Ole Miss

McLoofus

29 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree with Lion on his comment.....what passes for a "trial" has already happened behind closed doors.....NCAA is a Kangaroo Court for the most part and what is left now is equivalent to the Penalty Phase....where the guilty party (Ole Miss in this case) tries to find ways to limit the damage....like voluntarily taking a Bowl ban and hoping that will satisfy the NCAA...which it won't in this case since those magic words..."lack of institutional control" have been spoken and that's a big deal. 

I could be wrong but I don't think OM is going to find many character witnesses to speak up and plead for mercy on their behalf.   SEC is cut throat and everyone in the West in particular will be happy to see them eliminated from serious contention for a few years....or more. 

Indeed.  OM went head to head with Urban Meyer at OSU and Dabo Swinney at CU.....Those coaches won't be willing to help Hugh Freeze either.  He is SOL if he's hoping another program comes to his defense.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, keesler said:

Indeed.  OM went head to head with Urban Meyer at OSU and Dabo Swinney at CU.....Those coaches won't be willing to help Hugh Freeze either.  He is SOL if he's hoping another program comes to his defense.

Maybe Leigh Anne Tuohy will come to his rescue.

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

really????? tell me about it 

Like I need to tell you????

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Image result for old man fight gif

is that phillip marshall and cecil hurt fighting?

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

is that phillip marshall and cecil hurt fighting?

It wasn't before, but it is now, because it makes me really happy to think about that. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

It wasn't before, but it is now, because it makes me really happy to think about that. 

P marsh is a giant he would WRECK that bama mouthpiece! haha

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

P marsh is a giant he would WRECK that bama mouthpiece! haha

In that case the thought makes me even happier. 

On 3/1/2017 at 2:39 PM, lionheartkc said:

Maybe Leigh Anne Tuohy will come to his rescue.

I would rather have Sandra Bullock portraying Leigh Anne Tuohy come to my rescue.

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I would rather have Sandra Bullock portraying Leigh Anne Tuohy come to my rescue.

Have you seen Leigh Anne Touhy?  The Tuohy women are no slouches when it comes to looks.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Have you seen Leigh Anne Touhy?  The Tuohy women are no slouches when it comes to looks.

No, I haven't  but neither is Sandra Bullock.

32 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

meh

I'm not her biggest fan

To each his own... I think she looks pretty darn good for 56. Of course, Sandy is 52, but she's got all the magic Hollywood elves to keep her looking good.

• 4 months later...

Houston Nutt suing Ole Miss and its Athletic Foundation

Former Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt has filed a lawsuit against Ole Miss along with the university's athletics foundation and Board of Trustees on Wednesday for breaching its 2011 severance agreement. Specifically, Nutt's lawsuit claims that current Rebels coach Hugh Freeze and athletic director Ross Bjork created a "false narrative" of Nutt's alleged involvement in the university's ongoing case with the NCAA. 

Nutt, who coached at Ole Miss from 2008-11, is seeking punitive damages for what he calls a "smear campaign" against him. 

The lawsuit, which can be read in its entirety here, goes particularly deep into the school's alleged efforts to pin its NCAA investigation largely on Nutt. It claims "certain members of the Ole MissControl Group, Coach Freeze, AD Bjork, and [associate AD Kyle] Campbell reached an agreement in 2014 to carry out carefully orchestrated misinformation campaign, the specific purpose of which was to mislead the media, Ole Miss boosters, and potential recruiting prospects about the true nature of the matters that were being investigated by the NCAA."

The suit also takes a stance on the stories that developed following the Notice of Allegations. Pat Forde of Yahoo Sports reports "Citing phone records obtained from the school, the suit details numerous 'off the record' communications in January '16 from Freeze and Bjork to media members that allegedly influenced reporting on the NOA, resulting in stories and social media posts that portrayed the violations as having primarily occurred during Nutt's tenure."

However, when the NOA was made public, a majority of the allegations were found to have happened under Freeze.

In all, Ole Miss has been accused of 21 violations football program, some of which the school has acknowledged. However, it has fought the lack of institutional control charge and has been a public supporter of Freeze in a possible failure to monitor situation. 

Freeze is scheduled to speak at SEC Media Days on Thursday. He was already expected to be asked about the ongoing NCAA situation anyway -- the university is expected to appear in front of the NCAA's committee on infractions later this year -- but now, the lawsuit and the NCAA case will almost certainly be the No. 1 topic of questioning. 

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/houston-nutt-files-lawsuit-against-ole-miss-and-its-athletics-foundation/

Here is a direct link to the lawsuit. Interesting read.

https://www.scribd.com/document/353605519/Houston-Nutt-s-lawsuit-against-Ole-Miss#from_embed

13 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Pretty damning stuff for Freeze.  Not sure he survives much longer. 

That what I was thinking also. Curious how his appearance will go tomorrow at Media Day.

2 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

That what I was thinking also. Curious how his appearance will go tomorrow at Media Day.

My guess is not well.  Savvy move by Nutt's lawyers to put this out today.  

Freeze will pass all questions about the NCAA stuff and say the school is handling It, while he is there to just talk about 2017-18 football. JMO

my initial thought when seeing the lawsuit was that i guess Nutt has given up any hope of getting another head coaching job. No way someone would hire him after he sues an old employer but he probably wasn't getting one anyway.....but really its been 6 years why the long wait to sue? They can't still be running a smear campaign against him can they?

This will certainly damn the NCAA investigation just like the Nevin Shapiro trial blew up the case against Miami.  Some how, some way Mark Emmert's clowns will figure out a way to use this to completely screw the pooch.  Good grief when will we learn?  And the Laremy Tunsil three ring circus of draft night '16 still doesn't even figure into any of this.  But if the NCAA waits long enough to show a pulse on this the damage will eventually be done.  Just like Miami.

14 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

This will certainly damn the NCAA investigation just like the Nevin Shapiro trial blew up the case against Miami.  Some how, some way Mark Emmert's clowns will figure out a way to use this to completely screw the pooch.  Good grief when will we learn?  And the Laremy Tunsil three ring circus of draft night '16 still doesn't even figure into any of this.  But if the NCAA waits long enough to show a pulse on this the damage will eventually be done.  Just like Miami.

The investigation is over, the NCAA laid out the allegations, OleMiss reciprocated with their defense of the allegations, the NCAA will review OM's response and now OleMiss is on the docket to meet with the NCAA's COI for sentencing.  

How do any of these outside civil lawsuits (Rebel Rags & Houston Nutt's) have an impact on the NCAA case? 

6 hours ago, keesler said:

The investigation is over, the NCAA laid out the allegations, OleMiss reciprocated with their defense of the allegations, the NCAA will review OM's response and now OleMiss is on the docket to meet with the NCAA's COI for sentencing.  

How do any of these outside civil lawsuits (Rebel Rags & Houston Nutt's) have an impact on the NCAA case? 

Which is the cynicism font/color?

Archived