandy putting the pressure on with 9 min to go. On SEC Network if anyone wants to watch the finish.

Vandy with a corner. AU can't clear it. Long cross From Vandy that's headed JUST past the post.

Now AU has a free kick just outside the top of the box.

Right now, with 3 min to go, AU has had most of the ball, with little gas left in Vandy's tank it seems. But they have a free kick from a ways out that Le Beau saves.

It's vuvuzela night at AU and it's not as bad as the WC in 2008, but it's still bad.

But AU holds on for the 2-1 win. Much better performance from the front 3. Unlucky not to have more goals. 

• 2 weeks later...

Auburn just beat #12 Florida in Gainesville 3-0!!!! HUGE WIN! !!! Fantastic defensive effort.  1st EVER win in Gainesville 

WAR EAGLE :jump:

The game was 1-nil until about 10 mins left.  A lovely cross and header on a corner made it 2. About 3 mins later, Auburn contested the goalie around mid field on a ball and deflected the ball past her and scored on an empty net near 30 yards away.

Played a truly outstanding game defensively tonight. Everyone was in position and gave UF nothing. LeBeau was brilliant in net and the CBs swarmed every attack. I felt the UF keeper deserved a red card for the very dangerous tackle on Dodson on her final goal. I hope she can recover because she has been the offense for AU of late,

Great win!

It truly was a bad foul by the goalie.  Lebeau had some great saves off good shots by Florida. The save at point blank one timer was incredible. 

Archived