Biggest impact signees

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

No... you gave three reasons, against each of which I provided valid, logical arguments and your response to those arguments was "no". Is your "no" a "I reject your reality and substitute my own", or are you prepared to lay out some logic as to why my arguments are inaccurate? 

Sean has had the last 2 seasons to prove that he can be the caliber qb it takes to lead us to greatness, which is where we were in '10 and '13. He has proven that he is not even durable enough to make it through a whole season. During last season I watched all the games on tv, and time after time when he would miss open receivers on the deep ball, the tv analysts would replay him throwing the ball and would break down in slo-mo how bad his footwork was off. The third point about his height is my own analysis and I believe is accurate. So based on these 3 points of weakness,  I make the statement that if Sean is our starting qb for the 2017 season, we will be disappointed with another sub par year. I believe that you are thinking with your lionheart and not your lionhead, or you would see these weaknesses for yourself.

On 2/24/2017 at 1:44 PM, lionheartkc said:

The rumblings are that Coe is the man and with Davidson causing havoc on the other end and Brown/Cowart in the middle, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

I think Coe is going to have a Davidson coming out party at minimum or better. I think with the redshirt, the time in the weight room, his agility from his wrestling background and by all accounts his attitude, the guy is going to blow up spring training. Add a summer of training and in the fall Cowart have to move inside or sit behind a redshirt freshman. Spring will tell. 

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Sean has had the last 2 seasons to prove that he can be the caliber qb it takes to lead us to greatness, which is where we were in '10 and '13. He has proven that he is not even durable enough to make it through a whole season. During last season I watched all the games on tv, and time after time when he would miss open receivers on the deep ball, the tv analysts would replay him throwing the ball and would break down in slo-mo how bad his footwork was off. The third point about his height is my own analysis and I believe is accurate. So based on these 3 points of weakness,  I make the statement that if Sean is our starting qb for the 2017 season, we will be disappointed with another sub par year. I believe that you are thinking with your lionheart and not your lionhead, or you would see these weaknesses for yourself.

Carl had the 2 previous seasons to prove that he could be the caliber of Defensive End to lead us to "greatness", and ended up hurt both seasons (the same thing that happened to Sean). Yes, he provided an obvious spark when he was on the field both seasons.  So did Sean (see Vandy game). Yet, in Carl's third season he came back, stayed healthy, and lead the D to greatness. How is Sean different?

Sean has strength issues and his long ball mechanics are a mess (though he still hit nearly 50% of them). He now has a new OC to work with him and a similar style QB to push him. Why are you completely sold on the idea that he can't fix these issues?

My argument stands on the height issue.  If it was a real issue he wouldn't have been the most accurate QB in the SEC during his healthy run.

My thinking is based entirely on logic and facts. If you can't take them for what they are, then the truth is, you have made up your mind and aren't interested in listening to any new facts. I never once said that Sean was going to get through a season without getting hurt, nor did I say he was going to fix his mechanics and strength issues with his long ball... but to write the possibility of those things off entirely, when there is every chance that he could improve, is unfathomable. 

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Carl had the 2 previous seasons to prove that he could be the caliber of Defensive End to lead us to "greatness", and ended up hurt both seasons (the same thing that happened to Sean). Yes, he provided an obvious spark when he was on the field both seasons.  So did Sean (see Vandy game). Yet, in Carl's third season he came back, stayed healthy, and lead the D to greatness. How is Sean different?

Sean has strength issues and his long ball mechanics are a mess (though he still hit nearly 50% of them). He now has a new OC to work with him and a similar style QB to push him. Why are you completely sold on the idea that he can't fix these issues?

My argument stands on the height issue.  If it was a real issue he wouldn't have been the most accurate QB in the SEC during his healthy run.

My thinking is based entirely on logic and facts. If you can't take them for what they are, then the truth is, you have made up your mind and aren't interested in listening to any new facts. I never once said that Sean was going to get through a season without getting hurt, nor did I say he was going to fix his mechanics and strength issues with his long ball... but to write the possibility of those things off entirely, when there is every chance that he could improve, is unfathomable. 

Let's see if Sean wins the job and leads us to glory as you say, after the season I will gladly come back on this topic and say your were right. If someone besides Sean does the same, you can do likewise. Until then, I wish you peace and tranquility.

8 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Let's see if Sean wins the job and leads us to glory as you say, after the season I will gladly come back on this topic and say your were right. If someone besides Sean does the same, you can do likewise. Until then, I wish you peace and tranquility.

Again.  I never said he was going to win the start, lead the team to glory or do anything else.  All I said was he has the potential to fix his long ball and to be healthy for an entire year. 

I just can't understand why anyone would write a kid off like you are. If you read any of my other posts, you will see that I'm firmly in the Stidham is going to get the start camp (after all, he has a head start in skills and he gets a Spring head start on the new O), but I really get sick of reading posters putting one of our players down, especially one who lays it all on the line for the team time after time.

32 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I wanted SW to win the starting job from day one. However, it is not working if Stidham or Barret can't beat him out 1 good thing could come from it. New HC and AD.

15 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Again.  I never said he was going to win the start, lead the team to glory or do anything else.  All I said was he has the potential to fix his long ball and to be healthy for an entire year. 

I just can't understand why anyone would write a kid off like you are. If you read any of my other posts, you will see that I'm firmly in the Stidham is going to get the start camp (after all, he has a head start in skills and he gets a Spring head start on the new O), but I really get sick of reading posters putting one of our players down, especially one who lays it all on the line for the team time after time.

Not sure I've ever seen folks find the limited flaws in a player's game and extrapolate them like some around here do with Sean. 

17 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

I wanted SW to win the starting job from day one. However, it is not working if Stidham or Barret can't beat him out 1 good thing could come from it. New HC and AD.

You do realize that the performance of the football team has no bearing at all on the ADs job, right?  If we have a change in AD it will be because the new president wants to bring in his own guy, or feels like it will be int he best interest of the school to make a change, not because a QB does or does not play well.

Archived