2016 Auburn Volleyball

dave69

What has happened to Auburn's volleyball team.  At the end of last season I was encouraged by the fact the team was playing well with several young (freshmen and sophomore) players.  So far this year there is no aspect of their game that resembles last year's team.  They started out with very poor serving stats but have improved on that but they make a lot of misplays receiving relatively easy serves, they make too many over-passes on digs, their sets are inconsistent and too low and too far from the net, and their spikes are often weak and too often into the net (perhaps because of the low sets).  They also don't do a good job of anticipating over-passes from the opposition and therefore dink the ball back instead of slamming to the deck.

I don't have a current RPI list but if you use the last one (Dec of 2015) Auburn is ranked higher than any of their opponents this year (except for Pacific who was 1 point better) and have lost our first three games at home and barely beat Kennesaw State tonight by a score of 3-2 and they were ranked about 50 points below Auburn.

I watched the games on ESPN3 or WatchESPN and the commentators do a good job of describing the action but the video has no scoreboard insert and the commentators only give the score 2 or 3 times per set which makes it a little tough to follow.

I love watching team volleyball and consider it one of the more exciting spectator sports.  I certainly hope Auburn turns their season around.

I started watching some games last year and thought I would attend some this year.  After watching the first two on tv I lost interest.  I hate to be a fair weather type fan but it is frustrating to see them make so many errors.  In one game they failed on 3 serves in succession.  Would be nice if they could up their quality of play.  Coaching? Execution?  When there is a good product, as we see in gymnastics and softball, the fans will support the team via their attendance.  Agree with dave69.

• 2 weeks later...
On September 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Bekkka said:

I can shoot a game with such a device: https://yepo.com.au/cp-pt-000311-dji-phantom-4-drone.htm? Or is it forbidden?

Good luck bringing that into the gymnasium. Interesting equipment though. 

• 4 weeks later...

UGA at AU. AU is 9-10 overall, 3-3 in conference. A bit of a winning streak. 

1st Set, AU up 11-4.

18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Heard uga is not very good think their 1-5 in the SEC we've actually been playing pretty well lately

Yep. Their overall is 13-6 I think. I believe they started 12-1 and then have gone 1-5 in conference play. 

47 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Heard uga is not very good think their 1-5 in the SEC we've actually been playing pretty well lately

Hadn't won and SEC match since 2014 before last weekend. AU dominated them tonight. 

Archived