2016 Auburn Soccer

aucanucktiger

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

AU will get an NCAA slot and probably host a round?

I would expect them to host round one at least. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all of the updates from last night, Jared, both is soccer and VB.  Even though you don't get many responses, people do appreciate your effort.  Too bad we couldn't pull them off.

Hope AU pulls things together.  That Arky loss was not a good thing.....coach let a foul-prone player stay in the game after she got a yellow card and not long after she got another and was benched leaving the team short handed for most of the half....which Arky took advantage of. 

Don't know if  it is the coach or the players but watching AU play, they seem to get rattled when they get behind, lose cohesion or something and with so little substitution, the AU teams often seem to run out of gas at the end of games. 

Anyway,  U of South Alabama is a very beatable team at noon on Saturday but after that, things will definitely get tougher.  We have some tremendous players....just hoping the coach is getting the most out of them.

Auburn has responded well to losses this year. I'm not too worried about Hoppa's tactics or AU's response to adversity. After the first Arky goal, where Le Beau was clearly fouled (but also could have chosen to punch it out instead of catching it), AU responded well. The second goal was AU racing back to cover, and the foul was in the very top right corner of the box, and they were no threat to score, so it was just a bad decision. The last goal was because AU was pushing defenders up and got caught out in a last ditch effort to win. If AU doesn't give the penalty, I believe they win. That penalty (it was the correct call, but the ref was wildly inconsistent all day, and I hope AU doesn't see him again) was the difference.

5 hours ago, jared52 said:

Auburn has responded well to losses this year. I'm not too worried about Hoppa's tactics or AU's response to adversity. After the first Arky goal, where Le Beau was clearly fouled (but also could have chosen to punch it out instead of catching it), AU responded well. The second goal was AU racing back to cover, and the foul was in the very top right corner of the box, and they were no threat to score, so it was just a bad decision. The last goal was because AU was pushing defenders up and got caught out in a last ditch effort to win. If AU doesn't give the penalty, I believe they win. That penalty (it was the correct call, but the ref was wildly inconsistent all day, and I hope AU doesn't see him again) was the difference.

Looking for a consistent game on Saturday.  Otherwise my comments were sorta based on a conversation with a player's mom....who "might" not be totally objective but she is definitely knowledgeable about soccer and expressed a few concerns.

Thanks for the comments.....WE

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Looking for a consistent game on Saturday.  Otherwise my comments were sorta based on a conversation with a player's mom....who "might" not be totally objective but she is definitely knowledgeable about soccer and expressed a few concerns.

Thanks for the comments.....WE

I'm sure they know way more than me for sure. Leaving Bateson in was risky because she was good for a yellow card on pointless fouls quite often. But she's a good defender who is learning. I'm sure Hoppa regrets not being more careful, but I am sure she will learn from it and they will be prepared for Saturday, this team has a great group of senior leaders who I expect have dealt with Batson's mistake and they will be ready for the NCAA tournament. And we are planning to be there!

Hopefully the girls will start a good Auburn Saturday with a win to advance. 

Good first half. AU had a couple of good chances and finally put one home with about 2 min to go in the half. I'm at the game so not updating frequently. AU had the lion's share of the possession but USA is dangerous on the counter. So far, they haven't produced much from it though. 

That was cheeky! Brooke gets a pass at the top left of the box and chips one over the keeper to the back corner of the net. 3-0 AU

On a sour note, just before that, Samantha Soloru hurt her left knee or ankle defending a pass and doesn't seem to be able to put weight on it. She's a big factor at LB. 

Saw the first half, but missed all the fun in the 2nd half it seems. Great win. Glad they found the scoring touch again. 

Fun day on the plains (in spite of the other football game)! The kids got to go on the field after the game and Taylor Trottman came over to my 5 year old and played with him for a while until they shut it down. Got to talk to a few of the girls and Coach Hoppa as well. 

Wow. 1 min in and UCONN rips one from the top of the box to the left side of the net and UCONN takes an early lead 1-0. Bad defense and goal keeping all around on that play.

AU answers as Dodson is sent in from the left side and takes the keeper to her left for a goal! 1-1, 3'.

C. Ramsier sent Dodson in with a brilliant header from 35 yards out off a long pass from a steal at midfield.

Good to see Samantha Soloru playing. She went down in the USA game and didn't seem to be putting weight on her left leg. She's going to be important playing that LB/LWB position, her speed really opens up the outside.

Close again! Dodson gets through on the left but a slightly extra heavy touch gets too close to the keeper and she's able to save it. 1-1 20'

GOAL! Brooke Ramsier serves up a perfect corner to the just subbed in Montini who heads it home for her first goal of the season! 2-1 AU 39'

GOAL!! Text won't ever describe how perfect this one was. The ball was chipped into the top of the box to Dodson who controls it deftly, drops back to her left to Casey Ramsier who one touches it to her twin Brooke who spins one into the top left off the post and in. 3-1 AU 41'

That was quick followed by another great chance for AU as Montini sends Ramsier in but the keeper is able to take it off her foot.

Another so close! Ramsier puts the ball into the right side of the box to Folds who pulls it back to beat the defender but her left footed try goes just wide of the left post. 

That takes us to half time. AU on the front foot for sure. 3-1.

Archived